Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillipou probably back this week

Hayes was the best performer at VFL level by far out of the key forwards, just a question of whether he has the fitness or not. Ross has spoken strongly of giving the OOC guys to prove themselves before season's end

Also think there could be a surprise for a sub selection. Max Hall was great on the weekend and maybe we're keen to see him at AFL level especially since Sandy don't have a game this weekend. He'd make a good super-sub. Hastie also an option. Realistically its probably Dow or Paton:expressionless:

In: Hayes, Phillipou
Out: Caminiti, Hill

Sub: Dow

Jones and Wilson to play more wing. Garcia to take some of Dow's midfield mins and some of Wilson's fwd mins. Pou to take remaining Jones & Dow midfield minutes
That sounds fine to me.

Now, I'm stipulating the "lets look to the future" response, so there is no need to make it, but here is the entire list of St Kilda players who have played 200 games for the club and won more than one B&F:

Ross Smith, Jeff Sarau, Trevor Barker, Robert Harvey, Nicky Winmar, Nathan Burke, Nick Riewoldt, Lenny Hayes, Sam Fisher, Sebastian Ross.

Ten players in our entire history.

Seb Ross deserves a farewell game. If he's not fit, then so be it, but he deserves a farewell game.

That sounds fine to me.

Now, I'm stipulating the "lets look to the future" response, so there is no need to make it, but here is the entire list of St Kilda players who have played 200 games for the club and won more than one B&F:

Ross Smith, Jeff Sarau, Trevor Barker, Robert Harvey, Nicky Winmar, Nathan Burke, Nick Riewoldt, Lenny Hayes, Sam Fisher, Sebastian Ross.

Seb Ross deserves a farewell game. If he's not fit, then so be it, but he deserves a farewell game.
Oh yeah 100%. If he's fit then Dow goes out and Seb into sub. The cheers when he's activated will be nice to hear

Random fact:

Our record since Hunter Clark returned to the senior team (round 13 vs West Coast) is 7-3.

Hunter averages 9.9 contested possessions a game with only Steele and Roma having more. Pretty decent impact for a bloke averaging 62% TOG.

Think he has played an underrated role in our midfields improvement in the second half of the year.
That's a great stat there saintkildaman.

It goes to underline as you say how underrated Hunter has been......very effective despite a lower TOG number.

The above contested number possessions number is certainly a surprise for me.

I wouldn't have guessed that just with the eye test.

That sounds fine to me.

Is Seb retiring?

Random fact:

Our record since Hunter Clark returned to the senior team (round 13 vs West Coast) is 7-3.

Hunter averages 9.9 contested possessions a game with only Steele and Roma having more. Pretty decent impact for a bloke averaging 62% TOG.

Think he has played an underrated role in our midfields improvement in the second half of the year.
Fun Fact:

They said on the replay that we have won 14 of our last qtrs out of the 22 games so far.

I guess you could say we're always in with a chance(despite slipping 5 or more goals behind ala Sat night and also against the Swannies)..........unless it's painfully obvious that we're not..........and that the large lady is heading for the podium.

:):):)

"HOLD THE PRESSES"

"BATTLE STATIONS:

Bad choice of words with the above 2 words given the current climate.

TRAINING ALERT:

The final 2 sessions for this season are as follows:

Wed and Friday at approx 10.30 am.

Where did that season go ???????

For those planning to attend either of them.......grab yourself a coffee and Roast Beef toastie........the Ham and Brie toastie aint too bad either.

After this week......I believe that the players will go on a 10 week recess.......returning for the pre xmas training block Mon Nov 4th.

That is all.

Just wish next season he can get fitter than ever and push his game time up to 70-80%

Getting his game time up is his key to going to the next level.

Maybe Hunt’s TOG is lower as Ross sees him a predominantly inside mid so isn’t getting any time elsewhere.

You’d think he’d slot in at HB if needed but we’re plenty set there at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"HOLD THE PRESSES"

"BATTLE STATIONS:

TRAINING ALERT:

For those planning to attend either of them.......grab yourself a coffee and Roast Beef toastie........the Ham and Brie toastie aint too bad either.

After this week......I believe that the players will go on a 10 week recess.......returning for the pre xmas training block Mon Nov 4th.

That is all.
Can’t wait until our customary preseason comp spit roast of North and Essendon.
Look forward to your training reports again mate they help to break up the long off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1724057016635.png
Mean The Grinch GIF by MAU Workforce Solutions

"HOLD THE PRESSES"

"BATTLE STATIONS:

TRAINING ALERT:

That is all.
And a big thanks to you Watto for updating us with training times throughout the season.

That sounds fine to me.

I agree, if he's leaving give him a final game. Not a huge fan of his game but his service has been undeniable.

Stocker to blanket Cripps and a strong display from Dow finishing with an after the siren goal thanks to a dubious free kick in the dying seconds.
A dubious free kick and then a shocking 50 metre penalty to bring him in range lol

That's a great stat there saintkildaman.

It goes to underline as you say how underrated Hunter has been......very effective despite a lower TOG number.

The above contested number possessions number is certainly a surprise for me.

I wouldn't have guessed that just with the eye test.

His first 5 mins of the 3rd quarter he had about 5 touches. Along with Darcy and Roma really got us going.

He's a bit like Acres, can have a purple patch and rack up 6-7 touches in no time then goes missing for a quarter. But can have a big impact in that time. Just needs fitness and a good run with injuries.

That sounds fine to me.

That's if he is leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back