Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
zorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorkozorko #zorko:p.
It's burnmanburnmanburnmanburnmanburnmanburnmanburnman.

What trades have you done? you have both michie and tyson in that team.
Ryder > Mumford and D Thomas > Tyson, wasn't letting me reverse for some reason

That's pretty much what I'm trying to weigh up; Wines' potential keeper status and potential output vs. Thomas' potential output + the 150k I'd save

Really comes down to this.

Do you think Wines will be a top 12-15 midfielder..?
He will need to average 105+.

If you can't see him hitting this target, then i wouldn't bring him in.

Just checking... I can trade in Taylor tomorrow, right, once I know whether he's sub or not?

But if I trade him in NOW I can't reverse it tomorrow?
You CAN NOT reverse trades once the first game of the round starts.

But you trade in players that have not played yet eg michie > taylor tomorrow.

Really comes down to this.

Do you think Wines will be a top 12-15 midfielder..?
He will need to average 105+.

If you can't see him hitting this target, then i wouldn't bring him in.

I think he'll average around 100 in which case by round 9 or 10 he'll be close to 500k. Could be an easy upgrade to a fallen premo. Whereas I'm alot more skeptical on Thomas keeping up his form and if his form does drop, he will possibly only rise about 150k. I don't see Wines being a top 15 mid but I certainly don't see M Thomas being anywhere near that. I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he has more upside.

1. Hibberd, also consider Simpson for durability.
2. If JKH is sub again then ambrose, otherwise the ruck one.
When should the sub for Melbourne be decided? Because Brisbane play before Melbourne...

I think he'll average around 100 in which case by round 9 or 10 he'll be close to 500k. Could be an easy upgrade to a fallen premo. Whereas I'm alot more skeptical on Thomas keeping up his form and if his form does drop, he will possibly only rise about 150k. I don't see Wines being a top 15 mid but I certainly don't see M Thomas being anywhere near that. I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he has more upside.

At least me playing Devils advocate looks to have made up your mind ;)

You can it right at the bottom to reverse.Did you need to downgraded dasiy to get cash to upgrade patty?>
Thanks, forgot to confirm the reversal. Nah I don't need it I have 49,900 without making any trades

Best case scenario Wines makes 100-150k, do you really want to burn two trades on using him as a stepping stone?

Clurey -> Langford
Mitchie -> Taylor

Taylor opens up DPP and pocket a bit of cash from Mitchie. Have Rohan but his JS clearly now looks better than Mitchie and feel Taylor will moo nicely.

Yep just did what I think might be a popular trade this week

Rohan to Ambrose
Michie to Tyson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best case scenario Wines makes 100-150k, do you really want to burn two trades on using him as a stepping stone?

Best case scenario, he doubles up on last year and turns into a premo midfielder. He's got skill and he's in a team that looks to get him plenty of work. Going to Thomas is more likely to require a later trade than going to Wines.

Thoughts on the below to generate some cash ?

Swan -> M Thomas
Dixon -> Forward Premium, most likely Zorko ?

I am only playing for league win so I am happy getting rid of Swam and picking up another Premo in 2-4 weeks

Welcome to BF, i hadn't noticed a reply to your query so i thought i would jump in. I would go ahead and trade Goldy to Mumford, if you don't do it this week then you might as well hold Goldy for the year as his price is due to drop $60k after this week alone. I think North realise that he can't hold down the ruck alone so will play Currie more often. Mumford looks great this year and could pump put more of those 150+ scores we know he can. Use the $115k to improve your side elsewhere.

I would also avoid Jeansch, if you can afford him i would look at hibberd, consistent 90+ scorer and perhaps a bit of a POD after an injury in the NAB Cup.
How long is Ryder going to be out for? Just this one week?

I have Currie as cover. Or i could use spare cash and just upgrade Ryder this week to another ruckman ie Mummy.

Gunston to
Ryder should be out just this week, i know as much as anyone who listened to him on the news last night. Not sure if Ryder is a keeper though with Bellchambers back in around 4-5 weeks. Perhaps use this chance to upgrade him.
None of the ruckman really inspire me.

Mummys injury and suspension history is a concern.

Looking at Nic Nat possibly or Mcevoy who is consistent

upload_2014-4-4_14-47-14.png

My first year at it, so has been a interesting few weeks. Initially wanted to get in Zorko & Swallow, but too many sideways trades to fit both and just the one does not feel like enough gained for the loss.

Instead, thinking this (leaving 3k in the bank)
Clurey > McDonald then JKH > Ambrose to cover

Should I be reconsidering to get Zorko before the price rise, or Mitchie for another mid like Templeton due to rise this week?

Feeling a little stressed about Shaw & Grimes thinking they would flourish in their new environments (GWS & Paul Roos), so not sure if I want to hold on them much longer either.

I like your Dixon > Swallow trade a lot. IMO trade Porp > Ambrose for a handy initial profit and good cash generation which will help you to really improve the forward line much quicker than trading to Hunter would.

I like the swallow trade too. Solid.

Cash generation to improve sounds good enough if you have a solid line. But if you're starting f5/6 are rookies with questionable JS/sub risks, you'll be losing too much ground before you have the chance to upgrade. I'd be looking to put in a starter who'll score well and generate cash. Hunter fits that role nicely. He'll pick up where Porps let him down.
Ambrose is not the answer IMO. Don't see a lot of profit after his first price hike. Can see 40s-50s as his max range and sub candidate. Last week was not indicative of things to come.

He's a gun, doesn't need many touches to influence the contest, and I want to have his babies, and he's a good option for F5/6. Won't be subbed as much if at all, capable of doing a Wingard or close to it this year I think.
Locked. Screw you Zorko. Hope you spud it up :thumbsu::rainbow:;)

I like your Dixon > Swallow trade a lot. IMO trade Porp > Ambrose for a handy initial profit and good cash generation which will help you to really improve the forward line much quicker than trading to Hunter would.
Suppose it depends who you think has better JS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back