Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be getting WHE this week. I have enough cash in the bank to off load one of my rookies to get him. Most likely will be Pickett at this stage.

Will probably do one other rookie correction trade once I assess the fallout from Round 2.

They're not cheating current WHE owners, they're burning a trade to get in a bloke who has already scored 208 points in two games (probably close to double the score of what the respective rookie in his place has scored), plus he is at an awkward price so most of them will need to be trading up (potentially a $100k spend) to get him in. I'm not sure of too many people who have kept that kind of coin to begin with. Getting him in could take two trades for most people, especially if they're trying to fit Nank in, they could go overboard and sacrifice an underperforming premo. Current WHE owners are at a great advantage right now. If Taranto performs this week, then it'll be very hard to justify getting rid of him as well which looks like the most likely trade for WHE.
Im in a terrible position to get WHE. Have Nank so no worries there. But the most I spent on a rookie is 170k for Bowes, and I dont particularly feel like trading him out. Since I went with a stacked midfield, depending on how Shiel/Steven go if I really want WHE I must offload one of them...

Not looking like an easy decision here

I will be getting WHE this week. I have enough cash in the bank to off load one of my rookies to get him. Most likely will be Pickett at this stage.

Will probably do one other rookie correction trade once I assess the fallout from Round 2.
Nelso you don't have Eddy?

Thuggee_Cult Sydney supporters thoughts on Newmans JS?

Out of all of the 3 rookie inclusions this week, he looks the safest short-mid term prospect as he is more or less a straight swap for Rampe, who is out for 5 weeks so I think they will persevere with him. But either way I'd wait until he is on the bubble before committing to him, tonight is a baptism of fire because he is up against a team which locks the ball in it's forward 50 better than anyone.

The only other competition for Newman's spot would be Chand (Aliir) & Alex Johnson. From what I have read AA's form in the NEAFL hasn't set the world alight and with his limited preseason he may need a week or two to get back in the swing of things, while AJ is still in rehab and will hopefully get on the park later in the year, most likely at NEAFL level.

Just quickly, on the other two rookies:
Fox looks to be taking Robinson's high half forward/mid role, he could make way for Heeney in the next 1-2 weeks but Longmire has shown in the past that he will persist with rookies who play their role.

Hayward looks a player, but is undersized. He will take Towers' defensive forward position but I could see him make way for Papley or Rohan when they return.

Neither for me :(

Wbu?
I have none as well. WHE is a must imo, could be a keeper. Nank not so much imo

I think Nank will end the year average around 90 still, so those who bring him in will be a little disappointed. It's easy to take marks from opposition kicks when you vs 2 of the worst defenses in the competition bombing it out of the 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have none as well. WHE is a must imo, could be a keeper. Nank not so much imo
d7d

i love that it's always stevebbb that starts these threads.

Always brings a smile
Glad you're smiling mate

It's always half way through the first match of the week when I think to myself, "oh ****, I made a big mistake! How can I fix this mess?"

:(

Will look to bring in the best rookie I don't have - pretty chuffed with Nank, WHE & Steele.
Not sold on Toby Greene but will give him time. Backline needs work, backline rookies won't carry much weight this year (Marchbank excluded, but everyone has him anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back