Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

you need to have another read of websters
as for the rest of the post, i'm not going to bother to explain the same thing to you for the fourth time. you obviously dont understand anything except carlton = unstoppable, and everyone else = has no chance

Now you're starting to catch on! :thumbsu:

6) Your backs minus McPhee and possibly Rider as you know he may be needed to play forward, are going to be able to hold a forward set up that has kicked the highest score for the season so far?

Neither played back last week. McPhee plays his best football by far in the forwardline anyway. Doesn't suprise me you don't know this, you don't seem to know a whole lot about our list.

Despite the youth of our backline, thats not where the problem lies

If your midfield gets on top (which it certainly should, missing 3 of our most influential mids in McVeigh, Welsh and Lonergan), no defense would be able to stem the flow.

It all comes down to the pressure we can place on your midfield. We shouldn't win, but looking back at some of our meetings, anything can happen :p

Neither played back last week. McPhee plays his best football by far in the forwardline anyway. Doesn't suprise me you don't know this, you don't seem to know a whole lot about our list.

Despite the youth of our backline, thats not where the problem lies

If your midfield gets on top (which it certainly should, missing 3 of our most influential mids in McVeigh, Welsh and Lonergan), no defense would be able to stem the flow.

It all comes down to the pressure we can place on your midfield. We shouldn't win, but looking back at some of our meetings, anything can happen :p

Well you are both right and wrong. You and I both know that McPhee is a swingman and has played a lot of his career in the back line, and given the pressure your back line will be under it would not have suprised me to see him line up there against us, but you are correct, I could not give a rats toss bag where you hacks play him, if he were in it would matter little, you will be smashed by our mids and we will hammer you on the scoreboard to the tune of 10 goals.

And if thats all you've got given that I posted 6 points regarding your form and team this year, then, thanks for your contribution, the door is up the hall. Dont steal anything on your way out.

Pretty sure the words in bold would classify you as being 'downright rude and insulting our intelligence' EDITED TO SAVE US FROM YOUR RUBBISH.

It does not really matter much what you or Dick or any other of your pathetic mob said or what I said to them for 1 very big BF reason. You are ON OUR BOARD. He, you and others have come on here to interject your rubbish about your very ordinary list and prospects for the foreseable future and highlighting your insecurities and doubts for all of us to see, ON OUR BOARD. Now when you catch me on your board you feel free to call me anything you like and to ridicule anything I have to say. But on here mate your opinions rank lower than budgie pooh. BYE.

Excuses. You got thumped by Port by 41 points 2 weeks ago. Are you in denial?. Look at the scoreboard. :)

It appears that you are in denial unfortunately as you still continue to edit the quote for your own purposes.

So you claim to want to seriously debate, well here is your chance, without resorting to blind optimism, lets here you defend these points.

I've done the same with everything from your previous post and you haven't responded to any of them. I haven't come on here to pollute your board with 'rubbish' as you would see from my previous posts. If you want a decent debate lets see you reply directly to my posts, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

It does not really matter much what you or Dick or any other of your pathetic mob said or what I said to them for 1 very big BF reason. You are ON OUR BOARD. He, you and others have come on here to interject your rubbish about your very ordinary list and prospects for the foreseable future and highlighting your insecurities and doubts for all of us to see, ON OUR BOARD. Now when you catch me on your board you feel free to call me anything you like and to ridicule anything I have to say. But on here mate your opinions rank lower than budgie pooh. BYE.

So be it that my opinions rank lowly on this board....that doesn't concern me. I've got no insecurities and have in fact laid all my opinions in this thread for all to see and discuss. I know exactly where our list is at and am not making any grand claims of Essendon domination. It appears you have the insecurities because you haven't been able to formulate any decent arguments against my points without contradictitng yourself or wandering off on a tangent. I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you but if you're not interested than that is your choice.

