Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko now has an excuse when he loses.

"Darn, had the team training in the Twighlight all week, dam Hawthorn, dam the AFL for moving the game time! It's a conspiracy that's what it is!"

Not nearly enough umms and errs.

This reminds me of the time the trade federation stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.

I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as a power dispute.

;)

threesixpio you really missed a window here

or call it off due to bad light...

or make us play a make up game in the week off everyone else is getting before finals....
Cracking Up Laughing GIF by Kathryn Dean

Last edited:
AFL are so soft, they'll pander to anyone.

It's not pandering, just risk management. The AFL have no control over industrial action and are in no position to resolve it so have had to make a contingency plan. The AFL do lots of questionable things but this is not one of them IMO.

They are bloody excellent - and if your intestines can't handle curried seafood I suggest eating any kind of pie would be precarious.

Haha. Look, speaking only from personal preferences.
I don't enjoy seafood and my wife is allergic.

I also really dislike curried sausages. So my brain went into overdrive considering those sausages substituted for seafood then shoved inside a pie. Combine that with the gastro I've had this week and it sounds more like a Jackass stunt than a succulent meal.

But it's getting a lot of support, so I'm clearly in the minority!

Also, I can understand it's frustrating, but you know what's MORE frustrating?

A power outage followed by splitting the points then victories to Carlton, the Dogs and Freo. We finish 9th because the game wasn't shifted to lunch time.

Easiest option here is to simply move it to lunch time.

We’re very close to Banjos, thanks for the recommendation!
There’s a Banjo’s in Campbell Town too, which is on your way to Launceston. It’s usually a bit busy on Hawks game day though as Campbell Town is a popular stop on the way up.

There’s a nice Bakery in Ross too, you just have to do a slight detour as Ross was bypassed a number of years ago, but doesn’t add too long to the drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Look, speaking only from personal preferences.
I don't enjoy seafood and my wife is allergic.

I also really dislike curried sausages. So my brain went into overdrive considering those sausages substituted for seafood then shoved inside a pie. Combine that with the gastro I've had this week and it sounds more like a Jackass stunt than a succulent meal.

But it's getting a lot of support, so I'm clearly in the minority!

I had 3 bouts of gastro last year thanks to the youngling’s first year in daycare so I absolutely get it - even some basic toast is a mountain to climb mentally when you’re battling it or recovering.

It is a quality pie however if you do like seafood and curry. Apollo Bay Bakery is also a good spot for one if any mainlanders are keen and in the neighbourhood.

I’ve got something on tomorrow arv going into the evening, was probably only going to be able to watch half the game at best. Now I can watch the whole thing, WOOHOO!
I’ll be at Brisbane airport for the final quarter now, airport beers will hopefully taste good

You guys don't know misery. My brother, his wife and two kids are all (like me) fanatic Hawks.
They spent a truckload to make the last game for the whole family.
They fly into Launceston at 1:30 tomorrow. They'll be lucky to catch the last quarter in some sports bar.

I often have work or plans during the time the game is on. I turn all the notifications off on my phone and stay off bigfooty until I finish work and watch the replay as if it's live (with the bonus of being able to skip the half time junk), so that's what I'll do and my day isn't ruined by the change of time.

I feel terrible for all the people who have travel plans and won't be able to make it in time. Heartbreaking, and I doubt there's a lot many can do to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back