Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Nicks for all the criticisms has instilled some Sydney traits to Adelaide, he has focussed on the one on ones, pressure on the player , tackling ,effortetc. When you dont have the talent you can always bring heat to the contest and be competitive.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but we made 69 interchanges for the game to the crows 37!

And yet they ran all over the top of us, kicking the last 6 majors.... like wtf?!?

View attachment 1649115

I'd say that's probably incorrect.

I'm seeing a lot of posts seriously underrating Willem Drew's game.

Let's not let the fact that there were total passengers who lost it for us take away from the fact that there were genuine star performances from individuals.

Let's not let the fact that there were total passengers who lost it for us take away from the fact that there were genuine star performances from individuals.
After missing that regulation set shot to get us back into the game, I struggle to care very much how good the rest of his game might have been. He bottled it when we needed him.

Most people wanted him out of the side and at this point he is probably our most consistent midfielder. Having a really strong season. Shame a bunch of his more fancied team mates are playing like shit

Give Williams a go, he has been playing as a defender for a long time.
Not tall but would be a better fit than either the Jones, Byrne-Jones, Farrell or Bonner.
Williams......please!

Jones & DBJ are the issue and need a rest. The facts are we dont have quality big blokes. Farrell, Dan & Bonner are the links out of D50, the problem is we dont give them the ball enough and allow, Jonas, Alir, DBJ & Jones to deliver the ball. Watch all the good clubs and see who they give the ball to, their good kickers. We dont!!

Ironically Rankine did more damage when Jonas was not on him.

We should not have Bonner and Farrell in the same team, both lovely kicks who cannot defend.
I am pretty sure X was subbed out so Bonner would not have to play in the back line
I suggest you review the Gold Coast game from 2022. Pretty sure Bonner stood Rankine and did a good job. Match ups Saturday night were horrendous, Rankine was licking his lips when he saw Tom go to him. Duursma had 8 possesions and a goal to 3/4tr time. thats why he was subbed out. IMO Jones was the one that should have been.

Problem with Drew is he has absolutely no hurt factor. It's all good to be consistent in the contest, but, like Schulzenfest said above, when you fluff one of the few chances you have to impact the scoreboard it just consigns you to being an also ran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with Drew is he has absolutely no hurt factor. It's all good to be consistent in the contest, but, like Schulzenfest said above, when you fluff one of the few chances you have to impact the scoreboard it just consigns you to being an also ran.
This is just wrong. On Saturday he had equal most score involvements and equal most goal assists for us. He has plenty of hurt factor. And that isn't even counting his tap ons, tackles and other defensive efforts which are hugely important for the team.

The missed goal was poor but it was an isolated incident amongst a huge amount of good work.

Just another case of people having pre conceived notions without actually looking at the facts and evidence.

Williams......please!

Jones & DBJ are the issue and need a rest. The facts are we dont have quality big blokes. Farrell, Dan & Bonner are the links out of D50, the problem is we dont give them the ball enough and allow, Jonas, Alir, DBJ & Jones to deliver the ball. Watch all the good clubs and see who they give the ball to, their good kickers. We dont!!
Who is this ball delivering Jonas you speak of? :think:

I said he was one of our fastest runners. Which bit deserves the lol? The fact he's listed as number 5 or the fact that you've watched him play for a couple of years and you've completely missed that he's really bloody fast - lol

Port Adelaide top five fastest players in 2021

Aliir Aliir 34.54km/h

Ryan Burton 34.49

Connor Rozee 34.42

Mitch Georgiades 34.06

Lachie Jones 33.95

Jeremy Finlayson* 34.16 (*with GWS)

This is just wrong. On Saturday he had equal most score involvements and equal most goal assists for us. He has plenty of hurt factor. And that isn't even counting his tap ons, tackles and other defensive efforts which are hugely important for the team.

The missed goal was poor but it was an isolated incident amongst a huge amount of good work.

Just another case of people having pre conceived notions without actually looking at the facts and evidence.
Agree, Drew is our only mid who defends, and he is also gets the tagging role. I had him as about our fourth best (last Saturday night).
Like Boak and Ollie he is not the most reliable kick for gaol, but he is has other attributes and is always under the pack getting the ball out

The fire in the belly went out probably 10 minutes into that Prelim when the playing group collectively realised they would never win a premiership. We've been shithouse ever since.

Imagine getting rimmed by a mouthful of ghostpeppers like that, and you walk into preseason 2022 and it’s, “you godda work harda for longa”, for the 10th consecutive season.

It’d be like finally graduating high school, waking up the next morning and you’re right back in Term 1, Day 1 of secondary school.

His message was stale years ago. I don’t care if this player or that player loves him like a dad or loves him like a daddy — there has never been a coach more clearly finished at his current stop than Ken Hinkley is now.

Yet

Rachelle used to not be a flog too, but it didn't take long.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I feel like our slow, undersized, refrigerator temperature-IQ downhill skiers could conspire to make a forward line of Gandhi, Abe Lincoln and Cathy Freeman look like a pack of loathsome whoop-de-whoop merchant bankers.

When Darren Jarman saw Shanahan waiting for him at the start of the final term in the 97 GF he apparently exclaimed to a teammate "Look who I got, Happy Birthday!" I feel Rankine seeing Jonas must've felt similar.

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back