Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

There is absolutely no point in Koch keeping Hinkley on to the end of the season.

Most of you seem to think Carr will be your next coach? If so get him in the senior chair now, give him 20 games to start to tweak things.

Hinkley out.

That last quarter was the first bit of footy I've seen all year... and it might be the last for a bit.

Diabolical. You couldn't possibly get more un-Port Adelaide if you tried. Poseurs raised the white flag in the last fifteen minutes.

Pathetic. Insipid. Spineless. Gutless. Weak as piss.

What a bunch of soft, front-running campaigners. We have a lot of cute footballers. Flashy. Flaky af. Not enough grit and guts (SPP aside.)

To hit the lead and then let the Crows run wild... wha happen Ports Powaz? Six unanswered goals with no resistance. Some notable moments in those embarrassing 35 minutes:
  • Lachie Jones coughing up the crucial first goal in the goal-square because no skill, composure or footy smarts.
  • Tom Clurey bumbling and stumbling round like an old drunk giving up a goal when Rankine worked him off the ball.
  • Travis Boak disgracing himself in the prison bar guernsey, sore or not, idgaf, I'm 100% with Papa G now - I'd never pick the bastard again.
Thought the late, great Jim Stynes was running around for the Crows in the last term. Turns out it was Riley O'Brien. WTF does Scott Lycett even do out there anymore?

Legit would like to know WTAF has happened to Zak Butters? To quote notorious Sydney crook, Neddy Smith, he had "a bit of dash." Give us back the little punk who took the game on and played with flair.

Ken was totally numb in the press conference. He was either doped up to his eyeballs or has completely checked out. Maybe both.

The gist I got from his post-match presser was that we have a "collective" defence where everyone has to be switched on at all times and any defensive lapse can result in any match-up down back going **** up. Whatever. How about you play a bona fide KPD, you impossible imposter?

The club hounded me in the off-season because I didn't renew my membership. Ended up blocking the campaigners on my mobile phone and emails and s**t. Like, f@%koff and take the hint already. Sure as hell wont go back until there's change. Even them, eh, I dunno?

These days I don't like the game, don't like the league and definitely don't like the match-day experience. And I sure as s**t don't like what the club has become, either. Old man yelling at clouds? Maybe, maybe not. Just don't think this caper is for me anymore. That's alright, but.

Funny, coz tonight I actually felt some passion for the club for the first time in ages. That magnificent guernsey, complimented by black shorts with two white stripes, like it was 1980 all over again. Hnnnnnnng.

Then my mate sent this photo through. Hell, I've been waiting nine years for someone to do it. Warm fuzzy feels didn't last thing, tho.

Bruce Weber would be wondering what the hell happened to the club he loved...

View attachment 1647006
Bruce Weber would have sacked Hinkley.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is absolutely no point in Koch keeping Hinkley on to the end of the season.

Most of you seem to think Carr will be your next coach? If so get him in the senior chair now, give him 20 games to start to tweak things.

Hinkley out.
I'm not sure Carr is the next coach but I'd be fine with a 20 week audition, Koch is the big problem however he just doesn't have the balls to make a call.

Hinkley out.

The problem really starts with David Koch. Rather than a solution Koch is part of the problem.

2 tackles for dbj and Jonas LOL

It's just shocking isn't it. We can't defend to save our lives and Hinkley's response is to go full downhill skier bruise free front runner mode.

But hey fast and exciting connected learnings.

They'll manage some how and no one else in the media will challenge them or their beloved Kenny and the heat will die out as it always does.
They will blame the players

Yesterday the PAFC officially fell off a cliff.
It's clear:
Hinkley and his crew have built a disjointed list.
Hinkley and his crew can no longer motivate the team.
Hinkley and his crew sold the farm at the trade table with little to show.
Hinkley and his crew are guilty of constantly selecting under done and out of form players.
Hinkley and his crew have shown disdain for the proud history and the Ethos of the PAFC.
A whole of club clean out is required before it's too late.

" coming back from the debacle of being smashed by a fairly ordinary crow's line up, and it should be obvious to anyone now that Hinkley has completely lost the players.

The longer that silly campaigner kok delays the decision to rissole him now can only result in further damage to the list for whoever is the new coach.
Yep - any claim that we can't afford to sack him should be vehemently countered with "every day we keep him damages the club further."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday the PAFC officially fell off a cliff.
It's clear:
Hinkley and his crew have built a disjointed list.
Hinkley and his crew can no longer motivate the team.
Hinkley and his crew sold the farm at the trade table with little to show.
Hinkley and his crew are guilty of constantly selecting under done and out of form players.
Hinkley and his crew have shown disdain for the proud history and the Ethos of the PAFC.
A whole of club clean out is required before it's too late.