Well you are both right and wrong. You and I both know that McPhee is a swingman and has played a lot of his career in the back line, and given the pressure your back line will be under it would not have suprised me to see him line up there against us, but you are correct, I could not give a rats toss bag where you hacks play him, if he were in it would matter little, you will be smashed by our mids and we will hammer you on the scoreboard to the tune of 10 goals.

And if thats all you've got given that I posted 6 points regarding your form and team this year, then, thanks for your contribution, the door is up the hall. Dont steal anything on your way out.

Didn't answer them all because you were talking to Pazza, not me.
I've never said i expected us to win.

McPhee is a tall. Which of your tall forwards would we need to put him in the backline for? There's Fev, then there isn't much (if anything) else.
If he was playing, he'd be a permanent forward, as he has been this year.

Oh and me steal something? the Blues are the ones in debt.

You better hope the blues do smash us on saturday, they won't get a better chance for a very long time.
Last year must really have hurt you guys.

Who's your backup for Fev again? :p

Hate to break the news, but those 3 are hardly world-beaters. The Dons midfield is terrible. :)

im not saying we will win this saturday, and im not saying we have a better midfield, but last year, on the day those 3 players plus others came out on top of yours, so i dont see how you can call them terrible.

1) you got a 7 goal beat down by a certain bottom 4 side. Many of your supporters have come on here bragging about how well you did against the dockers, another certain bottom 4 side, well you cant have it both ways, if you were "only just" beaten by a bottom 4 side in Port, then you equally "only just" beat another bottom 4 side in Freo. Sounds to me like you are (Port, Freo, Dons) all about equal and all bottom 4 sides.

Port are inconsistent, but, they are not a bottom 4 side and neither are we in reality. Don't always follow what bookies and journalists might think. Just watch the games at both AFL and VFL level.

2) 2 of the 4 players you mention playing well wont be playing on Sat (Hurley, McPhee) yet you maintain you are not the lay down fave for a belting in fact you think it will be a 1 goal game. 2 of your best 22 so far wont be out there and you think the rest of your already weak list is still gonna be enough to get within a kick of us. Come on?

Is that just a little bit of blind optimism? Watson and Hocking are playing well still..and were joined on Sunday by a bloke by the name of Winderlich. There is no doubt that this game will be far closer than everyone on here thinks.

3)Hille/Ryder v Kruze/Sauce you claim experience might tip this your way? Your rucks have lost their respective contests 2:1 and Ryder has 9 taps in 2 games. Kruze has achieved that in a quarter against one of the most experience rucks in Simmonds. We belted Richmonds rucks 2:1 and broke even with Brisbane pair Leuneburger and Charmin. (they had 4 more taps over the game than us 36 to 32) So experience dont count for squat when youre rucks are getting a hiding each week.

I learnt something a long time ago..form is fleeting - whether that's good form or bad form.

4) Our mids are PROBABLY better? Are you serious? and only becuase Mcveigh is not playing. Probably?? Judd, Gibbs, Murphy and Hadley are probably better than the 4 you can field this week or for that matter any week? Come on again??

Fair amount of hype around your mids. No problem with that. Where's the defensive pressure though? Don't see your mids laying a lot of tackles, just getting the footy itself. There has to be a balance of both.

5) By losing Jamo, our backs cant handle a forward line that contains Lloyd and Lucas who between them have mangaged 2 goals in 2 games? Really? I think our Bullants backline could contain your forward line the way they have played so far.

See the point about form being fleeting.

6) Your backs minus McPhee and possibly Rider as you know he may be needed to play forward, are going to be able to hold a forward set up that has kicked the highest score for the season so far?

Our defence this year has conceded an average of 89 points so far this year. I'm not about to complain about that - and that's without McPhee and Ryder playing there on a regular basis so far. I think the comment from Knights himself to the youngsters back there "it's your backline, own it" or words to that affect on Sunday shows the club is more than happy with it.

