Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm telling you that club culture and development is better than the picks you have.

you can have 1000 pick ones, but it doesn't make you a better team.

a champion team will always beat a team of champions

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ok
Mate I’ve heard the cliches
I’m a bird in the hand type fella - at 3.30 today we had 5 in the hand …I liked it
Do I feel our culture is “mortally wounded” if we drop this game ? (With effort of course…it’s not easy to lose and look you’re not trying …it’s a skill in itself …Im kidding..) point is I think you’re over stating what 1 game means to our culture
IF we nailed best 2 mids at picks 5-6 (with Battles compensation) that sets us up for a decade
Now we’ll need to do it from 7-8 (maybe later after any FS/academy picks etc who knows)
Anyway the game is done your euphoric congrats

It’s a forum mate do I need to break that down for you as well ?
You still telling me pick 7 is better than 5 ??
Jog on
pick 5 is better than pick 7 but i don't think its a big difference. pou landed at our pick because teams picked worse players before him. so we could just get lucky again. in theory the best player in the draft might land at our pick

ooh I love this game

1. 2023 Draft:
- Pick 5: Zane Duursma (Hawthorn)
- Pick 6: Ryley Sanders (North Melbourne)
- Pick 7: Ollie Murphy (GWS Giants)

2. 2022 Draft:
- Pick 5: Elijah Tsatas (Essendon)
- Pick 6: Bailey Humphrey (Gold Coast)
- Pick 7: Cameron Mackenzie (Hawthorn)

3. 2021 Draft:
- Pick 5: Mac Andrew (Gold Coast)
- Pick 6: Josh Rachele (Adelaide)
- Pick 7: Josh Ward (Hawthorn)

4. 2020 Draft:
- Pick 5: Braeden Campbell (Sydney)
- Pick 6: Denver Grainger-Barras (Hawthorn)
- Pick 7: Elijah Hollands (Gold Coast)

5. 2019 Draft:
- Pick 5: Dylan Stephens (Sydney)
- Pick 6: Fischer McAsey (Adelaide)
- Pick 7: Hayden Young (Fremantle)

6. 2018 Draft:
- Pick 5: Connor Rozee (Port Adelaide)
- Pick 6: Ben King (Gold Coast)
- Pick 7: Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

7. 2017 Draft:
- Pick 5: Adam Cerra (Fremantle)
- Pick 6: Jaidyn Stephenson (Collingwood)
- Pick 7: Hunter Clark (St Kilda)

8. 2016 Draft:
- Pick 5: Will Setterfield (GWS Giants)
- Pick 6: Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton)
- Pick 7: Jack Scrimshaw (Gold Coast)

9. 2015 Draft:
- Pick 5: Darcy Parish (Essendon)
- Pick 6: Aaron Francis (Essendon)
- Pick 7: Jacob Hopper (GWS Giants)

10. 2014 Draft:
- Pick 5: Jordan De Goey (Collingwood)
- Pick 6: Caleb Marchbank (GWS Giants)
- Pick 7: Paul Ahern (GWS Giants)

11. 2013 Draft:
- Pick 5: Kade Kolodjashnij (Gold Coast)
- Pick 6: Matthew Scharenberg (Collingwood)
- Pick 7: James Aish (Brisbane Lions)

12. 2012 Draft:
- Pick 5: Jake Stringer (Western Bulldogs)
- Pick 6: Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs)
- Pick 7: Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

13. 2011 Draft:
- Pick 5: Matt Buntine (GWS Giants)
- Pick 6: Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide)
- Pick 7: Nick Haynes (GWS Giants)

14. 2010 Draft:
- Pick 5: Jared Polec (Brisbane Lions)
- Pick 6: Reece Conca (Richmond)
- Pick 7: Josh Caddy (Gold Coast)

15. 2009 Draft:
- Pick 5: Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne)
- Pick 6: Gary Rohan (Sydney)
- Pick 7: Brad Sheppard (West Coast)

Not a lot in it for mine..each to their own.

Coaching and Development (and injury luck) beats all.

DeGoey the clearest gap between 5 and 6. Watchers aren't saying that is this draft. Cerra better than Clark but didn't drag Freo into finals did he.

Pick 6 is cursed

Ok
Mate I’ve heard the cliches
I’m a bird in the hand type fella - at 3.30 today we had 5 in the hand …I liked it
Do I feel our culture is “mortally wounded” if we drop this game ? (With effort of course…it’s not easy to lose and look you’re not trying …it’s a skill in itself …Im kidding..) point is I think you’re over stating what 1 game means to our culture
IF we nailed best 2 mids at picks 5-6 (with Battles compensation) that sets us up for a decade
Now we’ll need to do it from 7-8 (maybe later after any FS/academy picks etc who knows)
Anyway the game is done your euphoric congrats
"you're"

and yes I am, thank you. the ladies of Traralgon seem to think so as well ;)

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol you looking to get tough with your internet pals …I always had you down as the big dog here ??
Cowering on the internet….cmon big fella hit me with one of those witty golden verbal barbs..Im terrified 😳

When I’m ready. You go play with Joffa little man

Well mate it isn't me trying to tell people a number is better than another number. A truly blinkered and narrow view.

It's like asking the question ' Are you still a paedophile, yes or no?
When somebody says I never was, you say. That's not the question I asked.
Broaden your thought processes, son.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I find people using words like “paedophile” in an example followed by “broaden your thought processes son” disturbing …
Goodnight grandad - 5 is still better than 7 and here I was once believing you were a hot shot accountant…

I find people using words like “paedophile” in an example followed by “broaden your thought processes son” disturbing …
Goodnight grandad - 5 is still better than 7 and here I was once believing you were a hot shot accountant…

Oh Jesus. Come on man up your game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** the draft picks. Go watch the last 2 minutes of that game again. Or watch the second half of last week. Or watch us belt a Bombers team whose season was on the line. You can put lottery pick 7 in this side and he has a real chance to do great. North have a billion top 5 picks and they laid down and died this weekend. We're not talking about the difference between a first rounder and second rounder here. It's literally two picks, and we're building something real with this team. Docklands was positively hostile tonight and they found a way. Next time we're in that situation we might really need the win, and now we've got that experience. That's worth the difference between lottery pick 5 and lottery pick 7 for me.

Collard would be lovely one day but feel like that’ll be in WA before here sadly

Would not be surprised to see Collard traded the end of this season.
Yes the young fella looked absolutely miserable this week

WfA97Xj.gif

**** the draft picks. Go watch the last 2 minutes of that game again. Or watch the second half of last week. Or watch us belt a Bombers team whose season was on the line. You can put lottery pick 7 in this side and he has a real chance to do great. North have a billion top 5 picks and they laid down and died this weekend. We're not talking about the difference between a first rounder and second rounder here. It's literally two picks, and we're building something real with this team. Docklands was positively hostile tonight and they found a way. Next time we're in that situation we might really need the win, and now we've got that experience. That's worth the difference between lottery pick 5 and lottery pick 7 for me.

I hate losing so any win is glorious but understand exactly why others are disappointed. It was a ****ed year that promised to be off set by an incredible pick. When the draft rolls around I’ll probably be in a rage when all my favourite players are gone now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back