Game Day Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - I think I can explain properly why I don't rate Xerri.

He's playing a good individual season but we're waltzing it out of the middle, and Meek is having a big impact. He's giving away silly free kicks and he's always on the deck trying to get a possession or a tackle. I just don't get the appeal of a ruck whose major selling point is that they play like an extra midfielder, because it's always extra midfielder - but worse.
And he's a tosser!

They were half right ! Meek is a star. I’d sub him or Sicily off late in the third. The players we can least afford to get injured and he’s been unwell this week
Yeah I agree.

If they are 70 up at 3qt.

The only relevance to the % is to stay ahead of Carlton and we've almost done that already. St Kilda dont really concede huge scores.

A massive win would be good to stick it up clarko but i still hope Shiels kicks one

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Hudson when North get a free continues to call play as if nothing happens.
Huddo when Hawthorn gets a free: 'Another free kick, the North player looks aggrieved, how is the interpretation going to be in the finals for this club? What is the opposition supposed to do, not tackle? '

I’ll never forget his verbal taunting of Dermott pre game in 2008 gf. Did dermie rub it back in after

Kept saying Hawks has no chance whatsoever

Very apparent the fox crew are commentating off screens in Melbourne, been awful.

We are in 2nd gear and making north look well below AFL standard.

Going to be very interesting to see how many hawks make the All Australian team, the narrative that we are well coached even side with no A grade talent really under values the quality we have.

Meek is beating Xerri, Newcombe been huge, Frost a career year and killing Larkey, can't think of any half backs I'd take over Impey or Amon; yet the same old media favourites will no doubt get in the side with a Bont/Cripps/Neale type slotting into a wing or half back.

Very apparent the fox crew are commentating off screens in Melbourne, been awful.

We are in 2nd gear and making north look well below AFL standard.

Going to be very interesting to see how many hawks make the All Australian team, the narrative that we are well coached even side with no A grade talent really under values the quality we have.

Meek is beating Xerri, Newcombe been huge, Frost a career year and killing Larkey, can't think of any half backs I'd take over Impey or Amon; yet the same old media favourites will no doubt get in the side with a Bont/Cripps/Neale type slotting into a wing or half back.
So just like our three-peat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially early in the first when the cameraman lost where the ball was and the commentators were lost on what to say.

Hudson when North get a free continues to call play as if nothing happens.
Huddo when Hawthorn gets a free: 'Another free kick, the North player looks aggrieved, how is the interpretation going to be in the finals for this club? What is the opposition supposed to do, not tackle? '
He is a Geelong supporter at the end of the day. He does a bee in his bonnet about the Hawks small forwards frees

Awww the stay at 4th on the ladder was short lived - Cats absolutely murdering a very timid Weagles

Still feel Norf is worse, as playing at that swamp in Geelong is a good 5 goal automatic lead to the Cats

He is a Geelong supporter at the end of the day. He does a bee in his bonnet about the Hawks small forwards frees
He is definitely trying to drive a story for attention in advance of finals. It’s unprofessional and Bucks not having a bar of it

Especially early in the first when the cameraman lost where the ball was and the commentators were lost on what to say.

Yes almost felt sorry for Bucks and Huddo when the ball was MIA on screen!

When live at the ground it's always interesting to see what's happening ahead and behind the ball. Match ups, movement patterns, man loose behind or up at stoppage. Good commentators will speak to that given watching on TV its hard to see off ball. Got none of that today, closest we've had is Browny talking about Montanga's 'amazing' mid week analysis of the empy nest. The boys club afl media is awful, sorry rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back