Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton will win easily, but dont get ahead of urselves yet u only bet brisbane and smashed Richmond and Essendon, none were top 8 sides so the real test will be coming up soon.

Seems as if the Dons aren't going to tag the likes of Judd, Murphy
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74750/default.aspx they'd rather go head to head with us. :D:D:D GOOD LUCK!!!!

This could turn out to either be a cracking match or a blowout, I'm tipping the latter.

Winderlich said that we'll most likely tag one player. Obviously the one player would have to be Judd. Not sure about Hocking keeping up with Judd around the ground.

The only other options we have is maybe Winderlich and God for bid Dyson.

How much game time has he spent in the ruck? :rolleyes:

For the record Port and Freo have 3 of the top 5 ruckmen in the AFL. Did you just decide to ignore that fact. :eek:

That one tap will always be to the advantage of our midfielders.
I didn't say he dominated the ruck, nor does he win a stack of hit outs. What I said was that he is our best tap ruckman when he gets his hands on it.

Maybe next time I'll write in Japanese for you, so you'll understand.

So let me see if I understand you completely then. Ryder is your best tap ruckman but your coach does not play him in the ruck. He will probably only ever get one tap a quarter but it is likely to be (no ruckman no matter how good they are can direct every tap to advantage) to advantage. But no matter, you acknowledge he wont ever dominate. You want to argue he can ruck centre square but not around the ground, so he isnt really a ruck then is he. And when he does play ruck in centre square, the average number of centre bounces each quarter are usually about 8 per quarter and Ryder will get 1 of them going on his results so far, that means the opposition ruck is gonna get the other 7?

Just so I am sure to understand completely. Your best ruck is not really a ruck and will concede centre hitouts 7:1 and is not much good at rucking around the ground. I think that pretty much encapsulates what you are saying? What does that say about your second and third best rucks?

Time to get a new ruck??

I will ignore the 3 of the top 5 rucks comment as just plain rubbish. Sandi is top 5 the other 2, falls into the same category as Ryder.

Like I said, you are in a bit of bother aren't you?

So let me see if I understand you completely then. Ryder is your best tap ruckman but your coach does not play him in the ruck. He will probably only ever get one tap a quarter but it is likely to be (no ruckman no matter how good they are can direct every tap to advantage) to advantage. But no matter, you acknowledge he wont ever dominate. You want to argue he can ruck centre square but not around the ground, so he isnt really a ruck then is he. And when he does play ruck in centre square, the average number of centre bounces each quarter are usually about 8 per quarter and Ryder will get 1 of them going on his results so far, that means the opposition ruck is gonna get the other 7?

Just so I am sure to understand completely. Your best ruck is not really a ruck and will concede centre hitouts 7:1 and is not much good at rucking around the ground. I think that pretty much encapsulates what you are saying? What does that say about your second and third best rucks?

Time to get a new ruck??

I will ignore the 3 of the top 5 rucks comment as just plain rubbish. Sandi is top 5 the other 2, falls into the same category as Ryder.

Aren't you the troubled bloke who asked me to name one decent midfield prospect that we drafted in the past 5 years and after a named numerous players you preceded to rubbish them. Tell me how Zaharakis isn't a 'decent midfield prospect'? I missed your considered reasoning.

Aren't you the troubled bloke who asked me to name one decent midfield prospect that we drafted in the past 5 years and after a named numerous players you preceded to rubbish them. Tell me how Zaharakis isn't a 'decent midfield prospect'? I missed your considered reasoning.

No you tell me how after 1 AFL game he is a "decent" mid prospect. He has played 1 game, and has been judged the best rookie of the round, that's all, and just to highlight how rediculous your assertions is, he was playing against Freo, nuff said. And it is a very subjective decision. Similar to the Brownlow, most footy fans pay little attention to it because often the better players get overlooked due to politics. Case in point, Rd1 Robbo is clearly the best rookie but did not get the nod becuase he was not an AIS graduate.

But even if the award meant anything, so far all he has is a nomination, 1 game does not prove a single thing, he has not won anything yet.

So it seems you have no decent mid prospects, oh I forgot you dont need them you have Jobe.....yeah right, and your best tap ruck cant really ruck.

Yep your recruiters have been tip top the last few seasons. Your list should bring you untold riches. Good luck with that! :thumbsdown:

Just had a thought, why are we so worried about Hille in the forward line? If he sticks there it means Ryder is in the ruck - Kreuzer and Jacobs would smash him.

Shouldn't be a problem.

No you tell me how after 1 AFL game he is a "decent" mid prospect. He has played 1 game, and has been judged the best rookie of the round, that's all. And it is a very subjective decision. Similar to the Brownlow, most footy fans pay little attention to it because often the better players get overlooked due to politics. Case in point, Rd1 Robbo is clearly the best rookie but did not get the nod becuase he was not an AIS graduate.

But even if the award meant anything, so far all he has is a nomination, 1 game does not prove a single thing, he has not won anything yet.

So it seems you have no decent mid prospects, oh I forgot you dont need them you have Jobe.....yeah right, and your best tap ruck cant really ruck.

Yep your recruiters have been tip top the last few seasons. Well done. :thumbsdown:
Do you understand what 'prospect' means? Yarran is an exciting prospect. As is Robinson. As is Jack Watts. They are all exciting prospects. Yarran and Watts haven't even played a game but I bet you think he is an exciting prospect.

Other kids I mentioned were Reimers, Houli, Lonergan. Tell me how they aren't decent prospects.

Time to get a new ruck??

Do you often like to complicate things for yourself? :rolleyes:

Are you that stupid? Again Ryder is our best tap ruckman, I never said he was our best ruckman, nor did I say he dominates when he is in the ruck. Big difference.

