Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

He answered a question, yes next week is a must win game, but I see every game as a must win game. Next week is no more must win than every other must win game. LOL. I think he know he's gone. Probably wants to et it over and done with so he can go back openly supporting Geelong.

I don't care we lost anymore as I expected it, it's the utter despair that it seems impossible to get rid of him and I have absolutely no control over that, nor does anyone else besides 2 or so people, the President and CEO. We couldn't get rid of him in 2017, 18, 19, after the WB prelim distaster, 0-5 last year etc, if that wasn't enough to **** him off, in fact it's gotten him extensions then I'll stress until it actually ****ing happens. Just like last year, before it even started we all knew we had no chance of winning the flag without a change, so make the change but instead no we back in consistency and whaddya know? We get more of the same, then we already know before this year starts we are not going to win the flag so make a change? Nah we'll do a full review but that doesn't include the coach. The worst part is the talk of no call on the future until August, we are throwing away seasons for loyalty to a guy who was out the door in 2017 to Gold Coast, who has delivered nothing. **** him off now and go and do a proper search and get us a coach that sets standards at a minimum ffs.

How long until Rozee gets fed up with this crap. Clearly our best player and he has to rove off a bloke like Lycett.
Wines won a Brownlow roving off Lycett. Chris Judd won a Brownlow roving off Robbie Warnock.

Lycett's tap work is bad. But I'd be ok with it if he contributed around the ground. But he just doesn't, ever.

Ben McEvoy was a horrendous tap ruck, but took multiple grabs every game, up forward and especially down back and was a vital part of the Hawks 3-peat for that reason. ****, O'Brien pansted us today doing exactly that.

Tbh I've actually come around completely on Teakle for this reason. I think his ruck work is horrendous, but he looks like he may have the ability to take grabs around the ground.

2023 will be our Guantanamo Bay season.

Water boarding isnt real torture, but its torture enough.

This season wont be real torture, but it will be torture enough.

Last edited:
I’ve defended him and mainly because we’ve got no one better in the two’s but I think I’m
Done defending Jonas now, he is completely cooked as a footballer now. But seriously we need to wake up and realise Allir is no better, far out he was terrible again tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DBJ was extended last year until the end of 2026.
Omfg. There's utter incompetence on every line at this club.

The most frustrating thing is we all know it's going to take ages before an upswing. What serves the future of our once proud club better..40 games under the belt of mead/Hayes/passini etc or another 40 to Jonas/dbj/Lycett and Boak (I still love the man, sorry Trav).?

Ken has no interest in port being stronger for a go at a flag in 2026. He's a selfish and incompetent coach who has always favoured dead wood over youth, especially if they over 6ft.

We are so much less than the sum of our parts. I can't imagine how bad it would be without SPP and Dixon giving it their all.

Hey guys, is there any chance Kenny will play Zac butters as a midfielder where he is a gun?? I was projecting him to have a breakout year and be a star, and I see him plonked on the HFF. It’s destroying my afl fantasy team.
How about you guys just take kenny back. He's been an absolute cancer at our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We never looked comfortable, never looked in control, always looked a moment away from utter disaster. Midfield was ****ing spanked again. Forwards missed too many chances. And our backline. lol. Our ****ing backline is an absolute shambles.

Thilthorpe hasn't played a decent game in 2 years. Just about BOG whilst Aliir pretends to be a footballer. Pedlar hasn't looked AFL quality at all. 3 goals no worries. Jonas on Rankine in the first quarter? What dickhead thought that would ever work?

Lycett is the most cooked thing i've seen since kitchen nightmares. Actually, I think Boak is worse. Seeing him take short steps so he didn't get hit by a player coming the other way at a crucial time in that last quarter was poor. Real poor. And of course he missed the set shot at the end.

Even though we were shit for most of the game, when you kick 2 goals in succession in the last quarter, to get in front, SPP kicks a ****ing awesome goal, the crowd is going mental...how can you give up the last 6 goals of the game?

I said earlier that Rioli cost us the game. That shouldn't be a moment that sees you give up 6 goals in 15 minutes and fail to get an inside 50 for 12 minutes of a hot game like that. But it was that moment. It literally changed the whole course of the game.

Please Ken, just **** off. ****. Off.

Who’s idea was that

Same genius who had Jonas standing Rankine for a while, I reckon.

Water boarding isnt real totture

No Way Reaction GIF

Unfortunately all those players you mentioned as possible ins were absolutely dreadful this afternoon
Genuine question.... Are ALL our young players in the 2nds shite or have they become that because there's no path for them into the AFL? Instead they're stuck in suburban ground obscurity until they're 24, released and deemed too old to make it?

I saw Hayes when he started at the maggie's and in his 7 games in the AFL There at least WAS something there.

We never looked comfortable, never looked in control, always looked a moment away from utter disaster. Midfield was ******* spanked again. Forwards missed too many chances. And our backline. lol. Our ******* backline is an absolute shambles.

Thilthorpe hasn't played a decent game in 2 years. Just about BOG whilst Aliir pretends to be a footballer. Pedlar hasn't looked AFL quality at all. 3 goals no worries. Jonas on Rankine in the first quarter? What dickhead thought that would ever work?

Lycett is the most cooked thing i've seen since kitchen nightmares. Actually, I think Boak is worse. Seeing him take short steps so he didn't get hit by a player coming the other way at a crucial time in that last quarter was poor. Real poor. And of course he missed the set shot at the end.

Even though we were s*t for most of the game, when you kick 2 goals in succession in the last quarter, to get in front, SPP kicks a ****** awesome goal, the crowd is going mental...how can you give up the last 6 goals of the game?

I said earlier that Rioli cost us the game. That shouldn't be a moment that sees you give up 6 goals in 15 minutes and fail to get an inside 50 for 12 minutes of a hot game like that. But it was that moment. It literally changed the whole course of the game.

Please Ken, just * off. *. Off.
The Rioli dropped mark was a 12 point play that shifted all the momentum. If we were half decent it doesnt get to that point tho. Crows shouldnt have been competitive if we were any good.

We never looked comfortable, never looked in control, always looked a moment away from utter disaster. Midfield was ******* spanked again. Forwards missed too many chances. And our backline. lol. Our ******* backline is an absolute shambles.

Even though we were s*t for most of the game, when you kick 2 goals in succession in the last quarter, to get in front, SPP kicks a ****** awesome goal, the crowd is going mental...how can you give up the last 6 goals of the game?

Please Ken, just * off. *. Off.
You've finally joined the sack ken train?

They were fitter and more organised. Even though they were using chaos ball tactics, they knew it would wear us down. They didn’t even need to be skilful, they just wanted it more.

It was a pretty accurate reflection of the interview with the two captains two days ago. Jonas was morose and didn’t show anything at all, Dawson just said that they were going to win it, and they did, with him winning the medal.

Dawson > Jonas.

Genuine question.... Are ALL our young players in the 2nds shite or have they become that because there's no path for them into the AFL? Instead they're stuck in suburban ground obscurity until they're 24, released and deemed too old to make it?

I saw Hayes when he started at the maggie's and in his 7 games in the AFL There at least WAS something there.
Give them a chance! With Matthew Lobbe Head of Development things with turn🤮

At the moment the SANFL side is so unbalanced with way too many talls, the intensity is non existent and the game style is horrific The depth is definitely overrated.
Sam Hayes has definitely gone backwards from a couple of years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back