Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, the good old L. Oophole, I am enjoying my green dots at the moment, but the loop will come handy down the track, I like how you used it to loop in KPF scores last year. Have taken note.

I wish I started with more POD's. Issue is I doubt I would have the patience to see players like Lachie Hunter through till they hit form (shown by my post Round 1 trade out).

So please keep up the POD'ness, you're flying a solo flag there my friend.
Only had 1 bad round (2 score wise), the first wasn't a surprise against Dogs, and last week had 27 disp, but 50 against destroyed it,

Oh, and really like Setters M7, Ashcroft M8 pity only for a week, will be a while before that is improved
After my trades, FWD and Ruck is set. DEF has Stocker/McKenna and MID has Ashc/Ginb/Mack. Outside of these rookies, I will gladly see the rest through to the end.

Except Cogs the Flog.

I just noticed the second one at less than 3% ownership. Few players in that same team and position I would happily have in my team, best of luck with that one.
Ah well, we'll find out and he has a nice ceiling, gotta get better or their season is shot, he was vying with Wood and decided I trusted him more.

After my trades, FWD and Ruck is set. DEF has Stocker/McKenna and MID has Ashc/Ginb/Mack. Outside of these rookies, I will gladly see the rest through to the end.

Except Cogs the Flog.
I'm going to run with my DEF/FWD/RUCK as long as possible. Need 1 or 2 more mids in next, just hoping for no more injurys and no trades for a while.

He’s gonna burn us all, isn’t he? At least I’ll have people to melt with 😏
While Dawson going back and killing his scoring would burn me on field this week, he's making cash no matter what he scores, and Sic/Sinclair will drop next week. Worst case Michalanney straight out up to Sic/Sinclair next week, best case he goes 80-90 and will make a very quick 100k over the next 2-3 weeks and I go Jones or Setters up to one of them.

Doch > Saad
Amartey > Ryan

Holding Day and getting Ryan instead of JVR. Let’s me loop my fwd rookies by moving Madden fwd and gives me ruck cover too. Ryan has better JS than JVR

I really like Michalenney but he's coming up against some tough opponents and he may have to lock down more than I would like.

Am thinking Doc to Mich and Bytel to Pickett but feeling like a bit of a trap....aaarrrggghhhhh

Trading out Doc I have $611,000 but I really only want Dawson, maybe Haynes??
Much to think about today while pretending to work.

I really like Michalenney but he's coming up against some tough opponents and he may have to lock down more than I would like.

Am thinking Doc to Mich and Bytel to Pickett but feeling like a bit of a trap....aaarrrggghhhhh

Trading out Doc I have $611,000 but I really only want Dawson, maybe Haynes??
Much to think about today while pretending to work.

Sinclair or Stewart for Doch if you can't get Dawson.

Is a midfield of Bont, Cripps, Green, De Goey, Setterfield, Hopper, Ashcroft and Mackenzie strong enough for this stage of the year? As much as I'd love to FOMO into an Oliver or LDU, the "upgrade" options feel like they have more mooing in them and the others would be too much like sideways wastes. But I can't help feeling that teams with neither by default weakish midfields.

If Chandler does well, you would expect Pick to have done well too. I don't see Pick spudding it up. I do see Chandler going off though.

A wise man once said to me, it is all about points on the field. Chandler doing all good and well, is useless to me wasting away on the bench. I believe the same wise man explained the importance to me of getting shittruck rookies off the field.

Pickett maintaining a 90+ average is a win @ 360k. Same with trading in Setters and Ziebell. Mid priced players who I wouldn't be unhappy with in my final team.

He doesn’t have to be on your bench, he can play ahead of Mackenzie in the midfield by swinging Long in your team?

Also cash gen is just as vital as points on the field in round 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a midfield of Bont, Cripps, Green, De Goey, Setterfield, Hopper, Ashcroft and Mackenzie strong enough for this stage of the year? As much as I'd love to FOMO into an Oliver or LDU, the "upgrade" options feel like they have more mooing in them and the others would be too much like sideways wastes. But I can't help feeling that teams with neither by default weakish midfields.

I’d say so. Now is not the time to fomo into Oliver - he’s over 700k. LDU is coming off a late out & 102 - don’t fomo into him either.