Will Ryder ever play full time in ruck - probably not. at the moment he plays the pinch hitting role. He is far more advanced to play this role the B'Chambers is at this stage.

Your whole post is based on fictional stats and hypotheticals. Fail.

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you that stupid? Again Ryder is our best tap ruckman, I never said he was our best ruckman, nor did I say he dominates when he is in the ruck. Big difference.

Will Ryder ever play full time in ruck - probably not. at the moment he plays the pinch hitting role. He is far more advanced to play this role the B'Chambers is at this stage.

Your whole post is based on fictional stats and hypotheticals. Fail.

:eek:

Fictional stats? If I mistaken about how many taps "your best tap ruckman" has this year please correct me. AFL stats say he has 9, and Hille 27 (total 37) against total opposition hit outs of 74. Please feel free to correct me if my stats are wrong, but that to me looks like a TOTAL SMASHING!

Yep you guys are travelling real well. Especially those rucks. WOW!

Are you that stupid? Again Ryder is our best tap ruckman,....

OK, let's summarize what the Dons supporters have told us so far...

1. Dons supporters have told us Ryder has had 10 taps for the season and is therefore their best tap ruckman

2. Dons supporters have told us Port will make the top-8 this year

3. Dons supporters have told us Port have 2 top-5 rucks in their side

4. Dons supporters have told us that their 41 points thumping by Port 2 weeks ago was actually a close game.

5. Dons supporters have told us they have a strong defense, despite having the most points kicked against them of any AFL side in 2008.

:)

Do you understand what 'prospect' means? Yarran is an exciting prospect. As is Robinson. As is Jack Watts. They are all exciting prospects. Yarran and Watts haven't even played a game but I bet you think he is an exciting prospect.

Other kids I mentioned were Reimers, Houli, Lonergan. Tell me how they aren't decent prospects.

Overated show pony ...........

Falls into the same bracket as Daisy Thomas

I know exactly what prospect means. Your team is littered with them. Prospects are listed players that may or may not ever get a game.

I said DECENT midfield prospects of which you have exactly NONE! Your all knowing recruiters have chosen to speculate on early KPP for a number of drafts when the rest of us know that flags are won by dominant midfields.

Like I said, good luck with them.

I know exactly what prospect means. Your team is littered with them. Prospects are listed players that may or may not ever get a game.

I said DECENT midfield prospects of which you have exactly NONE! Your all knowing recruiters have chosen to speculate on early KPP for a number of drafts when the rest of us know that flags are won by dominant midfields.

Like I said, good luck with them.
You think we have no decent midfield prospects? You don't know what the word even means. Hawks key forwards won them the flag last year. Enough time wasted with you. You genuinely struggle intellectually. Nothing wrong with that. See you at the game tomorrow champ.

1. Dons supporters have told us Ryder has had 10 taps for the season and is therefore their best tap ruckman

It's not the quantity you have, it's the quality you get. Have a look around. Most midfields are now learning to rove to the taps of the opposition ruckmen collectively. So, tap-outs as a pure stat is not the truest reflection - tap-outs to advantage is. And in Hille and Ryder, they record, despite somewhat lower numbers of total hitouts, have excellent tap-outs to advantage ratios.

2. Dons supporters have told us Port will make the top-8 this year

Yep...they should, if they get their consistency fixed up. Good runners, good defence and good ruck stocks.

3. Dons supporters have told us Port have 2 top-5 rucks in their side

Historically, Lade and Brogan are in the top 5 in the competition for total impact.

4. Dons supporters have told us that their 41 points thumping by Port 2 weeks ago was actually a close game.

It was only in the last 10 minutes that Port got on top of us - if you actually watched the match, it was close until 10 minutes left (the momentum shifted immediately after the Davey non-goal)

5. Dons supporters have told us they have a strong defense, despite having the most points kicked against them of any AFL side in 2008.

Sure, last year wasn't great for the backline. No argument. This year we've only conceded 3 (that's right!) points more than we've scored. When we lost, the opposition kicked 16 goals. When we won, we kicked 16 goals. That's the facts.

Fictional stats? If I mistaken about how many taps "your best tap ruckman" has this year please correct me. AFL stats say he has 9, and Hille 27 (total 37) against total opposition hit outs of 74. Please feel free to correct me if my stats are wrong, but that to me looks like a TOTAL SMASHING!

Yep you guys are travelling real well. Especially those rucks. WOW!

Yet you failed to mention how much match time Ryder has spent in the ruck? :rolleyes:

Why do you keep repeating yourself? I've explained it twice now to you, cause your so thick. I'm not going to do it a third.

Not off to a good start here champ. :eek:

I never said Ryder was our best tap ruckman based on 10 hit outs this year.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Or in your case a bad summary. :eek:

Pazza summed it up well. :thumbsu: Hopefully you can understand it.

Yet you failed to mention how much match time Ryder has spent in the ruck? :rolleyes:

Why do you keep repeating yourself? I've explained it twice now to you, cause your so thick. I'm not going to do it a third.

So you are happy with 37 taps vs 74 then? I didnt call Ryder your best tap ruck, you guys did, and if he isnt your best ruck and Hille is, then again I ask you are you happy with his number of taps, 27 taps in 2 games thats an average of 14, against a combined average of 37. Happy with that are you champ?

After reading just tiny segments of this thread I really hope we don't lose this game.

Boxman if we dont beat them by 10 goals we are still a bit further off it than I thought we were. Believe me this mob is bottom 4. Top 4 teams need to smash bottom 4 teams consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3:- Blues V Bombers pre match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back