Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see them working Hille and Ryder through the ruck, without exposing massive holes down back.

Think Bellchambers may sneak into the 22.
I doubt that Bellchambers will be promoted.

Knights is planning to have an all out pace attack on Carlton's midfield.

Bombers promise speed assault against Carlton's fab four

"Its great for us to be coming up against a crack midfield, and our boys will come ready to play and be ready for the contest," he said.

"Last week we let the reins go and we had a crack at the game and we took risks. With this young playing list, I love to see their creativity, I love to see their leg speed. I love to see them get across and support each other."

"For our young midfield, you look at Heath Hocking, who was a rookie, Andrew Lovett (another rookie). We have an international rookie (in Michael Quinn), to go up against the likes of Bruce Gibbs and Marc Murphy and Chris Judd, who are high picks. It's going to be fabulous for those boys," Knights said.

"It tests their mettle and we see it as a real opportunity for us."
Did Knights really say Bruce Gibbs?

A shame Walker isn't fit so he can smash that weak **** Andrew Lovett.

Knights is planning to have an all out pace attack on Carlton's midfield.

Bombers promise speed assault against Carlton's fab four

Did Knights really say Bruce Gibbs?

A shame Walker isn't fit so he can smash that weak **** Andrew Lovett.
I heard the interview, he said Bryce - it was just a typo.

Everybody beware the pace of Heath Hocking and Jobe Watsonnn pwahhh !!!!

please :rolleyes:

we are missing our #1 Ruckmen in Warnock, our Full Back in Jamison, Andrew Walker and Carrazzo.

please stop using the injury excuse, you have been using it for the past few years. In reality its because your list sucks.

So what part of "Our second encounter for the year looks more likely to reflect the state of our lists. Hopefully both teams will be as close to full strength as possible." are you actually arguing with?

See how it says both teams?
Are you slow?

Thanks for helping me prove my point though, both teams are missing players.

Yeah, but Lloyd and Lucas have spent extended time on the pine in the last fortnight, that means Hille is going to spend a massive amount of time on deck, and a bloke like Ryder will get murdered alternating between ruck and key position.

As a big guy, it just sounds like a tough workload for both.

When they drop back, Cloke can take front 50,
i mean Kruezer can run around like a midfielder, which he can.

I can't see them working Hille and Ryder through the ruck, without exposing massive holes down back.

Think Bellchambers may sneak into the 22.

Massive holes? Against Hawthorn perhaps, brisbane, etc.

You guys really only have the one dangerous tall foward. With Pears, Daniher and Fletcher down back, who would we need Ryder to play on?

You guys certainly have it over us in other areas, but it's not the backline where we'll lose the game.

The only reason we'd bring Bellchambers in, would be to play Ryder as a permanent forward. As it is, Hille will probably ruck about 80% anyway.

You haven't proved shit. Get back to your poxy club, you don't wanna miss the elevator ride to the bottom. :)

I havn't proven that both clubs are missing players, and hopefully later in the year, when both clubs should be getting players back, it'll be a better indication of where our lists are at?

Well, it's not really something that needs to be proven.. It's fact.
I'm aware we lack depth, but i still don't see how you can argue against my point.

Essendon should worry about their own club for a while.

It seems like their own worst enemy is their medical staff - given the amount of injuries they cop within their own training sessions.

Essendon Doctor #1
DrNick01.jpg

Essendon Doctor #2
Dr-Jayant-Patel101.jpg

I havn't proven that both clubs are missing players, and hopefully later in the year, when both clubs should be getting players back, it'll be a better indication of where our lists are at?

Well, it's not really something that needs to be proven.. It's fact.
I'm aware we lack depth, but i still don't see how you can argue against my point.

I'm not arguing anything, I just don't like your smart-arse, know-all tone.

Yeah, but Lloyd and Lucas have spent extended time on the pine in the last fortnight, that means Hille is going to spend a massive amount of time on deck, and a bloke like Ryder will get murdered alternating between ruck and key position.

As a big guy, it just sounds like a tough workload for both.

When they drop back, Cloke can take front 50,
i mean Kruezer can run around like a midfielder, which he can.

Looks like you've got it all worked out except your Ryder analysis.
Ryder is actually Essendon's best tap ruckman. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what part of "Our second encounter for the year looks more likely to reflect the state of our lists. Hopefully both teams will be as close to full strength as possible." are you actually arguing with?

See how it says both teams?
Are you slow?

Thanks for helping me prove my point though, both teams are missing players.

If both teams are currently missing players, then why would we need to wait for the second encounter?

There should be no excuses.

This Saturday night is the perfect opportunity to help us 'reflect on the state of our lists'

Looks like you've got it all worked out except your Ryder analysis.
Ryder is actually Essendon's best tap ruckman. ;)

Ryder can jump, and he can certainly play,
but as a changing ruck, come on, what a waste.

Use Lucas as a decoy on Waite and sit him wide around 30.
Let Ryder free reign in front of the centre.

Is why i would play Bellchambers,
and at least give Hille a chance to go forward without vomitting.

Massive holes? Against Hawthorn perhaps, brisbane, etc.

You guys really only have the one dangerous tall foward. With Pears, Daniher and Fletcher down back, who would we need Ryder to play on?

You guys certainly have it over us in other areas, but it's not the backline where we'll lose the game.
What will happen if Carlton sets up like this in the third quarter or the second half of each quarter when players are feeling the pinch?

B: Joseph Thornton Grigg
F: Davey Lloyd Jetta
HB: Bower Waite Johnson
HF: Lucas Ryder Monfries
~
C: Gibbs Hadley Stevens
R: Jacobs Judd Murphy

HF: Houlihan Cloke Wiggins
HB: Dyson Pears Daniher
F: Betts Fevola Kreuzer
B: Slattery Fletcher Myers

How will Essendon's inexperienced defenders go trying to stop lace out kicks if we get a run on?

Carlton might actually see Fletcher play on the opposition's best forward this week. :rolleyes:

The Bombers might have Betts and Garlett floating around at the feet of Cloke, Fevola and Kreuzer if we switch to runners like Robinson and Houlihan instead of Wiggins.

Essendon's small defenders aren't any better than Richmond's IMO.

If Carlos plays the late change will be Diver's underpants.
Will Cloke need to change his also?:p

Surprised that Scotland got dropped from the Blues side. Would have thought there to be other weak links which would get cut first. Good in with Stevens coming into the side. I've always rated him more then most and was hoping he would be suspended for this game also. Alas he is one more midfielder we have to worry about. With Jetta coming into our team we are looking like we will try and run you off the ground. Lucas and Lloyd need to fire for us to win which I have confidence they will.

Saturday night can't come quick enough as far as i'm concerned. Can't wait to get along to the G after unfortunately missing last weeks match. I'm expecting an absolute shoot out like both games last year. Defensively we need to be good, again, apply pressure like we did against the Tigers and in the first half against the Lions and we will give ourselves a great chance of taking the points.

This could very well be a chess match also with regards to the positioning. You'll definitely see the Bombers try to exploit our lack of talls down back and if Knights has done his homework, he'll pay very close attention to Waite. He is the architect down back, creates plenty of forward thrusts for us and will carve the Bombers up if he isn't monitored.

Should be a very entertaining game to watch and hopefully we can continue to play well and pick up our 3rd win of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back