Also it’s too early for any real upgrades to have been done - just have to stick with your starting choices.

Miller, & Neale are going to be sub 620, with Laird not far away, Walsh is back, Steele isn’t far away, Petracca, Cripps, Mills all sub 600. HEAPS of value to wait on - still obviously have to pick the right ones who finish 110+ but I’d wait on those for now.

I’d say so. Now is not the time to fomo into Oliver - he’s over 700k. LDU is coming off a late out & 102 - don’t fomo into him either.

Also it’s too early for any real upgrades to have been done - just have to stick with your starting choices.

Miller, & Neale are going to be sub 620, with Laird not far away, Walsh is back, Steele isn’t far away, Petracca, Cripps, Mills all sub 600. HEAPS of value to wait on - still obviously have to pick the right ones who finish 110+ but I’d wait on those for now.
Thanks. I think common sense was leading me that way but a good ledge talking can help. The only premo I've chopped so far was Docherty and even then I badly needed the cash to end up with a decent second ruck. And cashing in on rookies or mid pricer cash generators still seems at least a week or two away.

Why does it matter that Laird is losing cash when you already have him?

A couple of reasons:

1) It hurts that others will be able to pick him up cheaply after I spent 700k on him.

2) Would like get SOME return on the 700k I spent. He still holds 650k of value currently, so within striking distance of Clarry with the cash I have. I saw another trade here (albeit bad) where someone traded out 3 mooing cows for Clarry. This would just be a simple single rage-trade then it's done and I don't have to think about saving for Clarry any more (or about captaincy).

The week you sideways Laird to Oliver, Laird will go 150 and you’ll be kicking yourself

In that event, I'll just be able to console myself with the fact I have sweet piggy. Like I should have from the start.

Considering Laird to Degoey to for a cash grab and seemingly same points on field ( for now) . Am I crazy!?
Stephen Colbert Wtf GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Trading out a guy who's a lock to go 110 plus for a guy who may not get there and will therefore cost you a second trade down the line

Fun fact: In 4 games this season, Jordan Dawson has been credited with exactly ONE clanger.

Obviously the move to CBAs in the last 2 weeks has led to more Contested and more tackles (✔️), but I still don't think he'll go huge.
Positive: A 110 av. from here makes him a certain top 4 defender, where question marks still surround others.
Negative: You'll be paying through the nose (what does that even mean??).

Still, it's probably now our never isn't it... 🤔

A couple of reasons:

1) It hurts that others will be able to pick him up cheaply after I spent 700k on him.

2) Would like get SOME return on the 700k I spent. He still holds 650k of value currently, so within striking distance of Clarry with the cash I have. I saw another trade here (albeit bad) where someone traded out 3 mooing cows for Clarry. This would just be a simple single rage-trade then it's done and I don't have to think about saving for Clarry any more (or about captaincy).

In that event, I'll just be able to console myself with the fact I have sweet piggy. Like I should have from the start.
You've already made the mistake, don't compound it by making a second one.
If you do it, he not only cost you 700k, but 700k AND a trade, and potentially another trade if DeGoey's form drops even slightly.
Just live with your mistake. Laird is still a really good mid to have. So what if you paid a little more than others for him.

Another way to look at it is, a trade (let alone 2) is worth a hell of a lot more than 50k

Fun fact: In 4 games this season, Jordan Dawson has been credited with exactly ONE clanger.

Obviously the move to CBAs in the last 2 weeks has led to more Contested and more tackles (✔️), but I still don't think he'll go huge.
Positive: A 110 av. from here makes him a certain top 4 defender, where question marks still surround others.
Negative: You'll be paying through the nose (what does that even mean??).

Still, it's probably now our never isn't it... 🤔

He'll get cheaper at some stage. No doubt. But his BE of 67 means it won't be for a long time. Could easily be $650k or thereabouts for the next month or more.

You've already made the mistake, don't compound it by making a second one.
If you do it, he not only cost you 700k, but 700k AND a trade, and potentially another trade if DeGoey's form drops even slightly.
Just live with your mistake. Laird is still a really good mid to have. So what if you paid a little more than others for him.

Another way to look at it is, a trade (let alone 2) is worth a hell of a lot more than 50k

Trades aren't worth as much as they used to be now there's 36.

Trade hard or get left behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back