Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have none as well. WHE is a must imo, could be a keeper. Nank not so much imo

I think Nank will end the year average around 90 still, so those who bring him in will be a little disappointed. It's easy to take marks from opposition kicks when you vs 2 of the worst defenses in the competition bombing it out of the 50

Bro, you should of started with Nank.

He will be one of the best forwards of the year and no signs of slowing down when you consider he's played two pretty solid tap ruckmen already.

Bro, you should of started with Nank.

He will be one of the best forwards of the year and no signs of slowing down when you consider he's played two pretty solid tap ruckmen already.
His ruckwork isn't exactly what got him points, it's been his contested ball and marks from opposition kicks (plus a couple goals in round 1)
I have no doubt he's a good pick, those who started with him will be laughing, I just think that playing better sides his output will drop. I also think Richmond won't be making the 8, so how will he score in a loss? The people who are bringing him in might be a little disappointed if he averages around 90 from here on. Still great of course for a bloke worth $370k

I'm happy with my Ryder selection, I am still confident he'll end the year averaging more than Nank

I can feel the bandwagon starting to topple over from all the new Nank and WHE owners jumping on.

:drunk:
Really don't understand this comment, don't you know how SC works? People jump on when players are performing.

His ruckwork isn't exactly what got him points, it's been his contested ball and marks from opposition kicks (plus a couple goals in round 1)
I have no doubt he's a good pick, those who started with him will be laughing, I just think that playing better sides his output will drop. I also think Richmond won't be making the 8, so how will he score in a loss? The people who are bringing him in might be a little disappointed if he averages around 90 from here on. Still great of course for a bloke worth $370k

I'm happy with my Ryder selection, I am still confident he'll end the year averaging more than Nank

I can taste the salt in your tears. Nank the Tank is all over Ryder at this point.

Again, I fail to see how he will go down in points if he isn't producing his scores on the back of huge HTA's? I think he should at least maintain where he is, because apart from the top ruckmen, he will start to get more HTA's as we move forward.

Let's be honest, you are kicking yourself for picking ryder over Nank. :thumbsu:

I can taste the salt in your tears. Nank the Tank is all over Ryder at this point.

Again, I fail to see how he will go down in points if he isn't producing his scores on the back of huge HTA's? I think he should at least maintain where he is, because apart from the top ruckmen, he will start to get more HTA's as we move forward.

Let's be honest, you are kicking yourself for picking ryder over Nank. :thumbsu:
Haha ok then

Sure, a couple of 120s to start the year would have been great, but it's 2/22, gotta back yourself in don't you? I believe Ryder will average than Nank at the end of round 23 :)

"Nank the Tank is all over Ryder at this point."
well derr lol, he just pumped out 120s in round 1 and 2

Nankervis is a funny one, the 48% HTA in round 1 won't be repeated

and the 21 touches in round 2 won't be repeated

but given current output, probably wish i just started with him so I didn't have this problem, especially if it continues

i am :(

I also picked Ryder over Nank.

And I am kicking myself.

Not because of Nank, but because all my rookies... ARE F***ING LITTLE SH*TS WHO CAN'T SCORE OVER 50 F***ING POINTS F*****************************K

I also picked Ryder over Nank.

And I am kicking myself.

Not because of Nank, but because all my rookies... ARE F***ING LITTLE SH*TS WHO CAN'T SCORE OVER 50 F***ING POINTS F*****************************K

Luckily you're not alone. I've had a few myself.

I wouldn't stress, early days and many people will burn all their trades by half way through the season.

There seems to be a few solid rookie offerings popping up this week so help is on its way!

I can feel the bandwagon starting to topple over from all the new Nank and WHE owners jumping on.

:drunk:

Consider me well on board that wagon. Full steam ahead.

Nankervis is a funny one, the 48% HTA in round 1 won't be repeated

and the 21 touches in round 2 won't be repeated

but given current output, probably wish i just started with him so I didn't have this problem, especially if it continues
48% HTA and 21 touches in the same game? Double ton time!

Also went Ryder, definitely annoyed, but won't rule out Ryder catching Nank in the long run.

Ryder vs. Sandilands probably won't make for great scoring either so makes it harder.

Nank will get a lot of hit-outs next week as well, but I think we'll do better to shark the taps.
Goldy scored a couple of goals against us but only got 105, if Nank goes better than Goldy I'll believe he's the real deal (and it'll be too late to trade him in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long way to go and one player missed means jacksh.it in the overall scheme of things.

You trade well and keep at it, you are always a chance.
Even though I have been somewhat impressed with the Nank. I wouldn't call him a missed player just yet, considering he hasn't played a top 8 side yet. As mentioned, we have no idea how he will score in loses so that will be interesting to see.
And no.. not even salty (yet)

In regards to WHE do people think he can keep up his 88 and 120 scores? Puts him at avg. 104, I'm thinking he will normally pump out scores closer to 90 with the odd lower game , im pretty keen to pull the trigger like everyone else but will need to downgrade a fwd premo to get him..

Even though I have been somewhat impressed with the Nank. I wouldn't call him a missed player just yet, considering he hasn't played a top 8 side yet. As mentioned, we have no idea how he will score in loses so that will be interesting to see.
And no.. not even salty (yet)

Salt particles definately present.

Will further investigate :D

But seriously, I'm just pleased that I hit on a few mid pricers that I had in place all preseason. They could just as easily go to sh.it and I'll happily make a joke of myself when/if that happens!

In regards to WHE do people think he can keep up his 88 and 120 scores? Puts him at avg. 104, I'm thinking he will normally pump out scores closer to 90 with the odd lower game , im pretty keen to pull the trigger like everyone else but will need to downgrade a fwd premo to get him..
No

Expecting 70-75 against the Swans

Salt particles definately present.

Will further investigate :D

But seriously, I'm just pleased that I hit on a few mid pricers that I had in place all preseason. They could just as easily go to sh.it and I'll happily make a joke of myself when/if that happens!
Haha..
Agree, feels great getting some nice early scores from a couple of mid pricers. Kudos to yourself.

They're not cheating current WHE owners, they're burning a trade to get in a bloke who has already scored 208 points in two games (probably close to double the score of what the respective rookie in his place has scored), plus he is at an awkward price so most of them will need to be trading up (potentially a $100k spend) to get him in. I'm not sure of too many people who have kept that kind of coin to begin with. Getting him in could take two trades for most people, especially if they're trying to fit Nank in, they could go overboard and sacrifice an underperforming premo. Current WHE owners are at a great advantage right now. If Taranto performs this week, then it'll be very hard to justify getting rid of him as well which looks like the most likely trade for WHE.
None of this is lost on me. Read post #20 again and you see what I meant.

I was weighing up either Nank or WHE for NRoo yesterday. Went Nank and will have the cash for a Marchbank/ smith trade this week and a simpkin/whe, picket/ butler trade next week with cash to spare.
They are rookie corrections and cash generators.

None of this is lost on me. Read post #20 again and you see what I meant.

I was weighing up either Nank or WHE for NRoo yesterday. Went Nank and will have the cash for a Marchbank/ smith trade this week and a simpkin/whe, picket/ butler trade next week with cash to spare.
They are rookie corrections and cash generators.
I also went Roo > Nank. Allowed me to go J Smith > McGrath plus still have 100k in the kitty.

The 100k will be very handy next week I suspect.

if you can get a 90 avg for $210k then do it and just leave him at F6 until you get the rest of your team sorted.
i'll be jumping on and i'd be ecstatic with a 90 avg

not sure about downgrading to get it done though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back