Game Day Round 23 vs. Brisbane, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally love to see Ed come in and have a run for the next two weeks, real chance this week to give him some exposure next to Neale and Dunkley - 2 of the prime midfield movers in the comp. Be also interesting to have a look at a mix of Nick, Ned and Ed as a potential midfield trio for the future given all are 21-22 and (on paper at least) should seem to compliment each other quite well. Would also love Parker to also get a run ahead of Markov for the last two rounds.

Noble is an interesting one, seems to be a repeat of last year where he started the season really well and then slid out of form (and last year out of the side in the finals). Again started this season on fire, and looked like he was playing with a point to prove - but again his form has dropped away the last few months and if we were in finals contention his spot would again be seriously under threat. Is it a body not being able to get through a full season? Or a mental thing where he fatigues and switches off when it "gets too hard"? Strikes me as a player who's gulf between best and worst is far too wide, and doesn't hit the middle ground consistently enough atm.
Thing is, this time last year, Markov was playing well, and WHE was in defence late in the season. Neither of those things are happening atm. So he probably gets away with his lean form. But he'd want to do a bit better soon, and going into next year. Parker probably hot on his heels.

Thing is, this time last year, Markov was playing well, and WHE was in defence late in the season. Neither of those things are happening atm. So he probably gets away with his lean form. But he'd want to do a bit better soon, and going into next year. Parker probably hot on his heels.
Yeah he's lucky this year the competition for the spot has somewhat dried up, though next year I think Parker will come on in bounds, and I am a big wrap for young TJ of the HBF, while Sidey has shown an ability to play that role if needs be - so JFN could start feeling the heat for his spot

We’ve beaten Brisbane the last two times we played them. We are therefore on a roll.😋

Two desperate teams. Lions are favourites. Pfft.

This is exactly the sort of game where we’ve surprised and won under Fly. I can’t wait.

I want us to win be 3 points with Brisbane not getting a contentious free at the end. When questioned Fly to be honest and say "Yeah, it probably would have been paid at the Gabba."

Like others, I'd like to see Ed get a game and maybe Harry as well.
Both were amongst our best in the VFL last week.
Flat out with best team. We've still got a glimmer of hope with Blues' injuries. If we lose or Blues or Freo win this week, we're dead and then paly whoever in the final week.

Markov is offically a spud now ... hopefuly get a 3 rd rounder for him …

If that happened he’d be going to his fourth club. Surely that would be some kind of record?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine the ethos will continue to be 'play the minutes' at the club, but I really hope we see the below players play the final 2 games.

• Nathan Kreuger: Showed some promising signs before his concussion. I would be putting McStay on ice for the final two games and seeing what we have in Kreugs.

• Ed Allan: Has been in great form in the VFL, I think he would benefit greatly from these final two AFL games as a platform for his pre-season

• Reef McInnes: Has the talent, let's give him some full game time and see if he can prove something in the final 2 games.

• Finlay Macrae: Likely out the door at seasons end, why not play him and see what he could do in the final two games.

• Joe Richards: Looks a talent and has rival interest. Lets see if he delivers with 100% game time

This.

Didn’t say he should definitely come in
Just that when he’s played he’s been ok
Cox hasn’t set the world on fire either but cox ruckwork far superior
He tries hard but is just not good enough. Doubt he gets a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back