Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
like many, i want to bring in krak and tarrant to generate some fast money.

i'm toying with the idea of trading out gray for tarrant, and lamb (WC) for krak. i'd switch krak into the mid so i could still loophole forwards if needed.

i don't like the idea of having $577k on the bench not generating any scores or money for 2 straight weeks (heard he was in doubt for this weekend). i'll make probably just under $200k from both krak and tarrant from their price increases after this round, not to mention the $400k i'll bank from trading down gray. his BE is 150 odd or something, and will most likely lose money if he does play (under an injury cloud you'd assume).

i've seen people get burnt by trading out potential like cripps & co early, so i'm hesitant about doing the same with gray.
I began thinking the same thing. Lamb to Tarrant and Gray to Krak. Gives me serious cash to do something real with NVB.

Not sure if I go:
NicNat->Goldy
McGrath->Krak

or

McGrath->Krak
Heeney/****->Fyfe

Gee there are some people with an itchy trading finger if they are thinking about trading out Gray who is a lock to be one of the top 6 scoring forwards at the end of the season

Gee there are some people with an itchy trading finger if they are thinking about trading out Gray who is a lock to be one of the top 6 scoring forwards at the end of the season
It's a collection of things why I traded him last round.

- obviously didn't play last round
- had a high BE so will drop in price
- calf injuires are tricky because they take longer than everyone thinks to get over

- calf injuires are tricky because they take longer than everyone thinks to get over

They sound like poor excuses to justify an unnecessary trade.
- eg. My rookie replacement for Gray scored 118 (Hogan) so I didn't lose points having Gray on the bench
- High BE is irrelevant regarding keepers that shouldn't leave your side & will be top 3 forward
- it was a corky. Bont only missed a week, so no point trading him yet.

You pick him for the end of season, you have to ride out the price drops. **** me, Eski, Jacobs, Mummy, Beams, and a few others have bled nearly 500K in value of my team. Team is now, 10.8 mil. If they don't come good, whatever, but I chose the starting premiums so they will be there at end of season. We all have to cop 0s from our starting premiums, especially risky players like Gray who ALWAYS miss 3 to 5 games a year.
Trading Gray for the season to me is a bit of a waste. :)
Also, it was only a corked calf. Calf strain different IIRC.

- eg. My rookie replacement for Gray scored 118 (Hogan) so I didn't lose points having Gray on the bench
- High BE is irrelevant regarding keepers that shouldn't leave your side & will be top 3 forward
Righto mate, I'm fairly confident backiñg myself in so each to their own. I'll see how we both go throught the year

You pick him for the end of season, you have to ride out the price drops. **** me, Eski, Jacobs, Mummy, Beams, and a few others have bled nearly 500K in value of my team. Team is now, 10.8 mil. If they don't come good, whatever, but I chose the starting premiums so they will be there at end of season. We all have to cop 0s from our starting premiums, especially risky players like Gray who ALWAYS miss 3 to 5 games a year.
Trading Gray for the season to me is a bit of a waste. :)
Also, it was only a corked calf. Calf strain different IIRC.
Theirs a difference between trading out jacobs who played every week vs trading gray who hasnt played at Thame level and didn't play im a critical round4.

We'll see how Gray goes! Who did you trade him to?
Bont, although I didn't watch the game due to work but I did see him get in the votes for a radio station so all is good. Most likely I'll pick gray up post bye for one of my fwd rookies and cheaper

I am a measely 3k off doing Bartel and Belchambers for Goldstien and Ryder. 3 bloody thousand!!!

Any help for my ruck scenario would be appreciated. Here is my current team. I have 247k in the bank. I feel as though Belchambers has got as far as he can cash wise and Grundy has a BE of 56 which means he should go up again. I feel that bringing in Goldstien will cost me a fortune but worth the points. I guess I could just wait and see when his price cycle falls again because his BE will get bloody high soon. I used the E loophole on Hogan last week and saved me trading out Bartel until this week but feel that I have to invest his 549k somewhere productive

View attachment 128354

I'd keep Belchambers for now, his price is stable and he provides DPP which is gold. You can always get another ruck and move him forward.

Go Bartel to Tarrant and use the cash to strengthen another line. Rucks if you really must however I'd wait on Goldy - you've missed the boat for the moment.

Theirs a difference between trading out jacobs who played every week vs trading gray who hasnt played at Thame level and didn't play im a critical round4.
You going for cash league win?
I can understand what you are saying, but if I was you I'd keep him unless I was needing a vital win in a cash league. With any player we know the injury history, so can I ask why did you get such a high risk player?
Just curious. :footy:

Looking to trade in Krak. Probably Tarrant as well.

Who can I trade out? Salem's got about 50k price rise left in him, with games against Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn coming up. He's probably the prime candidate to go.

In the midfield I'm considering Heeney -> Krak, Heeney being the weakest link. I could trade Anderson, but I can see him coming back this week, and he hasn't made me any money yet. Then I can trade NVB to JPK next week and make my midfield stronger.

Newnes will probably end up staying in my team for a while, hopefully with Weller back he can get more of the ball against Essendon. Goodes might go next week, however I have no idea who there is to trade to.

Advice would be great, going to be sweating on every single trade now after my best ever start in Supercoach. :$

Congrats on the great start - not sure if you need advice.

If anyone goes I'd pick Heeney at this stage. But you probably have to wait until Thursday to get a better idea of the merits of different rookie trade outs. With all the strong midfield rookie scores you've been getting you may want to consider a defensive upgrade a higher priority next week than getting JPK (remembering Rocky is about to plummet in price and may be ripe in a few weeks if you're patient). Also helps you offload Goodes.

The risk v reward with trading different rookies is difficult in your position but imho you definitely need the cash generation that both Krak and Tarrant offer.

