Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Before I sign off for the night, feel we should wish Paddy McCartin all the best too. There was barely any contact there, so that could be a career ender for him. His renaissance was great too, sad to see. Hope he recovers well.
If he doesn't decide that's enough from here then somebody needs to do him a favour and call his career for him. Like fair enough, it's brave, it's a great comeback, that's great, all that, but sadly he's going to end up with serious brain damage if he goes out on a football field again (if he hasn't already done it). It looked awful

pretty much the worst possible result.

a meaningless win in the context of a season already down the toilet, kern and kock will be strutting about like big dicks, kane and the entire media empire will be taking potshots at tredrea for daring to speak up.

we were very s**t. sydney were also very s**t. one of those classic shithouse games that happened to have a close finish so people think it was good.

terrible outcome for port adelaide and just delays the inevitable.

also 100% convinced now that our players are in some sort of symbiotic parasite/feeder cult relationship with hinkley. disgusting.
It’s the fourth ****ing game.

I don’t know how to react - that whole match was Hinkley in a nutshell. Goal-less first quarter, chaos football with uncompetitive forwards, horrible umpiring. All capped off with an unlikely comeback off the efforts of Darcy Byrne-Jones, Jed McEntee, and Jeremy Finlayson. And still staring down the barrel of losing after the siren just for the opposition to not make the distance. Oh and Ollie Wines saying on National television that the Crows winning was good for the city.

What in the world did I just watch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact we played maybe 20 minutes of good footy all night and still won is an indictment on our gameplan. We still look terrible almost every time we go forward and like we’re just hoping to fluke a goal out of nowhere. Where is the system????

Our draw really opens up from here so I doubt we see the back of Hinkley any time soon. That’s Assuming the players don’t drown in their bath water over this absolute fluke of a win.

The fact we played maybe 20 minutes of good footy all night and still won is an indictment on our gameplan. We still look terrible almost every time we go forward and like we’re just hoping to fluke a goal out of nowhere. Where is the system????

Our draw really opens up from here so I doubt we see the back of Hinkley any time soon. That’s Assuming the players don’t drown in their bath water over this absolute fluke of a win.
Agree. A bit will depend on how long we persevere with leaving Jonas and Lycett in the team and how long it takes for Wines and Boak to find touch and form. We might have better footy in us for some of the season if the latter two come good, Marshall finds his form again, and Lycett and Jonas are both dropped.

I'm still laughing that the dickhead was 'coaching' from the bench. Like it made a difference. and he brought a pepsi with him.
I actually think Hinkley shouldve been coaching on the bench for years

He isnt a great tactician, his strength is his relationship with players and his emotional strength

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 4, 2023 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back