The problem is the people who should implement such a clean out are among the people who should go. That is not going to happen so the best we can hope for is that Koch will see sense and sack Hinkley. The sooner it happens the better.

The situation has become that obvious that we are now getting supporters from other clubs telling us what we have known for some time- Ken Hinkley has to go.

Maybe it is time for some 'Hinkley for Baghdad' type signs?

Last edited:
We where badly beaten in the ruck duel.Crows got first hands on the footy.
Nah, we were only just shaded in hit outs and won clearances convincingly. Lycett was bad, but O’brien was equally crap in ruck contests.

Difference was O’brien knew where to position himself and took a bunch of damaging grabs in defence. Lycett didn’t take a single mark.

Crows were +22 in contested and +25(!!) in marks. They wanted the ball more, won the ground ball and when they got it were able to hit targets and chip their way through our shambles of a zone to get it i50.

I’d love a good tap ruck, but I’d honestly be thrilled with Lycett if he was just had the footy iq to know where to position and take some grabs. But he just doesn’t have that. His massive 2018 season was because he played as a ragged ruck. He followed the oppo around, nullified their impact. But we are asking him to play the spare in defence role, and he has no clue how to be that player.

I think it can't be exaggerated how playing boak in the last 2 games stinks desperation.

I fractured my wrist falling of a set of monkey bars as a kid. doctor put me in a cast from knuckels to past my elbow.

Iasked the doctor for how long, he said it takes about 6 weeks or so for an adult to heal enough for the cast to come off, sometimes kids are faster healers and it can come in 4.

at the 4 week mark i spent 2 more weeks in a cast.

there is 0 % chance boaks ribs a healed to the point of no pain. he broke his ribs 2 weeks before the season started and has missed just one game.
today was what 5 weeks since the break, which we didnt notice until the week of round 1.

Boak may still be past it, but he still bleeds for this club and only a weak incompetent coach like hinkley would let him put his hand up for selection for the last 2 weeks.

Boak should have been on the sidelines for at least another week then had a warm up game in round 3 of the SANFL, instead stickly threw him to the wolves to watch im squib it in the last qtr of a showdown.

hes a clown and a cancer. get out of our ****ing club you parasite.

I think it can't be exaggerated how playing boak in the last 2 games stinks desperation.

I fractured my wrist falling of a set of monkey bars as a kid. doctor put me in a cast from knuckels to past my elbow.

Iasked the doctor for how long, he said it takes about 6 weeks or so for an adult to heal enough for the cast to come off, sometimes kids are faster healers and it can come in 4.

there is 0 % chance boaks ribs a healed to the point of no pain. he broke his ribs 2 weeks before the season started and has missed just one game.
today was what 5 weeks since the break, which we didnt notice until the week of round 1.

Boak may still be past it, but he still bleeds for this club and only a weak incompetent coach like hinkley would let him put his hand up for selection for the last 2 weeks.

Boak should have been on the sidelines for at least another week then had a warm up game in round 3 of the SANFL, instead stickly threw him to the wolves to watch im squib it in the last qtr of a showdown.

hes a clown and a cancer. get out of our ******* club you parasite.

Absolutely spot on. You can say the same for Finlayson.

Ken has form picking players when they aren’t fully healed. It is one of a laundry-list of things he has done for his benefit and the detriment of those in his control.

hes a clown and a cancer. get out of our ******* club you parasite.
Very good point, unfortunately the last quarter completely exposed it

How was the last minute when the crows players were giving it to Lachy Jones after he short stepped. That made me sick as a Port supporter. Port and tough is officially dead.

I hereby resign as the good luck charm.

Was still a great game to watch as a neutral, but, yeah, Hinkley has to go
You got your first glimpse of why we're such a jaded bunch of fans.

Shame there was zero atmosphere all night for you neutrals. That's gotta be the quietest Showdown I've ever attended. Our supporter base is completely disenchanted and disengaged.

The club is in a terrible, terrible position and desperately needs an injection of hope to break this mid table rut.

When we subbed Fantasia on for the last qtr and decided to go with a ridiculously small fwd line i knew we were cooked. Every single one of our forwards was giving up height to their opponent bar Dixon. Its no wonder they managed to chop us off so easily.

Ken allowing them to have a spare number at all times another horrible decision. Nicks knew with the amount of pressure around the ball we would just hack it forward and it played right into their hands. Hinkley was completely out coached again.

Last edited:

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back