Preview Round 3, 2018: Richmond v Hawthorn, 8 April 2018, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll struggle early on, then it’ll all be about how we respond to their response - which will be difficult
We’d better kick straight early then, no point having them on the ropes for a half & only leading by 5 points etc.

I’ll be interested to see Hardwick’s coaching if we are out by 4 goals & dominating due to forward pressure at half time.

Looks as though we’ll play Cyril, Popeye, Langers & Impey - 4 guys with good/amazing pace & who tackle well. Given that we’ll have to fit TO’B, Gunston & Breust into the forwardline as well, I’d like to see us rotate a tackling speedster onto Martin at times, just to quell his influence & burn him the other way - keep him accountable & force him to defend.

How is 9’ers disposal coming out of defence?

Even last year, I didn’t see a lot of them. I wonder how they’ll go rebounding against our Press & zones?
Vlastuin is their best rebounding disposer, he's a massive in. The rest are decent by hand but average kicks. That said the tiges don't rely on precise kicking to win games of footy. They experimented with that style a couple years back and it wasn't their go.
They will look to switch early and if not, chain handballs through our zone with the aid of heavy sheparding (a dying art) and legspeed.
They love deep entries into their 50 and back their smalls to lock it in. It's a bloody shame Sicily is suspended as he feasts on long high kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back