Preview Round 3, 2018: Richmond v Hawthorn, 8 April 2018, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes and what not
Morrison or Glass in for Burgoyne if he can't get up.

Probably the only change i can see being needed at the moment. Doc was pretty good tonight and should hold his spot. Brand was disappointing but will hold his spot unless Frawley is fit.

Last edited:
We need more speed off half back. O’Brien would be very nervous during the week.

IN: Glass, Frawley

OUT: O’Brien (omitted), Burgoyne (injured)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Burton, Brand, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Rioli, Schoenmakers, Gunston

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Howe, Impey, Glass, Duryea

EMG: Lovell, O’Brien, Mirra, Morrison

Glass and O'Rourke for Bugers and Tim O'Brien

O’Rourke and Lovell are edging closer to being in the mix. I still think they need another game or two in the VFL though as they’ve hardly played in the last two years.

Duryea never again. Shoenmakers and O'Brien playing together never again…. why do they keep playing those two!!! even stevie wonder can see it can't work.
IN: Glass, Morrison, Frawley (fingers crossed)
OUT: Duryea, Burgoyne and one of Shoenmakers/O'Brien

I reckon Duryea’s last quarter probably saves him.

Out: Burgoyne, Schoenmakers
In: Glass, Frawley (hopefully but have a feeling it will be long term)

Pretty confident for this one. Caddy out will help immensely. We can match them in pressure and I believe we can quell the influence of the smalls in Rioli, Townsend, Butler etc through Stratton, Hardwick, Sicily etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Rourke has never shown anything. Don't want him anywhere near the team. Average player and has been since we recruited him

How bad is Burgers? Dad said its a small strain and will be only 1 or 2 weeks which is weird for a hammy

Out: Burgoyne, Tob (matchup)
In: Chip and wouldn't mind seeing Morrison or Mirra

A lot of people on this thread with no clue. Why three changes to a team that's won its last two games?

Frawley will come back in for Brand if fit. O'Brien and Doc were good today, there will only be another change if Burgoyne can't get up. It's likely to be Glass or Morrison but I would be tempted by O'Rourke - another ball-winner would be handy and gives a chance for Jaeger or Shiels to go forward occasionally.

We need more speed off half back. O’Brien would be very nervous during the week.

IN: Glass, Frawley

OUT: O’Brien (omitted), Burgoyne (injured)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Burton, Brand, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Rioli, Schoenmakers, Gunston

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Howe, Impey, Glass, Duryea

EMG: Lovell, O’Brien, Mirra, Morrison

Agree with the need for speed. Although I think Schoey makes way and Timmy moves forward.

Schoey had 5 touches and 0 tackles and was a non factor unfortunately.

Glass in for Silk.

Brand on Reiwoldt and Chip on their other tall. Stratton to Dusty when he’s forward.

Down our forward half, Impey to play on Rance. He has the speed and strength to worry him and runs to good spots.

No Caddy is cancelled out by no Silk for us. They pretty much had Dusty, Caddy and Rance and not much else against Adelaide.

Big chance to knock them off. The belief after today would be huge.

I reckon we will get done. Today took a lot out of us and we only have a 6 day break while the Tiges have a 10 day break. Unless we run over them in the first half I think it will be tough to win.

O'Rourke has never shown anything. Don't want him anywhere near the team. Average player and has been since we recruited him

How bad is Burgers? Dad said its a small strain and will be only 1 or 2 weeks which is weird for a hammy

Out: Burgoyne, Tob (matchup)
In: Chip and wouldn't mind seeing Morrison or Mirra

Give him a decent run before casting judgment mate. Btw how old is your dad? 30?

Duryea never again. Shoenmakers and O'Brien playing together never again…. why do they keep playing those two!!! even stevie wonder can see it can't work.
IN: Glass, Morrison, Frawley (fingers crossed)
OUT: Duryea, Burgoyne and one of Shoenmakers/O'Brien

O’Brien was solid (didn’t see him make any mistakes today and his did some handy things with the ball) and Doc was more than handy today (a fumble or two but also used the ball nicely on several occasions.

He was poor last week but stepped up today. With Richmond’s forward line of short people can’t drop Doc who is a solid small defender.

Schoey was underwhelming and should make way.

Don't think we can play both Frawley (if fit) and Brand given the quickness and versatility of their fwd line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back