Fair amount of hype around your mids. No problem with that. Where's the defensive pressure though? Don't see your mids laying a lot of tackles, just getting the footy itself. There has to be a balance of both.

I would imagine Hadley alone would lay more tackles than any of your mids..all the rest of your post is just blah blah ..meaningless dribble, just because you wish something to be true doesn't make it true.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

have you watched our games this year? Our tackling and pressure has been our stand out attribute from the two games. Although we dropped the pressure a lot in the 3rd quarter vs the lions.

Hadley has so far laid 18 tackles this season & Judd 16 tackles. Hadley is #1 in the competition & Judd #4. Essendon's highest ranked midfielders are Hocking (is he really a midfielder?) & Winderlich with 12 tackles each, placing them in equal 11th position in the competition.

Interesting to note that Essendon laid more tackles in their Round 1 loss (62), than in their Round 2 victory (53). Tells us something about the opposition in Round 2. Carlton's figures for Round 1 & 2 were 82 & 59 respectively. Already Carlton have laid 26 more tackles than Essendon & are #1 in tackles laid in the F50.

Port are inconsistent, but, they are not a bottom 4 side and neither are we in reality. Don't always follow what bookies and journalists might think. Just watch the games at both AFL and VFL level.

Is that just a little bit of blind optimism? Watson and Hocking are playing well still..and were joined on Sunday by a bloke by the name of Winderlich. There is no doubt that this game will be far closer than everyone on here thinks.

I learnt something a long time ago..form is fleeting - whether that's good form or bad form.

See the point about form being fleeting.

Our defence this year has conceded an average of 89 points so far this year. I'm not about to complain about that - and that's without McPhee and Ryder playing there on a regular basis so far. I think the comment from Knights himself to the youngsters back there "it's your backline, own it" or words to that affect on Sunday shows the club is more than happy with it.

And heres me thinking that cos you are a mod and claimed you wanted proper debate that you would stick to the facts not resort to blind optimism and half truths.

Form is fine when you have it, you ride it, you extoll it to all who will listen but when it is poor form, it is fleeteing. You claim our mids are not exerting pressure when (the few relative to our possession) the other side has the pill, well you clearly have no idea how it is we are winning. Go onto the Tiger board, and ask them about our pressure, our harrasment our relentless attack on the ball or the player with it and the players likely to recieve it. If we are gonna debate lets debate. But you have to face the reality of the way we are playing if it is gonna be a proper debate.

You have dissappointed me once already, now have a think about it and tell me if you really truly beleive that a side that is just competetive with other bottom 4 sides, beat one got beat by one, is gonna be truly competetive with a side that has beaten 2 sides that both finished above you last season and no doubt the Lions will finish well above you, jury still out on the tigers but only because their list management has been woefull and thier list is currently only marginally better than yours.

And by the way, it dont matter much what the average score against you was, it matters what your percentage tells you, and yours tells you that you have conceded more than you can score. And it is about to head south, deep south.

A dose of realiy coming your way soon. The Tigers got theirs and yours is overdue. Your win against Freo, probably the spooners this year, has blinded you into thinking you are competetive. You are not. Get used to it. Because you are in for a prolonged spell of it. We know, we were there. It takes half a decade or more to recover from the damage left by admins that refuse to accept the reality of the day.

Hate to break the news, but those 3 are hardly world-beaters. The Dons midfield is terrible. :)

The same 'terrible' midfield that beat your midfield twice last year? :confused:

Carlton are definitely favourites but lets hope the team aren't getting ahead of themselves as much as their fans are. :thumbsu:

And by the way, it dont matter much what the average score against you was, it matters what your percentage tells you, and yours tells you that you have conceded more than you can score. And it is about to head south, deep south.

I could have sworn the F/A differential was just 3 points...oh well.

And please convince me of actual facts as to why..really why..we are a bottom 4 side. As I have said, I do not listen to bookmakers or journalists - I actually go see my side play at the highest level (when I can - if I can't be because I work, I get the footage of it and study it) and also see what is coming through at Bendigo (again work permitting).

