Preview Round 3, 2022: Blues v Hawks, 1:10pm Sunday 3rd April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Day, Changkuoth Jiath, Conor Nash, Ned Reeves are my Inter picks. Howe, med sub.

Day, Jiath, Nash, Reeves as the bench with Maginness as the sub I;d imagine, harsh on Philips not even being named.
Reckon they are rotating the sub to give him a full game in the twos.

Maginness sub for me also. But, I won't be surprised if he isn't.

About 24 hours.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Carlton looking a bit undersized in the back half. Lewis, Gunston and McEvoy could really stretch them if they get reasonable service.

And I wonder if that is why Kosi is being considered to stretch them further again..:cool:

Safe to say that Liam Shiels’ omission last week wasn’t purely due to his impending fatherhood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I wonder if that is why Kosi is being considered to stretch them further again..:cool:
Maybe, but one of the advantages we’ve had the last 2 games has been our mobile forward line. Constantly getting up and down the field. Going tall would negate this.

Having an open forward line also favours smarter forwards. I’m not sure Kosi has the forward craft yet. I could see him getting in the dangerous space.

Weitering to Lewis
Young to big boy
Plowman to Gunston

Only way they can structure up. They have no logical third man up or interceptors.
Is McGovern not playing?

I'm not sure that's the best match up. I think Duke would be better.
You are both right - rotate them on him and force him to play his absolute best for them to win. Now is a good time for the unsociable hawks to surface.
Cripps is 9 cm taller than Newcombe. Would make it easy for him to be a regular marking target between the arcs (which he's very good at). Nash at 197cm is the logical choice, or Howe (191cm) if he comes in. Both can compete with Cripps in the air. That's our main weakness in the midfield. Too many chunky short people

About 24 hours.
You win the internet today

Maybe, but one of the advantages we’ve had the last 2 games has been our mobile forward line. Constantly getting up and down the field. Going tall would negate this.

Having an open forward line also favours smarter forwards. I’m not sure Kosi has the forward craft yet. I could see him getting in the dangerous space.
Would be a very big call indeed to bring another tall forward into a side that has just kicked 120 points!

Also I am not really sure you can carry two 199cm players in a forward line these days.

Seems a better mix is one big key forward (Lewis) then one medium/tall forward (Gunston) with the rest small forwards/high half forward types. If you need another big marking target Big Boy can always rotate from the ruck to the forward pocket.

I suppose the Blues are currently playing with two big units in Curnow and McKay but Curnow is very agile and covers a lot of ground for man his size.

I'd imagine it'll be:
in: Day, Howe (sub)
out: Chad, Philips

What I'd like:
In: Day, Long
out: Chad, Philips
Finn sub

Long has a massive tank and has the ability to rest forward (and play with the frame of a kpp) and could be a big boost to our rotational strength.
Don't like Finn being the sub and would rather him on the ground, but this makes the most sense positionally for me. Finn or JOM or Worps to sub would be what I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back