Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised at all by the result, knew it was coming the moment it became a bigger occasion for the club with us wearing the Prison Bars. This coach and the senior players will always fail in big occasions, it's who they are. It's who they've always been. Nothing that happened in the last quarter should've been a surprise to anyone who's followed this side the past decade.

The senior players again fail in big moments. Boak's effort in the last quarter is as appalling as you'll see at any level of footy, let alone a Port Adelaide footballer. Utterly disgraceful.

Jonas is the worst captain the club has had in the past 20 years. Offers nothing as a leader, nothing as a player & nothing in general. He's as bland as his coach who he represents. Same with DBJ. Neither should be in the side.

Lycett is another one he's finished. Past two games have shown him up, and there's more senior players on that list as well.

But the club can't be surprised by this, Koch has backed a man in who is a perennial loser as a player and a coach in Hinkley. Koch is reaping the rewards of the seeds he planted, unfortunately we are all suffering cause of that one decision, and two men's stubbornness.

Time for a change at the top of the club & as coach.
I see William Drew was sent out to be interviewed for the loss on social media. Our on field leaders are a joke.

We’re in purgatory. We’re not rebuilding but we’re clearly not good enough for top 8. The crows at least feel like they’re playing with spirit and believe in their future direction.

Feel so flat after that. SPP was the only player who deserved to wear that iconic jumper.

Ken is out of ideas. Someone in the club needs to stand the **** up and make the hard decision.

Who is fit to be our next captain(s)? When i watch the game the players that play with true spirit are SPP, Drew and Dixon. Wines has dropped off a cliff which is not the first time its happened. Did this for a few years before his brownlow year. DBJ offers us and the boys absolutely nothing as a leader. Jonas clearly cooked.

Where to from here for our leadership stocks? Do we hand the reigns to some of our younger players. Do we look to Rozee etc.

I reckon Lycett is the poster boy for port for the last 10 or so years as in he optimises the “honest trier/effort players”

The Sam Grays, the kane mitchells, the jackson trengoves, the willem drews, the dbjs of the world who put in effort but are just absolute trash footballers

Only thing that will get me half interested next week is sinn or pasini

Honest Question…. What did the Power give up in the trade for Horne-Francis.Does North have your 1st Round Pick?
Messy because it also included Rioli, but overall draft value was probably something like:

Pick 8, 2023 R1, 2023 R2 downgrade (Collingwood), 2023 R3 downgrade (Freo),

Not surprised at all by the result, knew it was coming the moment it became a bigger occasion for the club with us wearing the Prison Bars. This coach and the senior players will always fail in big occasions, it's who they are. It's who they've always been. Nothing that happened in the last quarter should've been a surprise to anyone who's followed this side the past decade.

The senior players again fail in big moments. Boak's effort in the last quarter is as appalling as you'll see at any level of footy, let alone a Port Adelaide footballer. Utterly disgraceful.

Jonas is the worst captain the club has had in the past 20 years. Offers nothing as a leader, nothing as a player & nothing in general. He's as bland as his coach who he represents. Same with DBJ. Neither should be in the side.

Lycett is another one he's finished. Past two games have shown him up, and there's more senior players on that list as well.

But the club can't be surprised by this, Koch has backed a man in who is a perennial loser as a player and a coach in Hinkley. Koch is reaping the rewards of the seeds he planted, unfortunately we are all suffering cause of that one decision, and two men's stubbornness.

Time for a change at the top of the club & as coach.
Absolutely bang on, can’t handle expectation never have let us down every time which is down to the piss weak on field leadership we have had for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Lycett is the poster boy for port for the last 10 or so years as in he optimises the “honest trier/effort players”

The Sam Grays, the kane mitchells, the jackson trengoves, the willem drews, the dbjs of the world who put in effort but are just absolute trash footballers

What’s with the drew hate

You've finally joined the sack ken train?
im just fascinated people couldn't see this that day we lost the prelim vs hawthorn years ago

the guy is a non coach, an imposter. he is a loser. a career loser

the last 5 years at the very least has been indefensible

but the sad truth is that Adelaide is mediocrity. ken
is but one aspect of that. Kane and "rooch" another . an insiders gaggle of amateurs who evade scrutiny by virtue of position

resolve to get out. step back, observe, lament, and break out.

and we're just a franchise. an expanded victorian competition . a flyover chairman. an afl-puppet for a coach. The AFLs KPI is mediocrity with occasional flashes of hope.

truth, sadly

im just fascinated people couldn't see this that day we lost the prelim vs hawthorn years ago

the guy is a non coach, an imposter. he is a loser. a career loser

the last 5 years at the very least has been indefensible

but the sad truth is that Adelaide is mediocrity. ken
is but one aspect of that. Kane and "rooch" another . an insiders gaggle of amateurs who evade scrutiny by virtue of position

resolve to get out. step back, observe, lament, and break out.

and we're just a franchise. an expanded victorian competition . a flyover chairman. an afl-puppet for a coach. The AFLs KPI is mediocrity with occasional flashes of hope.

truth, sadly
I took a little longer.
It was 2017 when I realised he had to go.

Highly disagree with the Drew call. Does his job week in week out and is a very clever footballer. Premiership teams need players like him. They're not flashy but they're reliable. A few more disposals per game would be nice but he's a good player.

Wines won his individual award and has now
checked out for his career.
I have no doubt that Ollie (and every other Port player) will blossom under a new coach, which is why it's imperative that Ken walks immediately.

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back