There is an air of positivity at Windy Hill that I can see...don't believe bullshit rumours made up by blokes like Patrick Smith who still thinks he knows about footy (his credibility went out the door with the "Save Sheedy" stuff that he peddled!) and that's what makes the game on Saturday very interesting - the fact that both clubs are out there to win and will be doing everything they can to make it happen. That is the reality.

Sure, it would be a bit of an upset if we won - I've got no doubt that - I actually you'll win, but, it'll be close. Certainly wouldn't mind getting the tip wrong though ;)

Essendon CEO Peter Jackson believes the bombers will make TOP 4 next year. And finals this year.

Yeah and Elliot thought we would win the flag in 2002. The thud as you hit bottom after such false expectation is all the more painful. But Tiges and Dons dont want to know. They would prefer, like a petulant teenager to experience the highs and lows for themselves. So be it.

I could have sworn the F/A differential was just 3 points...oh well.

And please convince me of actual facts as to why..really why..we are a bottom 4 side. As I have said, I do not listen to bookmakers or journalists - I actually go see my side play at the highest level (when I can - if I can't be because I work, I get the footage of it and study it) and also see what is coming through at Bendigo (again work permitting).

There is an air of positivity at Windy Hill that I can see...don't believe bullshit rumours made up by blokes like Patrick Smith who still thinks he knows about footy (his credibility went out the door with the "Save Sheedy" stuff that he peddled!) and that's what makes the game on Saturday very interesting - the fact that both clubs are out there to win and will be doing everything they can to make it happen. That is the reality.

Sure, it would be a bit of an upset if we won - I've got no doubt that - I actually you'll win, but, it'll be close. Certainly wouldn't mind getting the tip wrong though ;)

Yeah you are right, bookies often get it wrong, I see them walking home from the races penniless most weeks. They set a price based on what do you reckon, whether thier wives like your teams colors?

You go to see you side play in the same way most of us have for the past 7 years, each game refusing to accept we were actually no chance at all of winning and then being bitterly disappointed and confused when we lost again, especially the years we won the NAB and got all excited that it was finally over. Well for you mate, the pain is only just begining. I am trying to share with you how it is, the longer you resist the reality the more painful it will be for you. There was an air of positivity down Royal parade every February for the past 7 years and come April we all knew it was over. Last year we lingered a little longer but we know around round 15 that we were still not quite ready. You have 5 years to go before a round 15 will still hold some hope for you.

Well if it is any consolation, at least you will have been reminded in no uncertain terms this weekend of where your list really is at.

Amazing what a couple of good games after a lackluster 8 years can do to restore confidence. I will admit that the Carlton midfield is talented, but I am yet to be convinced of it consistently doing well.

You have a chance however on Saturday to change my view on this.

I'm sure winning your approval is a top priority of the boys. Cheers matey! :thumbsu:

Yeah you are right, bookies often get it wrong, I see them walking home from the races penniless most weeks. They set a price based on what do you reckon, whether thier wives like your teams colors?

You go to see you side play in the same way most of us have for the past 7 years, each game refusing to accept we were actually no chance at all of winning and then being bitterly disappointed and confused when we lost again, especially the years we won the NAB and got all excited that it was finally over. Well for you mate, the pain is only just begining. I am trying to share with you how it is, the longer you resist the reality the more painful it will be for you. There was an air of positivity down Royal parade every February for the past 7 years and come April we all knew it was over. Last year we lingered a little longer but we know around round 15 that we were still not quite ready. You have 5 years to go before a round 15 will still hold some hope for you.

Well if it is any consolation, at least you will have been reminded in no uncertain terms this weekend of where your list really is at.

Not really, irrespective of your thoughts on our players, we still have a fair few to come back in, as do you guys.

Our second encounter for the year looks more likely to reflect the state of our lists. Hopefully both teams will be as close to full strength as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back