Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The arrogance of our coaches to have JHF on Laird. How Drew wasn’t manning him at all times is beyond me. We knew he was their one mid we had anything to worry about and low and beyond, he has 11 clearances. Next best for them was Sloane with 4.

I refuse to go to bed without potting DBJ as well. He is a genuine piece of s**t. A disgrace to our jumper. Never wear the bars again, put them to bed. An utter joke.
DBJ giving Duursma a mouthful in the second quarter for make a short lead at the 50 metre mark seemed weird. If you're a leader just be a leader and explain in the break why you think it goes against the game plan or simply gesture no and move on. I really dislike our leadership team.

Its funny, I watched the game tonight on a Discord server being hosted by a Sydney Swans supporter in the UK.
Up until the last half of the last quarter we were all really enjoying the game, as it was so close.

Obviously not happy with the second half of the last quarter, but apart from that I can tell you that neutrals really loved this game.
They were shocked that the game wasn't on FTA anywhere but in Adelaide.

I'm not feeling anything, I'm just quietly waiting for 2024.
Crunch time next week, Sydney in Sydney, 1-3 is not going to look good, particularly with the tall Dogs the week after.

April | May | June | July | August
4-5 months more of this.

That last quarter was the first bit of footy I've seen all year... and it might be the last for a bit.

Diabolical. You couldn't possibly get more un-Port Adelaide if you tried. Poseurs raised the white flag in the last fifteen minutes.

Pathetic. Insipid. Spineless. Gutless. Weak as piss.

What a bunch of soft, front-running campaigners. We have a lot of cute footballers. Flashy. Flaky af. Not enough grit and guts (SPP aside.)

To hit the lead and then let the Crows run wild... wha happen Ports Powaz? Six unanswered goals with no resistance. Some notable moments in those embarrassing 35 minutes:
  • Lachie Jones coughing up the crucial first goal in the goal-square because no skill, composure or footy smarts.
  • Tom Clurey bumbling and stumbling round like an old drunk giving up a goal when Rankine worked him off the ball.
  • Travis Boak disgracing himself in the prison bar guernsey, sore or not, idgaf, I'm 100% with Papa G now - I'd never pick the bastard again.
Thought the late, great Jim Stynes was running around for the Crows in the last term. Turns out it was Riley O'Brien. WTF does Scott Lycett even do out there anymore?

Legit would like to know WTAF has happened to Zak Butters? To quote notorious Sydney crook, Neddy Smith, he had "a bit of dash." Give us back the little punk who took the game on and played with flair.

Ken was totally numb in the press conference. He was either doped up to his eyeballs or has completely checked out. Maybe both.

The gist I got from his post-match presser was that we have a "collective" defence where everyone has to be switched on at all times and any defensive lapse can result in any match-up down back going **** up. Whatever. How about you play a bona fide KPD, you impossible imposter?

The club hounded me in the off-season because I didn't renew my membership. Ended up blocking the campaigners on my mobile phone and emails and shit. Like, f@%koff and take the hint already. Sure as hell wont go back until there's change. Even them, eh, I dunno?

These days I don't like the game, don't like the league and definitely don't like the match-day experience. And I sure as shit don't like what the club has become, either. Old man yelling at clouds? Maybe, maybe not. Just don't think this caper is for me anymore. That's alright, but.

Funny, coz tonight I actually felt some passion for the club for the first time in ages. That magnificent guernsey, complimented by black shorts with two white stripes, like it was 1980 all over again. Hnnnnnnng.

Then my mate sent this photo through. Hell, I've been waiting nine years for someone to do it. Warm fuzzy feels didn't last thing, tho.

Bruce Weber would be wondering what the hell happened to the club he loved...

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 12.03.29 am.png

Last edited:
The knock on Hayes was his around the ground work. O'Brien should have won the medal for me. Just dominant around the ground, especially when intercepting in defence, and then was the driving force behind them putting us away.

Lycett should retire.
Crows fans despise O’Brien and want him dropped. This bloke is a battler of a ruckmen and he has just taken the piss out of Lycett.

The knock on Hayes was his around the ground work. O'Brien should have won the medal for me. Just dominant around the ground, especially when intercepting in defence, and then was the driving force behind them putting us away.

Lycett should retire.
Lycett has taken 1 mark so far this year. That was last week. Why wouldn't we try someone else.

The teams cooked.

The law of diminishing returns wins always.

Crows are raw but decently structured.

Port are carrying three players minimum past their used by date. The Boak incident makes me sad.

The game-breaking small forward they recruited is being played out of position. But still arguably dropped the match.

We ask the world of a 19 year old with less than 30 games in midfield. While the Brownlow winner next to him has been awful.

The substitution of Duursma is something that should be called out by many in the media. Utterly brain dead.

20 cases of Pepsi Max to go.

Last edited:
Just my own superstition. As soon as I see aliir in that ridiculous long sleeve jumper. I know he's going have a stinker and we'll likely lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pitch invaders were kind of fun. One gave up and was still chicken winged.

They mustn’t have seen that recent chap in the States who jumped the fence and attempted to propose to his best girl in centre field and got lit up like a xmas tree.

The security fraternity would’ve been both buoyed, and inspired tonight.

My partner is a life long port fan. So we go to nearly every game. She and the fans around us we re shattered. There is no doubt the club needs new direction.
Would port be any chance of stealing Hardwick from Richmond I think he may want a seachange. Worth asking the question if I was port.
Probably could low ball Adam Simpson, right now, who actually has multiple Grand Final and Premiership experience. Port snubbed Clarkson, and then threw in the towel for 2023, back in August 2022, by allowing Donuts to waste another year; a coach who is just in survival mode, who was never going to make obvious and needed changes. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Last edited:
Not surprised at all by the result, knew it was coming the moment it became a bigger occasion for the club with us wearing the Prison Bars. This coach and the senior players will always fail in big occasions, it's who they are. It's who they've always been. Nothing that happened in the last quarter should've been a surprise to anyone who's followed this side the past decade.

The senior players again fail in big moments. Boak's effort in the last quarter is as appalling as you'll see at any level of footy, let alone a Port Adelaide footballer. Utterly disgraceful.

Jonas is the worst captain the club has had in the past 20 years. Offers nothing as a leader, nothing as a player & nothing in general. He's as bland as his coach who he represents. Same with DBJ. Neither should be in the side.

Lycett is another one he's finished. Past two games have shown him up, and there's more senior players on that list as well.

But the club can't be surprised by this, Koch has backed a man in who is a perennial loser as a player and a coach in Hinkley. Koch is reaping the rewards of the seeds he planted, unfortunately we are all suffering cause of that one decision, and two men's stubbornness.

Time for a change at the top of the club & as coach.

I think Boak is playing on for the wrong reasons now. Too concerned about playing towards 400 games and no longer focused on giving the club best opportunity to blood the youth. He may prove me wrong the rest of the season but the disconnect between the playing group and coaches will not help his cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back