Review Round 3, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

For many many many years I used to care that I missed a Port game live.

I once listened to a game whilst taking wedding photos (not mine, I’m not that stupid).

But since last year I’ve not cared. I had other things to do tonight, and I didn’t look for the scores once,
I just KNEW this game would end up like it seems it did.

It’s sad really, as long as there are happy clappers to take my place then who cares right?
I cant help myself. I tell myself I don't care and then spend all night venting on BF :p

Listening to Tredders he's starting to sound like em boys club now. What happened to him about listening to our voices?
Chill. His views have absolutely not changed. Remember he is playing the political game here. We elected him for what he says behind closed doors. He was never going to able to say whatever he wants now hes on the board, that just doesnt happen.

Trust him, you have seen how he wont be bowed. He will be filthy.

Haha - tredrea tune changed as soon as he was appointed.
He can't pot the Club in public given his board role. I'd be pretty sure he's still thumping desks behind the scenes. It's a hope I can cling to anyway as the rest of the Club's management slowly drains all my passion for the game.

Pathetic effort from butters and rozee tonight, they are gun players but it’s about time they started standing up when it mattered. They were weak as piss tonight and they were in the finals too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Listening to Tredders he's starting to sound like em boys club now. What happened to him about listening to our voices?

He's on the inside now. Obviously

Haha - tredrea tune changed as soon as he was appointed.

Here we go, getting stuck into Tredders even though we know he is hamstrung publically to speak out against the club, the umpires and the AFL.

His duty to the members is behind closed doors now. We just have to take it by faith that he serves our interests when it matters most and bed wetting in March is not the time.

So much easier to accept losses like this when you’re dead inside from watching the same s**t year-after-year.

I felt nothing in the moments we were up and about, and felt nothing when we lost.

I had a “ride every kick” mentality following Port Adelaide my whole life, until very recently.

Good times!

I had a 10-second moment of rage when Melbourne went 2 goals up late-on and I realised we’d be treated to another round of “Team X has conjured a miracle and breached Fortress Adelaide! / Look at all the orcs leaving early / Shame on those ferals for spraying the giant vegan!” gaslighting.

But that quickly gave way to the usual “lol yes, this is exactly what we do” normalcy.

Btw, message tredders on fb if you want to. He listens. Might not be able to respond in as much detail as he could before but our rage gets 100% channeled through him.

Can anyone kick a ******* goal under pressure.

They are kicking them from everywhere

Every ******* week the same bullshit, s**t entries, it’s like we have no gameplan..
What Ken fails to understand is that, if you photocopy plan A, that doesn't constitute a plan B. Wines basically admitted as much on 5AA after the game - when things get tough against good sides, we can't adapt our game accordingly. So surely we get someone into the coaches box, who can make the necessary changes as required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a 10-second moment of rage when Melbourne went 2 goals up late-on and I realised we’d be treated to another round of “Team X has conjured a miracle and breached Fortress Adelaide! / Look at all the orcs leaving early / Shame on those ferals for spraying the giant vegan!” gaslighting.

But that quickly gave way to the usual “lol yes, this is exactly what we do” normalcy.
I couldn’t even conjure up the 10-seconds of rage man. Air of inevitability about the whole evening.

I don't have a big problem with our midfield. The Melb mids didn't stand out either, just one of those games. The one thing I would criticize is we didn't seem to put as much work into softening Gawn up and he ends up being best on ground.

Melbourne were dump kicking the ball out of defence the whole last quarter, Alliir And Ratugolea were camped on that wing and took 1 mark between them. We really needed more especially from Alliir. That 10% extra, great intercept work when he earned an AA spot hasn't come back.

I don't have a big problem with our midfield. The Melb mids didn't stand out either, just one of those games. The one thing I would criticize is we didn't seem to put as much work into softening Gawn up and he ends up being best on ground.

Melbourne were dump kicking the ball out of defence the whole last quarter, Alliir And Ratugolea were camped on that wing and took 1 mark between them. We really needed more especially from Alliir. That 10% extra, great intercept work when he earned an AA spot hasn't come back.
Alir re-signing during the week probably gave him an air of complacency.

We are watching a different game. Butters was ridiculously good in tight situations most of the night. Without Zac we lose by a lot more......

Mmm I didn’t rate his performance at all, found he was missing in action in a lot of key moments and didn’t hurt the opposition with his 26 touches. One of his worst games in a long time. Ditto rozee. We need to stop making excuses for their disappearing acts in big games.

Mentally weak. That and a lack of forward structure have been on Ken's to do list for the last 12 years
1000%. Literally had 20 more inside 50s and posts are trying to blame the umps. We shit the bed once we verse a top 4 team and face any sort of adversity when the game is there to be won, plain and simple.

I said at half time this is a rinse and repeat game of the 2020 prelim. The same dogshit entries into 50 with no leads, chasing the ****ing ball like headless chickens and shitting our pants when in disposal. This will not change till the bald man perishes, what don't you all understand.

Btw, message tredders on fb if you want to. He listens. Might not be able to respond in as much detail as he could before but our rage gets 100% channeled through him.
lol as if he needs to hear our rage and as if that would make him do anything differently. If Port aren’t improving he will see it just as clearly as we do , in fact more clearly as he can see what is going on behind the scenes He will have plenty of rage. of his own.

Ffs it’s hard to stay positive with this team, I always start the season off hoping like hell this year will be different and try to think positively as I honestly don’t know how some of you continue the negativity for 12 months of the year. I need a spell from the doom and gloom, but it never seems to last long until the reality hits.
I ****ing hate that I'm negative. I absolutely detest this incredibly depressing feeling. This total lack of emotional attachment I have right now. I don't think I cheered all night. I found that game boring, I never felt like we would win.

But nights like tonight are exactly why we are the way we are. This was a 100% predictable outcome. We are so incredibly consistent in our themes. It's bloody 9 seasons since the rot started in 2015 and besides the individuals on that field, that result and game style has not changed. It was identical, you could describe the stats and the game without players and the year, and it could be confused with many, many games over the years. The same night time loss at AO to a contender, the same kick it to Dixon plan, the same mentally weak execution and lack of killer instinct, the same clanger ridden killer moments.

How can I be positive? How can I sit there knowing full well exactly what is going to happen, and get excited? It's like putting the 2007 GF DVD again and hoping for a different result.

Worse still, EVEN IF we won that. Would it change anything. Is there anyone on this forum that truly believes that we can win 3 finals in a row, on the biggest stage possible. We just can't. We're fundamentally flawed. We're so sterile and boring. No matter what happens this season, come September I can unequivocally put my entire life on the fact we will not be playing a GF.

Honestly, I sat on that bus thinking I need to just stop going, I need to stop wasting time on this club and this forum, I don't enjoy this anymore. This club isn't the club I fell in love with. It's not striving for greatness, it is happy to accept mediocrity and continue churning out this shit as long as we don't bottom out.

Last edited:
Mmm I didn’t rate his performance at all, found he was missing in action in a lot of key moments and didn’t hurt the opposition with his 26 touches. One of his worst games in a long time. Ditto rozee. We need to stop making excuses for their disappearing acts in big games.

Thought his decision making at key moments in the second half was absolute trash. God in good positions, won the ball, then made the wrong choice basically every time he got it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back