Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Except they had to use every bit of energy they had just to match us for one quarter and then died in the ass
there will be team gunning for the saints and we will be picked apart. it will be interesting to see the coaching after a few losses.

Ownens
19 contested from 27
4 intercepts
2 goal 2
7 score involvments
5 marks, 4 were contested, 3 of them were inside 50
310 meteres gained
21 pressure acts
10 ruck contests for 5 hitouts
5 tackles
3 1%ers

Jennifer Lawrence Flirting GIF
Iā€™ve said for a year now I see a Patty Cripps in this kid and dare I say it a more athletic one with better forward craft.
Last night has me thinking it might not be that crazy of a statement when all said and done

Is our current game plan revolutionary? How innovative is it? Has Ross done it again

I was talking to an insider after the game last night, he said the theory is that there are a lot of ā€œsmartā€ game plans around at the moment. Things where the players have to know all this nuance about ā€œif itā€™s situation A then do action X, if itā€™s situation B then do action Y, etc etc etcā€.

Whereas RTBā€™s plan is about making it simple for the players and predictable to their teammates. And they make it super clear to the players as well that theyā€™ll be judged purely on effort and workrate, and thatā€™s really refreshing for a lot of our players.

If this is true then no, itā€™s not revolutionary, itā€™s just making it easy for the players to play the game and then motivating them to want to do that.

Ludicrous how Carlton delisted Stocker, he has become another Mr Reliable down back. Fills me with so much confidence now we know exactly what we are going to get from our back 6-7 and makes it so easy for us to rebound and go.

Bring on Collingwood, it looks to be a tasty match now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I missed the game last night, saw some replay, but curious how Clark and Pou went?
Both well

Pou was playing a lot more on the ball than the last few weeks, heā€™s building really nicely, has Star written all over him
I could see him replicating what Owens is doing this year, next year in his 2nd season, seems that type of player.

Reckon Clark probably had his best game of the year honestly, used the ball well, seemed to be the link often between transitioning from D50 to F50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My absolute favourite moment: Mitchā€™s goal in the third quarter.

But not the goal itself. Itā€™s the moment when the ball has left his boot and is hanging in the air, curling inevitably towards the goal. The crowd on the outer side goes first. They know. Before the commentators, before the players. They know. Thousands of people letting out a collective ā€œā€¦ā€¦..AWWWWWWWā€, building like a wave before the ball even reaches the goal line.

An involuntary reaction to seeing something special unfold right in front of you. And not just the goal. The player. The moment. The team.

One of the traings I went to a couple of months ago I 1st saw Stocker. He looked a bit tubby and unfit. Then in the drills his kicking was crap.

He looked a VFL player at best.

I wouldn't make a very good recruiter.

Gives us all hope!

Maybe my AFL career isn't the impossibility I thought it was if fitness and skill aren't pre-requisites :)

I wasn't hearing voices in my head was I?

Was our cheersquad taunting the pies with "Coollllllllllliiiiinnnnnnggggggwwwooooooooooddddd"

Please tell me that really happened
MaaaasonWooooood

I was talking to an insider after the game last night, he said the theory is that there are a lot of ā€œsmartā€ game plans around at the moment. Things where the players have to know all this nuance about ā€œif itā€™s situation A then do action X, if itā€™s situation B then do action Y, etc etc etcā€.

Whereas RTBā€™s plan is about making it simple for the players and predictable to their teammates. And they make it super clear to the players as well that theyā€™ll be judged purely on effort and workrate, and thatā€™s really refreshing for a lot of our players.

If this is true then no, itā€™s not revolutionary, itā€™s just making it easy for the players to play the game and then motivating them to want to do that.
It shows on the field doesnā€™t it, players appear to have trust in their teammates to not only be where they are expected to be but also to execute what is expected. Teamwork & winning is fun, the players are really enjoying themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back