Preview Round 5: Essendon vs Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Friday 12/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring in Davey for Menzie and give him an extended run without being the sub
Based on his horrible sheep dog looking for easy stats no tackling effort against Sandy ?

Out Menzie In: Hind Menzie hasn't done enough. Hind is far from perfect but will add some pace that we looked to be lacking.
Out: Perkins In: Durhum. Swap within the midfield, one concussion recovery to replace a new hamstring injury.
Cox; well he just needs to get himself activated... a stint in VFL didn't hurt Jones, and the way Cox is playing he is begging for himself to give the VFL a stint. Roberts can come in to replace him. Actually, Cox can go to sub.

Out Menzie In: Hind Menzie hasn't done enough. Hind is far from perfect but will add some pace that we looked to be lacking.
Out: Perkins In: Durhum. Swap within the midfield, one concussion recovery to replace a new hamstring injury.
Cox; well he just needs to get himself activated... a stint in VFL didn't hurt Jones, and the way Cox is playing he is begging for himself to give the VFL a stint. Roberts can come in to replace him. Actually, Cox can go to sub.
When did Jones play in the vfl??

Hind to never play afl for us again is my vote.

So you're a Menzie fan?
Yeah I am but he needs to be dropped. I’d be more interested in Davey coming in and being told to play as a pure pressure forward. Tackles and efforts are as equal to goals. I’d also love for him to get a decent run at it without being subbed in or out, unless it’s late. How far off is Guelfi?

Posted in another thread, but ill
Post my thoughts again.

Here are my crazy 2cents on the team

Durham for Perkins same role.

If sheil trains well, in for Kelly as wing/hb/hf gap filler.

Robert’s for menzie. Not a forward I know but can use the footy and can’t do any worse than how menzie playing at the moment

Hind for Lual as sub. Liked his vfl game can come on for Shiel if underdone during the game or one of the rucks.

I’d also look at tsatas for Hobbs but both probably play majority fwd in the seniors. Also Hayes for goldy if he is moving slowly during the week. Play 1 ruck and shuffle the deck chairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see if Scott has learnt from our past thrashings and actually makes a few changes to the team

So Essendon isn't an opera. To be too far down at the moment is to underestimate how clean and organized Port were after quarter time. Stringer and Langford getting their tails up could be operatic. You never know.

Posted in another thread, but ill
Post my thoughts again.

Here are my crazy 2cents on the team

Durham for Perkins same role.

If sheil trains well, in for Kelly as wing/hb/hf gap filler.

Robert’s for menzie. Not a forward I know but can use the footy and can’t do any worse than how menzie playing at the moment

Hind for Lual as sub. Liked his vfl game can come on for Shiel if underdone during the game or one of the rucks.

I’d also look at tsatas for Hobbs but both probably play majority fwd in the seniors. Also Hayes for goldy if he is moving slowly during the week. Play 1 ruck and shuffle the deck chairs.
No thanks Shiel defends worse than Parish at times. He is not a chance to play the role Kelly does.

No thanks Shiel defends worse than Parish at times. He is not a chance to play the role Kelly does.
Heppell or cox or Durham or duursma can cover back. Kelly isn’t the only player who can do that. Kelly is nowhere good enough to have a special role that excludes him from getting dropped. Shiel can chop the other wing, play half back, go up forward, go through the middle with the right mix. I just see shiel as a way superior player when fit than half the team. Obviously this isn’t a perfect situation but the alternatives aren’t either

Heppell or cox or Durham or duursma can cover back. Kelly isn’t the only player who can do that. Kelly is nowhere good enough to have a special role that excludes him from getting dropped. Shiel can chop the other wing, play half back, go up forward, go through the middle with the right mix. I just see shiel as a way superior player when fit than half the team. Obviously this isn’t a perfect situation but the alternatives aren’t either
I am not cheering Kelly on. Shiel has had a total cluster **** this pre season. Has not played in anything yet and do not say he can play back or even defend at 1/10 of the level Kelly does. If Kelly is out give me some who ****ing defends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back