Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, not trying to be a pessimist, but be very careful bringing in JVR with the news Gawn is only 1-2 away.

You'll find every Melbourne supporter never wants to see JVR play a VFL game again, but Goodwin has an unconscionable amount of faith in the dinosaurs (Brown and McDonald), so if JVR understandably has a quiet one in the driving rain on Saturday, there's every chance he could find himself on the outer.

Of course, I very much hope that's not the case as Brown and McDonald suck
Thinking about Samson instead of JvR. Got talked out of him last week, still pretty cheap and his JS is now rock solid. Ruck cover a bonus

Last edited:
Heard last night that the scoring differential between wins & losses for Redman is significant ....maybe checkout & confirm ... how will ESS go from here ?

Averaged 127 in wins last year (6) and 78 (16) in losses. Essendon a better team than last year touch wood.

He averaged 107 between Rds 6-20, and had a concussion subbed 49 in 43% TOG last year in that run.

I am also heavily considering. The 49 he scored earlier this year he had 2 50 metres paid against, which had him at -16 very early in the game. No coming back from that.

Why does it matter that Laird is losing cash when you already have him?

The week you sideways Laird to Oliver, Laird will go 150 and you’ll be kicking yourself

Hold your premos. They’ll come good.
Hodor the perfect example. It can turn quickly.

Thinking about Samson instead of JvR. Got talked out of him last week, still pretty cheap and his JS is now rick solid. Ruck cover a bonus
Yeah, if I was looking at a forward rookie (doesn't work structurally for me this week), I'd definitely consider Ryan with the role, JS and DPP.

Averaged 127 in wins last year (6) and 78 (16) in losses. Essendon a better team than last year touch wood.

He averaged 107 between Rds 6-20, and had a concussion subbed 49 in 43% TOG last year in that run.

I am also heavily considering. The 49 he scored earlier this year he had 2 50 metres paid against, which had him at -16 very early in the game. No coming back from that.

One of those 50s was BS .

The lady ump didn't like red dog that night

Is it so crazy to sideways Laird to Oliver?

Find it a little concerning that the Crows' improvement doesn't coincide with Laird scoring well. Their new quicker style doesn't seem to suit him.

He's still 650k so still in the Oliver range somewhat. Could lose some heavy cash by holding him....

Only if you think Laird won't be a top 10 midfielder

This weeks trades v2.0

Screenshot_20230412_132804_Chrome.jpg

Doch > Gull is a like for like in my opinion. Nothing to see here.

Chandler > Pickett is a nice early season upgrade.

Mackenzie > Ryan is the unfortunate victim of this weeks upgrade. Ryan provides ruck cover and Mackenzie was always ending up on my bench this week, like Chandler has been.

Rather get the points on the field.

This weeks trades v2.0

View attachment 1657615

Mackenzie > Ryan is the unfortunate victim of this weeks upgrade. Ryan provides ruck cover and Mackenzie was always ending up on my bench this week, like Chandler has been.

Mackenzie and Chandler have cash to make .

But good ins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown looking likely to. Bye bye JVR.

Ben Brown looking likely to. Bye bye JVR.
JVR will play this week no matter what, as Petty will swing back to cover Hibberd/Lever. It's next week/week after when Gawn's back where he'll be in danger

Last edited:
This weeks trades v2.0

View attachment 1657615

Don't love this, sorry mate.

Doc -> Lloyd is fine. I would only look at culling Mackenzie early if you were going up to a rolled gold premo though. Instead, with this, you're culling a good cash cow (Mackenzie) and a great cash cow with a negative BE (Chandler) for a guy who almost certainly won't be a keeper. That, and you'd be using yet another boost, without notably improving your team.

Doc -> Lloyd is fine. I would only look at culling Mackenzie early if you were going up to a rolled gold premo though. Instead, with this, you're culling a good cash cow (Mackenzie) and a great cash cow with a negative BE (Chandler) for a guy who almost certainly won't be a keeper. That, and you'd be using yet another boost, without notably improving your team.
You don’t see too much mid minutes for Pickett?

You don't think Chandler off the bench to a starting Pickett is a good enough upgrade?

Pickett averages 90 and he can sit at F6 for all I care. My main goal is to get these shitetruck rookies off the field.

Agree regarding everything else you have said though.

You don’t see too much mid minutes for Pickett?
As much as I'd love him to play bulk midfield minutes, realistically, he's 5th/6th in the current rotation (Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Sparrow, Rivers and Harmes/Jordon are all going to spend as much/more time through there).

Look at the West Coast game for example. If there was ever going to be a game to give him big midfield minutes, that would've been it. Instead, he still only attended 6/30 CBAs.

He's definitely playing a bit higher up the ground, but he's not going to feature at many stoppages around the ground, especially once the ball hits the back 50. His bread and butter is still being a link man around half-forward.

You'll see him attend the first CBA every quarter, but there won't be many besides those.

Here's his heat map from last week for example:

Screenshot_20230412_135258_AFL.jpg

Do I think he's a bad pick? No. I think with Melbourne's upcoming draw, he could go bang and be a decent stepping stone to a proper premo at the byes, but I wouldn't be picking him expecting a keeper.

You don't think Chandler off the bench to a starting Pickett is a good enough upgrade?

Pickett averages 90 and he can sit at F6 for all I care. My main goal is to get these shitetruck rookies off the field.

Agree regarding everything else you have said though.
I think Pickett over Chandler is definitely an upgrade, but IMO, not one that's worth using a boost and culling two good rookies early.

Last edited:
This weeks trades v2.0

View attachment 1657615

You are burning trades for no results imo. Chandler and McKenzie could make another $200k between them.

Trades like these will make it hard to complete your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back