Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of wanted the honourable loss for better picks but the way the commentators openly barracked for the Blues and their feral supporters booing everything and assaulting goal umpires, my hatred of the cheating scum came to the fore.

To see their faces at the end when that goal went through was priceless

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

An hour before the game I was genuinely on the fence about winning or the draft picks. I think me jumping on the bed and waking the neighbours answered that question.

I challenge any supporter not to get swept up in that. Yes we pay a price at the draft table, but I am happy to pay that to get a taste of those salty Carlton tears

And happy to buy any of the memberships off the microwave brigade. I cant go to games over here anyway. Who wouldn't rather that feeling rolling into the off-season?

Really must be night and day between having that as your last game of the year, compared to what a 20yo North or Bombers player would feel. Bring on 25

What a choke from Carlton, even with the umpires trying to carry them over the line they still couldn't beat us.

That was worth losing pick 5.

1278333609697.jpg

We will still get another good kid with Pick 7 and he will be taught to win at all costs which is much more important for us.

Tanking to get a loss for a better draft pick is a fool's game and breeds a losing culture, we are breeding a winning culture.

That will hold us in good stead for next year and beyond.

An hour before the game I genuinely was on the fence about winning and whether I wanted the draft picks. I think me jumping on the bed and waking the neighbours answered that question.

I seriously challenge any supporter not to get swept up in that. Yes we pay a price at the draft table, but will happily pay that to watch get a taste of those salty Carlton tears

And happy to buy any of the memberships off the microwave brigade. I cant go to games over here anyway. Rather that feeling rolling into the off-season.

Must be night and day between having that as your last game of the year, compared to what a 20yo North or Bombers player would feel

You do realise they most likely still play finals.

Today was just about the most St Kilda thing ever.

Crushing other teams dreams is loser mentality. We aren't making finals, how does other teams hurting help us? We are the loser who gets enjoyment out of other people's misery because we never achieve anything ourselves.

We need to do the best for us and winning wasn't the best for us. In fact, today did nothing but push us further away from a flag and I want to bloody well see one in my lifetime.

Say goodbye to the elite guys pushing for a #1 pick spot in FOS, Jagga, Smillie, Lalor or Draper. May as well have pick 15 now. Only difference between the team that actually has 15 and us is they'll be playing finals.

Again, zero enjoyment from winning in August when it means nothing but a flattering win loss record in a season that let us all down.

Absolute amateur hour if we are celebrating anything from this year and embarrassing to let other clubs live in our heads so much that seeing them lose means more than securing one of the elite draftees for our future.

Makes me sick seeing Filth supporters and the likes celebrating this win, pathetic. If we ain't in the finals we may as well be last. I'm sick of this I truly am, we never do what's best for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crushing other teams dreams is loser mentality. We aren't making finals, how does other teams hurting help us? We are the loser who gets enjoyment out of other people's misery because we never achieve anything ourselves.

We need to do the best for us and winning wasn't the best for us. In fact, today did nothing but push us further away from a flag and I want to bloody well see one in my lifetime.

Say goodbye to the elite guys pushing for a #1 pick spot in FOS, Jagga, Smillie, Lalor or Draper. May as well have pick 15 now. Only difference between the team that actually has 15 and us is they'll be playing finals.

Again, zero enjoyment from winning in August when it means nothing but a flattering win loss record in a season that let us all down.

Absolute amateur hour if we are celebrating anything from this year and embarrassing to let other clubs live in our heads so much that seeing them lose means more than securing one of the elite draftees for our future.

Makes me sick seeing Filth supporters and the likes celebrating this win, pathetic. If we ain't in the finals we may as well be last. I'm sick of this I truly am, we never do what's best for us.
😔

So winning = loser mentality
Tanking for draft picks = winning mentality

Not sure many would agree

You do realise they most likely still play finals.

Today was just about the most St Kilda thing ever.
Just enjoy the win. We get 7 and 8 ( if band one).
NAZ was 13
Pou was 19
Wilson was 18

Yes I have changed my tune, we are playing Carlton to extract revenge on history.
They tried to fold us. I hope we have destroyed their season.
That was a finals like game and we won it.

Look at the pure joy at the end. They all ran to Jones who made that smother.

We play like a team we ain't far off it I reckon.

Geez you must be fun at parties!
You know which parties are fun, the ones after you win a flag !

Getting up and about after a win in late August which means f**k all in a dead season that just cost us elite midfielders you'll pardon me if I don't put on my party hat.

Melbourne and Gold Coasts lists now get even better access to talent than us now. What a surprise party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back