Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Spent 3 hours in traffic getting to and from that game yesterday. I put more effort in than most of those players. Disgraceful effort. Midfield needs to be ashamed of themselves.

The Mac move forward all be if too late has been fantastic, Ballard has been completely unlocked down back and king is thriving having Mac’s aggressiveness down forward
Mac needs to be further up the ground, not wasting away in a forward pocket next to King most of the game. I’d put him at CHF.

I think i read we have won 1 game in our last 20 games in the final two rounds in a season.
So last 10 years won once
It is the Gold Coast. Players subconsciously thinking they’re already on September holidays?

Member thank you round lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More like “thanks for your money, suckers!”

So a GC team has never had success in any team sport. There is something genuinely wrong with sporting culture on the Gold Coast. Just doesn't mean enough
Lifestyle outside of work is too good, especially for the interstate recruits. Only two really trying yesterday were Buddhas and Uwland, both local boys.

They said on the broadcast today that we are last in playing on from a mark. We are so stagnant and lack players with the confidence or skills to run and move the ball, which is what Hardwick wants us to be. We are stuck between playing Dew’s slow, contested, down the line style and Hardwick’s move it on quick style and the result is just a great mess.

I don’t think we are seeing anything near what he wants us to do with so many pieces missing from his puzzle both in terms of new players and current players understanding their/others roles, so it’s hard to gauge. But I do see the potential at least in Hardwick’s vision going forward, whereas I was out on Dew’s vision 18 months before he left.

I do think that we need a clean out of assistant coaches however (minus Josh Drummond, who I’m surprised hasn’t been spoken about for any head coach vacancies).
Spot on. Said exactly the same thing watching yesterday with my old man.

I’m overseas at the moment
Didn’t see the game
Won’t see the game
But son number 1 left at 3/4 time
He’s 17 now
Has never done it in 14 previous seasons
“Just at least the first 5 minutes of the last quarter dad in case they make a comeback!”
He sees gold in a stream of Suns piss so it must have been real bad

I’m overseas at the moment
Didn’t see the game
Won’t see the game
But son number 1 left at 3/4 time
He’s 17 now
Has never done it in 14 previous seasons
“Just at least the first 5 minutes of the last quarter dad in case they make a comeback!”
He sees gold in a stream of Suns piss so it must have been real bad

Definitely chose the right quarter to miss - easily the worse of the year. Most of the year even when they are well beaten they fight the game out... yesterday they just gave up in the last quarter and Demons just took the piss

And as the sun sets on footy on the Goldie for another season, after a gorgeous late winter Saturday at our great boutique stadium 15 minutes from home....we are once again fading away near the bottom of the ladder, 3-6 after the bye, and a fair chance to not even equal our 'best' of 4 wins after the bye. Sigh!
Our post-bye history is something like 32-2-109, a 24% success rate, so not once in our 14 years have we headed into the off season with momentum and optimism. It takes a tough breed to stay Suns fan!
And that's 12 losses on the trot to the Dees. Geez!
Plus, we have won a grand total of two final round games, so the bottom team, the Tigers no less, must rate their chances next week!!
Think I will start following the Gold Coast skateboarders - male and female Olympic gold medallists.
Nah! I will be back next year.

I play golf every saturday arvo, so when there is a clash I rush home afterwards to watch a replay. Luckily someone told me the half time score and the final score. So I did not rush home. And for the first time this year, I will not watch the game. Not even a minute.

Sadly, this usually occurs every August. It was the same last year. We need a sicko to work out our record by month. August would be a guaranteed train wreck.

Honestly, it is hard to be as consistent as we are. A top 7 pick for the last 14 years straight.
#TheDependables

Plus, we are a very well balanced footy team. Every really good win is followed by an equally poor loss.
#Feng Shui Masters

Stroppy, your August comment made me curious. Definitely a poor month for our Suns.
2011-2024 to date: 11-2-46, 22% success
2011-2015: 7-1-15, 35% success
2016-2024 to date: 4-1-31, 14% success
Wins and draws count as success.
It's official! The Suns are terrible in August, particularly over last 9 years, winning only 4 August games.
Any one have any theories?!

Stroppy, your August comment made me curious. Definitely a poor month for our Suns.
2011-2024 to date: 11-2-46, 22% success
2011-2015: 7-1-15, 35% success
2016-2024 to date: 4-1-31, 14% success
Wins and draws count as success.
It's official! The Suns are terrible in August, particularly over last 9 years, winning only 4 August games.
Any one have any theories?!
a) They’re a bunch of pussies!

b) Don’t want to put their September overseas holidays in jeopardy?

c) We went too early on sacking Bluey McKenna?

That is......just.....I dunno......pathetic?
Is that the right word?
Yes.
Yes, it is the right word.
Pathetic.
The problem is any given week our bottom 20-25% literally offer us nothing
Do it by possessions or fantasy points but the bottom 7 every week put so much pressure on our mids and backs that at some point the whole team breaks down
Excluding defenders our bottom 7 Saturday were Holman Humphrey Andrew Rogers Walter Long and Swallow(sub)
Between them they managed 47 possessions- less than 7 touches in a game of football
These are guys who should be getting the ball 15-25 times a game
They did manage 13 tackles between them
That's where the pathetic stems from
Then you wonder why our mids are cracked
I don't
This is Dimmas 20% but its more like 30 tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may hate Secco but he gets the ball 20 times a game rebounds out of 50 4 times a game and makes at least 2 tackles
How could anyone hate Secco. He’s a GC legend. The inbred media has carried on about Lukosius VFL game last week, well I was there and Secco was way better than Lukosius.

Farrar Ace and Faulkhead are list cloggers. Blind Freedy can see it.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Farrar is the best of the three, as he can play at both ends. I thought he might have got a game this year with some decent VFL form earlier, but as you say—maybe he’s a clogger. Think he is still contracted, while the other two are not.

Surprised Farrar failed to get a game this year. Takes the game on more than 99% of the list and has the versatility and energy to make a great sub. We haven’t been good enough for players like him not to get a crack at some point.
Yeahs. No knock on Johnston, but he should not be playing before Farrar.

This year was a weird mix of trialling young players in new positions almost for the sake of it and wanting to play finals. In the end, our young players didn’t get better (bar maybe Graham) and we didn’t make finals.

Yeahs. No knock on Johnston, but he should not be playing before Farrar.

This year was a weird mix of trialling young players in new positions almost for the sake of it and wanting to play finals. In the end, our young players didn’t get better (bar maybe Graham) and we didn’t make finals.
Clohesy was a find on the wing and Uwland is now a lock in that back pocket.

Clohesy was a find on the wing and Uwland is now a lock in that back pocket.
Yeah fair. I guess Uwland was on the list already so I forgot about him, but he’s had a very good year.

I’ve mentioned Clohsey a few times as a model player of why we should look at the VFL tier. Somehow he’s become our best (and only?) winger.

Uwland has been the most consistent, Clohsey impressive early and Graham seems like he will fit in well. Still, others have not impressed enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back