Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking of:

lambert (rich) > hogan (melb)
swallow (gc) > bont (wb)

lambert out for a while, hogan's gonna keep playing and generate some money hopefully.
while swallow might come alright, he's gonna drop in price, and bont is only gonna go up.

if i do those, and they work out, next week i'm looking at:

goodes (wb) > docherty (carl)
and/or
cripps (carl) > vandenberg (melb)

Was going for the league victory, played conservative and wound up 250 off the lead, thinking of Cripps to vb and possibly ditching Goodes, thoughts?

I've got gaz and beams.... Both dissappointing thus far. I see gaz having a bigger role as the season progresses (and no doubt everyone will jump on him when he scores 150+), so I'm perhaps in the minority who is likely to keep him.

If he recovers fast, he's the best player in the league.... The worrying issue is he's had all offseason to get it right.

Am I making the right decision trading out beams (for someone like JPK, Sloane, shiels) and keeping the little master?

If I trade him out to avoid a price drop, I'm essentially missing out on a NVB or VDBerg, whom I could bring in this week and nullify abletts drop.
I wouldn't be side trading beams that'd be silly. The best trades to make this week is to rid the player who will drop the most money for the player that will make the most money in the next few weeks and only do this for players you don't want back in your team eg mid price mistakes - rookie overlooks to make $$$Or in the case of guns only if you think they are cooked eg gaz and you don't want them back. Never trade a healthy gun with the intent of getting him back cheaper it just doesn't work as soon as his form changes his money rises and it's too late for the trade to be worth it money wise and you missed his 180 form changing score.
P.s btw I'm not saying I think gaz is cooked that was just a hypothetical example.

Crazy to get rid of Cripps after he's played 1 game. There's a reason he is a highly picked player and that's because he blitzed the NAB and should average 70-75 over the season. Plenty of cash to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short term gain contemplating

Gaz ---> Sloane
Cripps ---> Bontempelli

$90k in the bank

Long term view

Gaz to Sloane
If Cripps is selected, Clem Smith to Van Berlo.

$220k in the bank.

Thoughts?

Exactly the trades I am contemplating and I think they are spot on tbh. Get 2 keepers IMO, one mid and one forward keeper. I think Bonts can keep it up. Finished well last year and has 29 tackles so far in his last 3 games (9, 10, 10), which incl 1 Nab match. Anyone that tackles that much should keep scoring well.

I wouldn't be side trading beams that'd be silly. The best trades to make this week is to rid the player who will drop the most money for the player that will make the most money in the next few weeks and only do this for players you don't want back in your team eg mid price mistakes - rookie overlooks to make $$$Or in the case of guns only if you think they are cooked eg gaz and you don't want them back. Never trade a healthy gun with the intent of getting him back cheaper it just doesn't work as soon as his form changes his money rises and it's too late for the trade to be worth it money wise and you missed his 180 form changing score.
P.s btw I'm not saying I think gaz is cooked that was just a hypothetical example.

Thanks for the breakdown mate. I'll likely drop gaz due to his price tag and a houlder..... thinking (in this order) Shiels, Sloane, JPK, Pendles.
That leaves me with almost 400k spare, to upgrade either my backs (Oxley and Goodes are my last defender) or rucks (leunbeeger and Bellchambers) to goldy.
Thoughts are appreciated!

Hoping the $200k I left in the bank pre-Round 1 will be helping me out here.

Plenty of holes to fill after a lacklustre followup to a superb first round, but we can work with it.

Thinking GAJ -> Fyfe; B. Goodes -> B. Smith

That is if Smith plays this week, otherwise I'll probably go for Docherty instead. Can't trust Rance's average

My mids are:
Pendles, Danger, Beams, Parker, Griffin, CEY, Vandenberg, Heeney, Anderson, Miller & Lambert

Thoughts on ditching Beams (BE 180) to Fyfe?
Or even grab Bonts before his price jumps and chuck him forward in a few weeks

What do you think about GAJ to Shiel (was going to pick him before the season but went with wines instead) then either Murphy to Fyfe or Goodes to Docherty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think about GAJ to Shiel (was going to pick him before the season but went with wines instead) then either Murphy to Fyfe or Goodes to Docherty?

GAJ BE is 224
If i had him ... I'll downgrade him to a Watson type
Save 170k and grab GAJ when he's fit and around 580k

Thanks for the breakdown mate. I'll likely drop gaz due to his price tag and a houlder..... thinking (in this order) Shiels, Sloane, JPK, Pendles.
That leaves me with almost 400k spare, to upgrade either my backs (Oxley and Goodes are my last defender) or rucks (leunbeeger and Bellchambers) to goldy.
Thoughts are appreciated!
I like Shiel get him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back