Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest after watching Geelong vs Hawthorn on TV just 6 days ago, I was worried that Hawthorn would have those spells of momentum and we'd struggle to stop them.

But when we were 6 goals up and in complete control it seemed that wouldn't happen. Perhaps the lack of Mitchell and Breust in the forward line was as impacting as anyone would expect...

But then it came. And kept coming. And kept coming.

The 'save the game mode' I can only assume came out early in the last quarter? Bar a few missed chances it didn't seem like we wanted to kick a score, with the actual kill the game "stop" sign after their last goal.

Unfortunately, he was pretty rubbish, really.

He is a bit lucky in that we don’t have a whole lot of tall depth to provide competition to him, but if one of the young talls like Kreugs put together a good performance or two in the ressies then he should be under threat.
We really need Krueger to come good
Shows how desperate we are for KPF

Feels like we had a loss, how disappointed I am with that performance.
They need to train the house down during the bye, no breaks, they don't deserve it.
We need to get fitter....
they just seemed to have no run after half time. I wonder if the hectic start to the season caught up with a few of them. its a long wait to find out.

They need to train the house down during the bye, no breaks, they don't deserve it.
It does, I didn’t enjoy watching the team celebrate that effort. I said to the kids watch Hawthorn bring this back to 10 points and it could go either way from there.

We have the four points but it feels a little dirty, did enough early but the last half was not fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played guys and girls. Tale of two halves but you did enough damage in the first half.

Hopefully we have another cracker of a game in the back half of the year.
Credit to you guys, you were outstanding in the second half.

We’ll take the win of course, but I really did think you were going to pinch it for a moment there.

According to Fly, we’re the “fittest we’ve been in his time at the club”

Which means we’ve become lazy

Gee we’re missing the bookends of McStay and Murphy.

When Murph plays, Moore can zone off, intercept and rebound, safe in the knowledge that Murph is back there to clean up any mess. Without Murph, Moore has to play as a stay-at-home defender, which makes him much less potent.

And Gee Checkers needs some aerial help up forward. Neither Johnson nor McInnes look like being the answer. We need Krueger back in and if he’s no good, I’d try Steene, or Howe.

Lastly, Lipinski needs to be dropped. He has no impact. He was invisible for most of today and just doesn’t put his body on the line. He looks like a model and plays like one too. With Adams traded, we have lost some serious physicality in the middle. Let’s get Sullivan in and see what he has got because Lippa’s bruise-free footy is killing us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
We are really lacking a key position player in the forward line. Just no system going forward.

Cox was terrible in the ruck and around the ground. An actual liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back