Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed - all patrons will be handed Dolphin Torches as they arrive at the ground

I Went to some county towns first ever twilight rodeo back in the 90’s where the generator for the lights cut out.

They went round and asked all the people to bring their cars towards the arena and turn their lights on, until they could fix the generators. So for the best part of an hour, all you could see was car lights shining on the arena and everything else was pitch black.

or call it off due to bad light...

AFL has contractual commitments to the broadcasters to provide a specific number of games per round. They would need to secure Foxtel's agreement to call off the game, or else argue that the industrial action is an act of God that justifies the cancellation of the game. If Foxtel's lawyers were smart, they probably negotiated into the broadcast agreement that, as between AFL and Foxtel, AFL is responsible for ensuring the suitability of the grounds to host games of football that are to be broadcast by Foxtel, which negates the force majeure argument.

The other option would be to play it at the MCG on Sunday.

Again, contracts come into play. Hawthorn has signed a contract with the Tasmanian Government to play four home games in 2024 at York Park. Since it's the last round of the season, there's no prospect of the AFL, Hawthorn and the Tasmanian Government doing a tripartite arrangement to move the game to the MCG and to reallocate another Hawthorn home game to York Park later in the season (even if you could get the other stakeholders to sign off on this arrangement).

It's probably a bit more of a gray area because Hawthorn could argue that the Tasmanian Government has not provided a fit for purpose venue for one of the home games, but the alternative would be that the venue operator (on behalf of the Government) agrees to change the start time to ensure the game goes ahead.

My uneducated thought would be the AFL must be pretty comfortable with the weather being OK to change to 12.30.

Would be an odd ( but such AFL ) move to reschedule without lights an option to worse weather .
Light are an option. It’s just that the Union won’t allow anyone to work on the power of there is a problem

We were going to go shopping after my sons 11am Basketball game which finishes at 12pm and then I was going to watch the game at 4:35pm.

But in exciting news, we've been able to reschedule the shopping to 10am before the Basketball game and I'll still be able to watch the game at the new start time of 12:30pm.

Lame. Partner and I are going to our first game in Tassie for years. Planned on doing Salamanca market in the morning and driving up to Launceston in the arvo. Won't have time to stop for curry scallop pies in Richmond!

I hope scallop in this case is in reference to potato, because my goodness if that's curried seafood in a pie then surely your intestines are rejoicing at the new start time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope scallop in this case is in reference to potato, because my goodness if that's curried seafood in a pie then surely your intestines are rejoicing at the new start time.

They are bloody excellent - and if your intestines can't handle curried seafood I suggest eating any kind of pie would be precarious.

Clarko now has an excuse when he loses.

"Darn, had the team training in the Twighlight all week, dam Hawthorn, dam the AFL for moving the game time! It's a conspiracy that's what it is!"

I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as a power dispute.
star wars GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back