Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that side on paper. Good luck Harry Jones!
You'd think with the inclusion of Jones that Wingard won't be used through the middle as much. Young Harry just needs to get in there and try his hardest to break even with whomever he is matched up with. Poppy just needs to play better than his recent form and also Ollie's has. That's not setting the bar high for him but one thing you know with Poppy is he'll bring the effort pressure wise. Lets just hope he can snag a couple of goals or at least set some up.

Great Selection, Good luck Jones! Poppy knows the system.

I Feel Patto will have to wait n see with BB/Cegs trail, and Timmy form.

Let's get the win and perfect time to play the pies next week!

Love the team, Poppy is ok in this side as I always felt he’d be ok if he played forward only and lay the pressure like Betts but with Breust, Wingard, Silk and Lewis/Gunston you had to move him upfield which is were he fell off. This week it’s simple he takes the spot of Breust and is the pressure man.

Cannot wait to see Jones, everyone talks about Finn coming in but realistically this is the guy, tough hard and can run. sometimes you need a young players energy and he is it for us.

for all the talk about old age I think the last 2 years have been great development with young players outside the 22 ready to pounce on underperforming senior players e.g. Jiath, Nash, Jones, Ollie, Cousins, Finn, Morris, Day, Lewis, Walker, Ross all playing well in the-reserves recently. Well most.

Calling it now, Harry Jones will go past Worpel as midfielder. Love Worpel but Harry has a couple of more tricks - just needs to have a clear run at it without injuries
Big call, hope it happens because we will have one of the most stacked midfields in the comp if it does happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched a couple of the Box Hill games over the last few years when they have been on free to air but its still so hard getting an understanding about some of these younger players. Absolutely stocked for Harry Jones to be getting his debut and nearly would have gotten it last year if it wasn't for that PCL injury late in the season. Would love for the Hawthorn media team to put together a little highlights package of his best work to put up on the hawks website to get us more excited and know what kind of things to expect when he runs out on Sunday

Stoked for Jones!

Bit of an odd situation and question. I got a late minute call up for a work conference up in Sydney (leaving tomorrow) meaning I would be there for the next week and a bit. What's the procedure in obtaining/applying for tickets? Club website and emails are pretty quiet on that front.

Hope Jones is given a few games to show what he can do. The kids a tackling machine.
Can’t wait to see him debut, thoroughly deserved.

Me too. Unless they have a shocker, I do like young players to get a few games in a row.

21. Moncrieff - 224 games
22. Burgoyne - 223 games
---------------------------
26. Collins 212 games
27. Breust 211 games
28. Parkin 211 games
29. Pritchard 211 games
30. Shiels 209 games
31. Smith 204 games

---------------------------
39. Jencke 194 games
40. Puopolo 192 games

Hope Jones is given a few games to show what he can do. The kids a tackling machine.
Can’t wait to see him debut, thoroughly deserved.
Yep. After a physcial, tough game against north is the exact type of nutter we need to provide energy around the contest.

We dont have many friends against the giants, despite dominating them twice last year. Greene was near BOG too.

Giants stadium is a factor for them, but stadiums have never actually kicked goals
The ground bloody well mattered at GHMBA a couple of weeks back. Remember that Geelong just aren’t that good 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back