Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic coaching masterclass by the Maestro, Ken.
Give fim 5 more years Kochie.
He is the man to lead us to glory.

Always gave us a chance, because they don't know how to beat us.
Thibnk the Dogs will beatvus by 30+ points.

Terrific character building win.
Mead, JHF, Aliir, Butters, McEntee, DBJ when he came on, Bergs were all excellent.

Well coached too, it needs to be said - a directive from above perhaps that Hinkley needed to be on the ground..?

Looked the better team all night, but didn't hit the goals early which would have meant a lead early.
Defence was great, having been a shambles for the last two weeks.
And we kicked the goals we needed to at the end.

Putting aside the week that's been, that's a great win.

He's definitely not Port Adelaide

"It's good to see the crows get a win today for the city"

*off idiot

Wines is ****ing cooked.

Playing like dogshit ever since be got the medal hung around his neck.

Telling porkies like "we have a great record in recent years and in finals".

"We pencilled those in as losses".

"Good to get a Crows win for the city" lol.

Half of these posts are just disgusting. Don’t call yourself a supporter if you’re just supporting the other team.

Can not believe how toxic this place has become, and a few people on here need to grow the * up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning games is great but we want to win flags. We've seen plenty of similar wins over the long, long tenure of this coach, and we know where they lead: Nowhere. The prevailing negativity of the supporter base is entirely on the board's failure to act.

You have generational dyed in the wool Port supporters who get disappointed with a win because they know it probably delays the sacking that needs to happen, and they're right. It's hard to celebrate when the club moves further away from it's next premiership with wins like this. It's not the fault of the people who have been living in this nightmare for half a decade that they've grown cynical.

That ball dipping like that can only be an act of god - just when most of us thought that we would still find a way to stuff up and lose - it came down to a wind gust

The wind was all over the place down the Paddington end, he had to keep it low.

But it did look to die at the end.

Charlie Dixon is our best ruckman

Terrific character building win.
Mead, JHF, Aliir, Butters, McEntee, DBJ when he came on, Bergs were all excellent.

Well coached too, it needs to be said - a directive from above perhaps that Hinkley needed to be on the ground..?

Looked the better team all night, but didn't hit the goals early which would have meant a lead early.
Defence was great, having been a shambles for the last two weeks.
And we kicked the goals we needed to at the end.

Putting aside the week that's been, that's a great win.
what game were you watching? we won we get 4 points move on because we played 15 minutes of decent footy and got the run of the green when it most mattered. We were very lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kick count 32-22 but which ones do the commentators highlight? The ones we get of course. Would be nice to get the sort of cheerleading commentary Collingwood and the crows get.

Aliir was magnificent.
Williams very good, played with great self belief. Pleased he had a second chance and took it.
McKenzie plays like a born full back.
Pleased for McEntee, kicked a goal and pressured hard. More from him than the vaunted highly paid small forwards.
Massive game from Finlayson, had pretty much the same stats as Rankine today but won't get the same media.
DBJ an insanely effective 15 minutes or so, really set up the final result.
JHF is a jet, he may not be a big possession winner yet but man do his touches count. Solid gold.
X-Man back to his hard running best.

Some incredibly infuriating parts to that game, some amazing fight shown.

I decided this year I would enjoy the wins that come, just like the Brisbane game. I'm not sure how much I enjoyed this game, but some of it was very good. The ending was confusing like the Sopranos.

Well done Port. Thoroughly enjoyed watching you beat Sydney on their home deck. I especially enjoyed the early celebrations followed by heartbreak. Very gratifying :)

I travelled up twice last year to watch the Pies play Sydney and came home sad both times.. glad you got em.

Based on that performance your coach might even get a lengthy extension.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Free kick count 32-22 but which ones do the commentators highlight? The ones we get of course. Would be nice to get the sort of cheerleading commentary Collingwood and the crows get.

Aliir was magnificent.
Williams very good, played with great self belief. Pleased he had a second chance and took it.
McKenzie plays like a born full back.
Pleased for McEntee, kicked a goal and pressured hard. More from him than the vaunted highly paid small forwards.
Massive game from Finlayson, had pretty much the same stats as Rankine today but won't get the same media.
DBJ an insanely effective 15 minutes or so, really set up the final result.
JHF is a jet, he may not be a big possession winner yet but man do his touches count. Solid gold.
X-Man back to his hard running best.

Some incredibly infuriating parts to that game, some amazing fight shown.

I decided this year I would enjoy the wins that come, just like the Brisbane game. I'm not sure how much I enjoyed this game, but some of it was very good. The ending was confusing like the Sopranos.
Longmire was stronger about the umpiring after the game than Ken will ever be

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done Port. Thoroughly enjoyed watching you beat Sydney on their home deck. I especially enjoyed the early celebrations followed by heartbreak. Very gratifying :)

I travelled up twice last year to watch the real Pies play Sydney and came home sad both times.. glad you got em.

Based on that performance your coach might even get a lengthy extension.

Cheers 🍻
I'm so sorry you had to leave the MCG .

22fe48379805676f0d76bd512e70e2f0.jpg
1680960576367.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back