Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of trading either Ryder or Walker to a Rioli or Chapman, but I know as soon as I do they will go BANG and score huge. I might hold off for now, hoping they both come good.

OK need some advice on the only trade I'm looking at making this round. I want to get rid of Houli out of my defence and I do have a little cash in the bank so I really have 3 options as I see it. I can bring in Hanley, Heppell or Dixon. Now Hanley has the ability to get huge scores and he's reasonably consistent but I fully expect him to get multiple 70's and 80's mixed in with 120 and 130's. Heppell can also get up there but he seems more likely to be a 100 week in, week out player. Or I can go with the unknown quantity in Dixon. He's the cheapest of the 3, he's averaging 120 so he's going to be a good cash generator but really unless he can maintain a 90ish average it's not really worth it.

I think I'm leaning towards to Heppell, costs less than Hanley and will probably end up with more consistent performances, seeing as he's in a better team but Dixon definitely intrigues me and it would be nice to have that extra cash in reserve to upgrade a mid rookie to a premium a bit quicker and get a leg up in my cash leagues.

What does everyone think?

Docherty > L.Brown

Karnezis > Crouch (via Neade going from mid bench to forward bench)

Pretty obvious 2 trades for me this week and now leaves me with $180,000 in the bank. :thumbsu:

Team will then look like as follows -

B- Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, L.Brown (Heath, Terlich)

C- Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Cotchin, Dangerfield, O'Meara, Crouch, Wines (Viney, M.Jones)

R - Maric, Goldstein (Blivacs, Daw)

F - Cox, Rockcliff, Bartel, Martin, Kennedy, Dwyer (Macaffer, Neade)

roughead to bartel or jobe or pendle?

bartel leaves me with 230k in the bank.

current mid is

cotchin danger jpk murphy

OK need some advice on the only trade I'm looking at making this round. I want to get rid of Houli out of my defence and I do have a little cash in the bank so I really have 3 options as I see it. I can bring in Hanley, Heppell or Dixon. Now Hanley has the ability to get huge scores and he's reasonably consistent but I fully expect him to get multiple 70's and 80's mixed in with 120 and 130's. Heppell can also get up there but he seems more likely to be a 100 week in, week out player. Or I can go with the unknown quantity in Dixon. He's the cheapest of the 3, he's averaging 120 so he's going to be a good cash generator but really unless he can maintain a 90ish average it's not really worth it.

I think I'm leaning towards to Heppell, costs less than Hanley and will probably end up with more consistent performances, seeing as he's in a better team but Dixon definitely intrigues me and it would be nice to have that extra cash in reserve to upgrade a mid rookie to a premium a bit quicker and get a leg up in my cash leagues.

What does everyone think?
Heppell will be the most consistent IMO. Looks set for plenty of midfield time and capable of big scores like the weekend.

Dixon unknown and a big risk, I think he will drop off.

Hanley is also pretty consistent but I think teams will switch onto him and put a 'defensive' forward on him which will hurt his scores. This is due to them not having any other gun HBF's and realising how much run he provides to the Lions.

Heppell for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PROBLEM. Who do I get to replace Kieran Harper, I have $405k to spend if I want to trade him out. No mid priced forwards take the eye really, do I downgrade to Dwyer? If not who else would you consider, already have Neade and S.Mayes as EMG.

Have no idea who to trade Watts for. I've got $48k in the bank with my non-rookie forwards already being Buddy, Bartel, Rockliff, Kennedy

Three.
I had the dud in defense. Just traded him for Harry O'Brien, who should average at least 90 in midfield

Out: watts, Karnezis

In: Q.Lynch, Dwyer. ( I think Lynch can ave 90 with back-up ruck duties )

Dwyer JS may be iffy but happy to get cash from Karnezis, and then more cash if have to trade Dwyer out.

$300k sitting in bank,

Following week sort out the Longer dilemma, go for the Berger or use cash for higher price ruckmen.
Thinking Hudson will come and do the ruck duties now what was Jolly's injury missed the game as I was watching an cracker of a game between the Roos and the Cats

I only bought 2 mid-pricers and I already don't want them any more...

Thinking of:
Varcoe + Karnezis --> JJ Kennedy + Dwyer + $135k (i think)
With Franklin, Cox, Roughy, Rockliff and Neade and Macaffer on the bench.

I'd prefer to just do Karnezis > JJK but I'm $9,900 short.

I know Varcoe will go up in price slightly next week but I'm not keen on the consistent 60s so far.

^ Yeah, Varcoe is killing me atm....

I can't believe you didn't have Josh Kennedy from the outset, at that price
I just chose Varcoe and Karnezis due to their popularity on here and other SC websites. Didn't even think about JJK until I saw him play round 1 and since he backed it up today I think it's time to grab him :)

[edit]
By the way, I'm just going for league wins so my first 2 round scores didn't matter anyway.

Thinking of trading Bennell to Parker and Terlich to Dixon; Bennell was a POD and a risk that hasnt paid off. Dixon looks to be playing as the main ruck option and looks fantastic.

what do others think??

Ok have two options here, they sort of base around the big query of if Jack Watts gets the axe this week from Melbournes side. Also which out of Dwyer or Heath would be better to go after, I'm think Dwyer should score better, but JS would be well and truly in favor of Heath.

Option 1 - Watts plays

1. Jack Watts - Josh J Kennedy
2. Jimmy Toumpas - Sam Dwyer / Campbell Heath (Goodes to MID)

Option 2 - Watts dropped

1. Jimmy Toumpas - Sam Dwyer / Campbell Heath (Goodes to MID)
2. Jonathon Giles - Josh J Kennedy (Cox to RUC)

Then when quality ruckman or forward drops in price send Cox back forward if necessary & trade Watts!

Opinions and ideas would be appreciated!

Thinking of trading Bennell to Parker and Terlich to Dixon; Bennell was a POD and a risk that hasnt paid off. Dixon looks to be playing as the main ruck option and looks fantastic.

what do others think??

I like Dixon, think he is really left field and looks like he is thriving in his role at the moment. Bonus is Ruckman who can get there hands on the pill can be dynamite and that's the way this kid has looked the first 2 weeks. Is there a way to hold Terlich though, just think the dees will persist with him and might as well try to get some cash out of him! Maybe if you can put someone into the mids and just straight trade Bennell for Dixon it would be a good way to open up MPP and get the player you want!

Byrnes to dwyer in a blatant cash grab this week that will hopefully net me looney in the coming weeks.

I didn't think he would be back so early out, so i pinned my hopes on rowe or blicavs (or byrnes) making enough dosh to trade straight to him. Alas, it was not to be.
I'll be pretty satisfied with my team when those two trades eventuate, then hopefully I can sit on 26 for a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back