B.t.w for all those whining about having Goodes, Griff, Newnes etc - good to prove that you can afford to be patient with them and still score well. A good lesson for the 1000's of rage traders on here. This is a team that will go places this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to see some people's thoughts:

I, like most, am looking at brining in krak and taz. I have Gray sitting in my mids, and want to use krak as a vehicle to get him back to my forwards.

I have Clark, lonie and lamb as trade options (wanna keep Salem and hogan).

Now, what I'm thinking is this: trade out lonie AND Clark. Gives me 197k to play with, which is immediate upgrade from a mid priced to a premo. Also, leaves me lamb as a loophole option, which is handy with wc having so many late sat and Sunday games coming up. If I trade lamb I have 8 forward starters and there is always a gamble playing the right one.

Whilst I understand lamb isn't making me any cash, perhaps his value is greater as a way to ensure I maximise my on field scores each week.

Make sense? Cheers

Righto mate, I'm fairly confident backiñg myself in so each to their own. I'll see how we both go throught the year

I'm fairly confident you'll have a really good team after 17 rounds then you'll run out of trades and as you slip slowly down the rankings in the last few weeks you'll be thinking "why the f#$% did I trade out Gray".

Why do I think this? because myself and I suspect almost everyone else reading this forum has done something similar in the past.

I'm fairly confident you'll have a really good team after 17 rounds then you'll run out of trades and as you slip slowly down the rankings in the last few weeks you'll be thinking "why the f#$% did I trade out Gray".

Why do I think this? because myself and I suspect almost everyone else reading this forum has done something similar in the past.
my ranking history would suggest ill be just fine.

also remember who he plays this week (crows) who he scored 78 and 89 against last year (92 in '13) with a BE of 157 and expected BE next week of 160

Last edited:
Lamb > Tarrant

Anderson > N.Krak

Looks solid mate. Lamb has to go, and getting Krak in seems a necessity at this stage.

I think I'm just about set on;

Heeney > Tarrant (Via DPP with Krak)
TBC > Ryder
OR
Goodes > K.Simpson /Burgoyne (if Goodes is named)

SC_r5.png

I want ruck cover, and Ryder seems the best option. Too early to be culling Heeney?

****ing hate my defence.

Hey guys,

Some advice please, I have a bunch of cash cows still escalating but looking to make at least 1 trade this week.. Get Krakour in for either Heeney or NVB?

I've got $100k in the bank to start with so can do with the extra $ to put towards upgrading/strengthening another line.. I'm thinking in order of priority I need to address my DEF, MID, FWD... In particular the following under performers:
1) DEF: Newnes, Goodes
2) MID: Beams, Swallow
3) FWD: Bennell

Thoughts please??

upload_2015-4-27_19-58-48.png

Hmmm will keep that in mind reguarding Salem. Thought I checked that.

Still think he will average more then Clark and therefore moo sooner.

I too am trading trying to play catch up.

Heeney, missing Gray, Bartel, Lycett and Goodes being useless as balls. Trade, trade, trade.
Personally I'm downgrading Lycett to Krakour. I tried him, kept the faith, but he's just not getting the job done. Sometimes you've just got to admit you got it wrong. That 300k will come in handy for upgrades in two weeks. Lycett is hemorrhaging cash and has a 122 B/E

Mate everyone has their own way of doing things, just because it hasn't worked for you in the past doesn't mean it'll never work. The trades are there to be used, for all you know Dewah could have 30 trades still, does it still be a terrible move if that's the case?
Don't be to quick to judge, Dewahs previous rankings suggest he knows exactly how to play supercoach.

Hey guys,

Some advice please, I have a bunch of cash cows still escalating but looking to make at least 1 trade this week.. Get Krakour in for either Heeney or NVB?

I've got $100k in the bank to start with so can do with the extra $ to put towards upgrading/strengthening another line.. I'm thinking in order of priority I need to address my DEF, MID, FWD... In particular the following under performers:
1) DEF: Newnes, Goodes
2) MID: Beams, Swallow
3) FWD: Bennell

Thoughts please??

View attachment 128477
Van Berlo has better job security then Heeney, that's why id keep him despite the price difference.
I'd be trading Goodes for sure, Newnes may drop in a bit more price but I'm going to back him in to start scoring better, whilst Goodes won't get his 98 b/e and can't see him getting many points at all.

Mate everyone has their own way of doing things, just because it hasn't worked for you in the past doesn't mean it'll never work. The trades are there to be used, for all you know Dewah could have 30 trades still, does it still be a terrible move if that's the case?
Don't be to quick to judge, Dewahs previous rankings suggest he knows exactly how to play supercoach.

My sarcasm was uncalled for. But I stand by the logic.

Trading the number 1 player in his position when he's already fallen in price to cover a 1 or maybe 2 week absence early in the season when you have reasonable cover? I can't see that is a winning strategy. It screams poor value for your trade.

Beams averaging 100 he is not a priority.
Toss a coin between VDB and Hogan if Gray doesn't come up this week.
Bennell would be disappointing at that price but still averaging 89.

Backs are where it's at...
$738800 is what you've got to play with.
A sub 200k keeper at d7 is probably important given Goddard isn't playing yet and you've got no DPP to swap Saad with to avoid donuts- Nathan Brown's ugly 40-50 scores are ideal because he's not going to be 350k sitting on your bench, other one off the top of my head is Whitecross who's on the bubble this week.
That leaves you the best part of 540k to get a premium keeper- Hodge and Rance averaging over 100 which is sensational with this years defenders.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-27...btful-for-showdown-against-adelaide.mobileapp
PORT Adelaide's All Australian onballer Robbie Gray is a doubtful starter for Sunday's Showdown against Adelaide.

never happy about a injury to a gun but its not surprising to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back