Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Urrrgh!! To trade Day or not ?!

Absolute crap .... 2 weeks 🥲
Please Hold Season 4 GIF by The Office
Animated GIF
Trust Believe GIF

No trades are good trades.

Have to trade out Doc and really want Dawson. He's getting mid time now which is boosting his backline score and you know he's going to have the fittness to run out the year in that new dual role with Burgo in his second year at the Crows.

Problem is it will take 2 trades to afford him and I'll have to trade out a decent rookie with more money to make to NVR and I'm not convinced he has JS.

The alternative would be a single trade to a Rioli, Barrass, Richards or Redmond type. All good, but definitely second tier.
Yep which rookie to trade out is the conundrum for me.

Thoughts on Ashcroft to Kossi Pickett? Ashcroft made $100k will probably crawl another $100k Kossi could end up top 8 FWD IMO…
Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they average the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Ashcroft to Kossi Pickett? Ashcroft made $100k will probably crawl another $100k Kossi could end up top 8 FWD IMO…
I don't see it with Pickett, 20% CBA's aren't much to move the needle scoring wise and his scoring is still heavily dependant on kicking goals. If you think he can keep up the 3 goal a game average then yeah, he would be a shout, but half-forwards will always have a lot of scoring variance and he's probably already had his big score for the year.

Ashcroft is safe rookie points on the board and still plenty of cash to make in a year where cash gen looks to be lower.

Chesser > JVR and Docherty to Lloyd

or

Davey Jnr > JVR and Docherty to Stewart

Would prefer Stewart to Lloyd but trading Davey now is a waste otherwise. Worth it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it to late to go max michalanney? I have Liam Jones on field and goater on bench . Or do I grab Sampson Ryan instead of van roo and Jordan Dawson for injured doc ? Should I just do two trades above and see what the new rookies do as I have king and Davey not mooing? Or do three trades?

Is it to late to go max michalanney? I have Liam Jones on field and goater on bench . Or do I grab Sampson Ryan instead of van roo and Jordan Dawson for injured doc ? Should I just do two trades above and see what the new rookies do as I have king and Davey not mooing? Or do three trades?
I had the same thought. Should I upgrade Chesser / Constable to Micalanney?

Only worry is it will burn a trade, and he has already gone up a fair bit in value, how much more is to gain?

Only plus side is having cover on the bench for defence instead of two donuts.

If it was me I would trade doc this week and get as much cash gen as possible, so a downgrade and an doc upgrade to Dawson/stewart if that's whom you want

Michalanney is only worth if you think his going to average 80+ otherwise a wasted trade

Hard to comment without seeing your team though

Chesser > JVR and Docherty to Lloyd

or

Davey Jnr > JVR and Docherty to Stewart

Would prefer Stewart to Lloyd but trading Davey now is a waste otherwise. Worth it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The second option IMO. Pretty much what I've done.

Yes, it means trading Davey prematurely, but Stewart is a far, far safer bet than Lloyd.

Yep which rookie to trade out is the conundrum for me.
For me too. I was hoping team selection would make it clearer but they really haven't.
Has to be a rookies worth $216+ .... so McKenna, Michalanney, Ashcroft, Ginby, McKenzie, Baker, Noah Long, Sheezel or Chandler.
McKenzie's on the extended bench for the second week in a row and was poor last week, but with Day out he should score well if he holds his place.
I think it comes down to Baker or Long, but both have been good.

Edit: Midfielder versus small forward, so I guess Long gets the chop.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 5 Trades - Contenders for dual-position status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back