Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

More BS about dropping O'Brien to bring back in Patton and keep Lewis.

Personally I don't think we need a forward line that woefully immobile, but I could be wrong.

There's absolutely zero chance of dropping O'Brien on the back of his best game of the season, where he led our team for tackles I50 (4), had the second most tackles total (8) and the equal most contested marks (2) while breaking open every pack he could get to.

This board and their whipping boys, it becomes unbearable.

Personally I don't think we need a forward line that woefully immobile, but I could be wrong.

There's absolutely zero chance of dropping O'Brien on the back of his best game of the season, where he led our team for tackles I50 (4), had the second most tackles total (8) and the equal most contested marks (2) while breaking open every pack he could get to.

In no way am I frustrated not with TOBs effort. It is outstanding. Personally I would just like to see him take the next step for himself and the side.

You are right Patton looks super slow. Unless we have midfield ascendancy he is not of any real value (Patton). TOB can at least impact contests and present around the ground.

Unfortunately some people only look at things like goals scored. In a basketball sense it’s the equivalent of looking at how many points a player scored but not how many points he assisted on or points he stopped being scored. The unrewarded stuff that makes the team tick is so much more important a lot of the time.

A coming out party of sorts 😂

I sincerely hope not! Minchington's body simply cannot be trusted and doesn't seem equipped to deal with the rigours of AFL. The last thing we need is for him to ping his hammy before halftime and be a man short for the second half. Much rather we try Moore or Nash once he regains his fitness. Besides he will be delisted at season's end, why even bother trying him especially in such a crucial game

I sincerely hope not! Minchington's body simply cannot be trusted and doesn't seem equipped to deal with the rigours of AFL. The last thing we need is for him to ping his hammy before halftime and be a man short for the second half. Much rather we try Moore or Nash once he regains his fitness. Besides he will be delisted at season's end, why even bother trying him especially in such a crucial game
The medical team will know if it is a risk or not.

This would be Minchington's chance. Make or break. The club can then 100% decide his future moving forward, and not die wondering.
Moore will get his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The medical team will know if it is a risk or not.

This would be Minchington's chance. Make or break. The club can then 100% decide his future moving forward, and not die wondering.
Moore will get his chance.

Plus Moore is genuinely too small to be as slow as he is. He's a smart player, but he's not a small forward.

hoping for Chad Wingard to rip them up!

Note the new feature added by Chief ? the little running man...

hoping for Chad Wingard to rip them up!

Note the new feature added by Chief ? the little running man...

Which Mod are you?

Agree but if Patton is fit he comes in to play his old side at the expense of Lewis who didn't do enough against North. Going off AFL website it looks like it may be Patton, Puopolo and Jones in for Lewis, Breust and Hanrahan - I can live with that

Can you imagine how Gil and his cronies would react if we knocked off GW$ - They would be fuming! What are they goona do though - give us a tougher draw ?

Gil would resign whitfield to GWS with ambassadors $$$

Might be handy for our NSW Hawks fans

-------------------------the age------------------------------

No, we do need to find a way to determine real Victorians, beyond the obvious: looking for shivering people with slightly superior attitudes, and kind of beady eyes, waffling on about how Federation Square is every bit as good as our Opera House. Seriously, they do say that!
Fortunately, when I posed the question on Twitter, people were most helpful.
"[We'll] be the ones," one Victorian insisted, "walking in the opposite direction of the stadium."
"Victorians are like vegans. Hang around one long enough and they'll tell you. (About 2 minutes)."

Their predilection to be that strangest of all things – coffee snobs – was a frequent theme.
"Just don't sell any lattes at the game. Problem solved."
"Ask everyone going to the game ... 'how would you like your coffee?' If the answer is 'a double shot decaffeinated kale chi soy latte with almond milk' ... 99.97 per cent chance they're from Melbourne."
"Frankly just ask for the nearest Starbucks, if our nose crinkles in disgust we've given ourselves away."

"The NRL needs sniffer dogs that can identify an expertly poured long macchiato made from in house roasted fair trade beans on someone's breath, that'll keep those pesky Victorians out."
Another odour though is perhaps also distinctive.
"We all smell of failure, with a hint of importance and sandalwood."
As to looks, there are a few dead giveaways.
"Cardigans hung casually but meaningfully over the shoulders."

"You will find them milling in laneways, with lumberjack beards, ordering craft beers and rolling their own cigarettes."
How do they sound? One reader swears that if Victorians are asked what c-a-s-t-l-e spells, they say "cassell", as opposed to what normal people say, which is castle, pronounced "car-sell".
"We will ask for a "Be-AH" instead of "BeER."
Also: "Show them a potato scallop and if they call it a 'potato cake', turn them away!"
And I reckon they also sound a bit sniffy, to judge from many tweets.

"[True] Victorians wouldn't go to an NRL game anyway. Some, who are (rightfully) embarrassed about being from another state, might try to pass themselves off as superior statespersons, but 'tis a feeble gesture ..."
"They'll be the ones who don't know what an NRL is."
Oh, too SHAY!
As is this one, sadly.
"You won't spot us. We'll be disguised as cruise ships."

But, nearly enough. I will leave the last words to a gentle member of the Melbourne twitterati.
"You won't see us, it's winter and we all know what that means: fabulous winter coats, to-die-for boots, moleskin jeans and berets. Black of course, sipping lattes and discussing art, see you in spring when you come down for the carnival."
Only if you let us in ...
In the meantime, you Victorians, stay as safe as you can in these tough times, and all strength to you. But seriously, don't worry about coming to the rugby league, you won't be missing that much in any case. I can tell you now who will win anyway. Roosters will get up over the Parramatta Eels in a thriller. The Storm will come fourth and Cameron Smith will go forth into his retirement as the captain of the losing minor-semi team.

That is all you need to know.

Tom Mitchell is a pretty good player

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back