Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

But who does missing the cash gen prevent you from getting down the track? Macca got another 100k to make at least I reckon. Clarry will have a bad game or two.
I'm sitting in about 1,000,000th place - I need to trade hard to get my dignity back!

I've been saying it all week, to get Pick this week, without cash ITB, a premo rookie needs to be culled early.

Problem if I go with Mackenzie is that with all the changes this week, he actually ended up on my bench. If I keep Chandler, I have one too many fwd rookies and Ashcroft gets benched instead.

Here is my team after Doch > Gull.

View attachment 1658221

With the Chandler trade, Cogs goes to mids for Baker and Pick comes on the field. Next week Sheezel, McKenna, Ginbey, Ashcroft and Mackenzie are my only rookies left on the field.
I think your team looks fine leaving it at Docherty to Lloyd.
Long story short, people wrote off Ziebell, and look at him now. Potential D6 keeper. Same hope I have for Pick as a potential F6 keeper.
It's only round 4 though. Loading your team with speculative keepers early on is a good way to give yourself a headache later on - speaking from plenty of experience.

Tend to agree, but in my case turning MacKenzie into MVR enables me to get Clarry for Doch
But why not just do Docherty to Stewart? He's more attainable so you don't have to rob yourself of cash gen, and he won't get much cheaper. Clarry will eventually get a bit cheaper, even if it's say $650k, and by then you'll have far better assets to bring him in.

Thanks Wayne. Who would you prioritise trading first out of Jones, Amartey and Callaghan to fund getting Dawson?
Depends on where your team strengths sit, from a rookie perspective .....however I'd say in order; Amartey >> Jones >>Callaghan

I think your team looks fine leaving it at Docherty to Lloyd.

It's only round 4 though. Loading your team with speculative keepers early on is a good way to give yourself a headache later on - speaking from plenty of experience.
Another long story short.

Baker and Chandler are both on my bench.

It is only Round 4, and if Pick is a hit, then it is a super early season upgrade. Speculative, yes I know, but I have seen enough to make up my mind and take the risk.

Two bench players for one starting player is the main thing staring me straight in the face.

Yes, I agree that if I were to wait a couple weeks, I could turn Mackenzie into a fallen SP mid with this same trade, and save a boost in the process (sounds better the more I type it out).

But I am impatient with fielding rookie scores, and the Pickett FOMO is too real. The Ziebell one was too and I got that call right so far.

Depends on where your team strengths sit, from a rookie perspective .....however I'd say in order; Amartey >> Jones >>Callaghan
I'm cautiously optimistic that Amartey can spike a score against Richmond's rookie talls this week. Who am I kidding, he will probably get dropped by Horse 🤣

I've been saying it all week, to get Pick this week, without cash ITB, a premo rookie needs to be culled early.

Problem if I go with Mackenzie is that with all the changes this week, he actually ended up on my bench. If I keep Chandler, I have one too many fwd rookies and Ashcroft gets benched instead.

Here is my team after Doch > Gull.

View attachment 1658221

With the Chandler trade, Cogs goes to mids for Baker and Pick comes on the field. Next week Sheezel, McKenna, Ginbey, Ashcroft and Mackenzie are my only rookies left on the field.
Gull is a trap IMO. Him, Rampe, Florent and Blakey all averaging over 90. Can‘t maintain that. If you think they can, Florent is a better option IMO. You could even just go Doc to Rivers, Baker to Pickett and save a boost.

It looks like Michallaney is benefiting from Dawson's move into the midfield .....10 intercept marks last week

I can see him averaging 75 for the season .....rough calculation $375K, maybe making $130K
It’s Michallaney (on field) or JVR (on bench) for me. That’s the decision I’m struggling to make. Points and cash gen wise.

It’s Michallaney (on field) or JVR (on bench) for me. That’s the decision I’m struggling to make. Points and cash gen wise.
Michallaney has rock solid JS ....that's the swinger IMO

Gull is a trap IMO. Him, Rampe, Florent and Blakey all averaging over 90. Can‘t maintain that. If you think they can, Florent is a better option IMO. You could even just go Doc to Rivers, Baker to Pickett and save a boost.
Agree regarding Ollie, don't agree regarding Gull.

What you guys think of this?

Screenshot_20230412_215338_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded Chesser for Michalanney. Had to get it done before tomorrow night, I couldn’t see any downside, and I couldn’t think of any better alternatives with the bank I have available.

If Day can’t get down to one week, I’ll be tempted to trade him to JDG. Which’ll require a boost and another dead weight rookie offered up to the SC gods.

Michallaney has rock solid JS ....that's the swinger IMO
Yep, but he’d be on field so would need to score well, not just get a game.

JVR will make more cash, but Mich prevents having to take one of Cowan or Wilmot (can be looped via Constable until Round 9), so realistically a regular 60+ each week makes his case.

Probably supreme case of overthinking but bringing in Dawson for Doc just reeks of points chasing to me. Already missed the 173...

Maybe I should just chase points though because going on normal SC logic has me ranked 73k at Round 4 with the shittest team I've ever had

Yep, but he’d be on field so would need to score well, not just get a game.

JVR will make more cash, but if Mich prevents having to take one of Cowan or Wilmot (can be looped via Constable until Round 9)
How many more games does JVR get ?

Agree regarding Ollie, don't agree regarding Gull.

What you guys think of this?

View attachment 1658244
Keep COGS, keep MacKenzie. You could do something really ballsy and go Doch to Mich, Baker to Pickett, still saving the boost.

How many more games does JVR get ?
Reckon he plays the next 4-5. Melb has a very soft draw. JVR was ready to go last year but has been held back and held back. Many thought he’d debut round 1, but held back again. High hopes for him at Melb and some big wraps internally.

Mich is still my preference purely for getting Cowan/Wilmot out of my starting team. As long as he scores 70+ each week tho.

Reckon he plays the next 4-5. Melb has a very soft draw. JVR was ready to go last year but has been held back and held back. Many thought he’d debut round 1, but held back again. High hopes for him at Melb and some big wraps internally.

Mich is still my preference purely for getting Cowan/Wilmot out of my starting team. As long as he scores 70+ each week tho.
So what happens to your best 22 when Brown and Gawn are both available in two weeks time?

Another long story short.

Baker and Chandler are both on my bench.

It is only Round 4, and if Pick is a hit, then it is a super early season upgrade. Speculative, yes I know, but I have seen enough to make up my mind and take the risk.

Two bench players for one starting player is the main thing staring me straight in the face.

Yes, I agree that if I were to wait a couple weeks, I could turn Mackenzie into a fallen SP mid with this same trade, and save a boost in the process (sounds better the more I type it out).

But I am impatient with fielding rookie scores, and the Pickett FOMO is too real. The Ziebell one was too and I got that call right so far.
"Loading your team with speculative keepers early on is a good way to give yourself a headache later on"
M

Mid price madness! Dreadful trades mate.
"Mid price madness!"

- I think both of these are excellent advice and you should take it - I would, definitely the way to go.

however I also throw into the calculation what would piss me off more - taking their advice only to see Pickett go off, or doing it your way and Chandler going off, Pickett spudding up

So what happens to your best 22 when Brown and Gawn are both available in two weeks time?
Brown is available this week. My gut feel, and that’s all it is, is that it’s JVR and then one of TMac or BBB for the next month. Both of them are near the end, and JVR is key for future years and Melbourne’s premiership window. May as well manage TMac and BBB through the year. The advantage of being a great side and having a soft draw is that you don’t need to play your best 22.

From a SC perspective tho, KPF are a no-no for me. 53 last week with 2 goals. Take those goals away and that’s the cash gen dead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back