Preview Round 5: Essendon vs Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Friday 12/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we get Davey in to run on a wing or HBF rather than as a small forward? he has been touted as an up the field player not a forward, thought he was training off the HBF in the pre season, give him some space to use his speed.

His VFL form has been pretty meh, I'd rather bring Roberts in if we're getting someone to run through a wing or HBF.

Out: Perkins
In: duzz

There'll be no other changes. This club is a bunch of cowards that are never willing to make the tough calls.

Can't wait to attend Hep and Kelly's 300th's in the coming decade.

In- Hayes, Roberts, Tsatsas, Durham
Out- Perkins, Hind, Menzie, Laverde

Martin back to half forward/wing. Roberts to half back with Redman.

B- A.McGrath B.McKay L.Hayes
HB- M.Redman N.Cox A.Roberts
C- X.Duursma D.Parish S.Durham
HF- N.Martin H.Jones E.Tsatsas
F- J.Gresham K.Langford J.Stringer
FOLL- S.Draper J.Caldwell Z.Merrett
I/C- T.Goldstein, B.Hobbs, W.Setterfield J.Kelly
Sub- D.Heppell

Out: Essendon's round 4 team

In: Essendon's round 3 team

Surely it wasn't the same team... they must've been kidnapped and the imposters were wearing masks. At least that's what I hoped happened.

Point_Break1.gif

Out: Perkins
In: duzz

There'll be no other changes. This club is a bunch of cowards that are never willing to make the tough calls.

Can't wait to attend Hep and Kelly's 300th's in the coming decade.
I’d say Menzie is almost a moral to be dropped
And I hope they give Roberts a chance, although I have my doubts. If he does play likely the sub

Out: Essendon's round 4 team

In: Essendon's round 3 team

Surely it wasn't the same team...

4e4b0258-af11-4c82-903e-b9d61f7a4338_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to hope, but I don’t know if I have any left. Regardless I’ll watch the game.

Let’s say by some miracle we win, which we seem to do from time to time. Then the lid is off. Then the proceeding week we get flogged again. It’s just a cycle with this club.

So we know we need to make changes to the team.. but there is literally less than 2 guys that you could legit build a case for AFL call up out of VFL. Our VFL team is yet to win a game and yet to look competitive if we are honest. If that doesn't highlight the absolute disgrace that has been our recruiting and fitness departments... Good teams and even 'middle road' teams have best 30s and then some.. we have a best 14...

Sadly my dad is a Dogs supporter.. so I've had to watch/endure them ragdoll us for years. It was a 'fun' rivalry for a while but now.. he actually just feels sorry for us. In fact a lot of teams supporters now just feel sorry for us. Insipid, boring and all over by half time. We used to attend the game/s live every year but now we stay home so we can switch off (or leave in background) and play board games instead. Far better use of my time than watching Bont cruise around for touch 4209 unopposed and flicking handball to Libba for clearance 543 etc etc.

So we know we need to make changes to the team.. but there is literally less than 2 guys that you could legit build a case for AFL call up out of VFL. Our VFL team is yet to win a game and yet to look competitive if we are honest. If that doesn't highlight the absolute disgrace that has been our recruiting and fitness departments... Good teams and even 'middle road' teams have best 30s and then some.. we have a best 14...

Sadly my dad is a Dogs supporter.. so I've had to watch/endure them ragdoll us for years. It was a 'fun' rivalry for a while but now.. he actually just feels sorry for us. In fact a lot of teams supporters now just feel sorry for us. Insipid, boring and all over by half time. We used to attend the game/s live every year but now we stay home so we can switch off (or leave in background) and play board games instead. Far better use of my time than watching Bont cruise around for touch 4209 unopposed and flicking handball to Libba for clearance 543 etc etc.

Lots of injures to players will thin your ranks, that's true. Ridley, Wright, Durham and Reid would all likely be in the best-22. Guelfi, Shiel, Baldwin close to it. Hunter and Tex both would be expected to be decent contributors at VFL level at the very least and pushing for an AFL slot, plus now Perkins injured.

That's 10 names right there who should be providing AFL depth to some degree.

We've also done a very poor job of recruiting VFL players which is probably more the reason for the VFL side being crap than anything else.

Don't see much VFL, but if we're that bad, maybe get some of the likely prospects out of that environment for a block of games at AFL level. Is there really anything to lose?

Lots of injures to players will thin your ranks, that's true. Ridley, Wright, Durham and Reid would all likely be in the best-22. Guelfi, Shiel, Baldwin close to it. Hunter and Tex both would be expected to be decent contributors at VFL level at the very least and pushing for an AFL slot, plus now Perkins injured.

That's 10 names right there who should be providing AFL depth to some degree.

We've also done a very poor job of recruiting VFL players which is probably more the reason for the VFL side being crap than anything else.
All of our existing VFL players tipped out at the end of last year!
We had 15... let that sink in... 15 debutants in Round 1 of the VFL season.
Clearly the Essendon VFL is not the place to be... not great for development of our new assets, is it?

Given we're coming off a 13 day break the only acceptable outcome here is a win.

Would like to Hayes given a run to play on Darcy, most likely at the expense of Laverde.

I felt indifferent about that loss against port for some reason. I sat and watched the entire game on Friday and even continued to watch in the port rooms with BT.
Or that all could just easily be a form of self punishment for being an Essendon supporter.

In my defence I really had no choice being born into a family where quite a few barrack for Essendon. My pop gave me a pair of rich socks (you know the type with the cool 80’s vintage emblem in the vfl days) and I wore them once. I was about 5. Dad wasn’t happy. I never saw those socks again. But considering ess has 16 flags I don’t have regrets. As a grapho I love the colour palette for efc.

I’d hope Ess have a decent response on Friday. Don’t make any statements like edge etc - just do. 🐶 to win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back