Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my mind and have decided to use two trades. If Rotham is selected he comes in as it looks like there wont be too many def rookies coming through.

Butters > Rotham
Williams > Marshall

I want a quick cash injection which is why im going Rotham and i think it will be valuable to have a DEF/MID link through Duursma. Then i can look at upgrading Brodie Smith to a mid premium soon and i can get Ross next round in my mids.

Is Jetta and Rotham a like for like? Jetta is known for pace, I didn't watch Rotham but he is 193 cm = tall defender

Out of the emergencies they had listed he was the closest thing to like for like I suppose. I'm not familiar enough with him to know if he's a running 193cm or a KP/3rd tall 193cm or where he fits in the mix. I do know that WCE have only been playing 2 KP Defs this year. I would think that if they were to play a 3rd tall for match up reasons, Schofield would probably be that man. Bolded are the 7 Defs they have been running with this year.

Barrass
McGovern

Schofield
Brander
----
Hurn
Sheppard
Duggan
Cole
Jetta

Rotham?

Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe Setterfield to Bolton. Bolton scored a handy 75, gives me 50k in the bank. I don't like Setterfield anyway and won't regret getting rid of him even if he comes straight back in the side.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Setters is a bit of a hack anyway. I'm moving on

Might stick with my original plan of

Lockhart > Hore (bit stiff on Lockhart but since the rookies this year are so poor, there's no room for passengers.

Shitterfield > Marshall

Means i'll be able to trade down to Ross next week and bring in any one of Piggy, Coniglio, Whitfield or Lloyd for a rookie next week.

Why do I get the feeling that I’m starting Balta this week?
Can see all of Rozee Drew Parker and Keira all missing BBEBCDBA-6344-4051-BD08-813ED3570908.jpeg

Saving Setters to Bolton for next week after Shai proves he can back it up and keep his spot. Good luck to those going with it early.

I'm pretty set on just the one this week. Clark to Rotham. Backs are solid enough at the moment (Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Smith, Moore + 1st choice rookie) to pull the trigger on the Clark downgrade a bit early. All relies on Rotham getting picked this week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently have Saad in my draft league but he's reached the end of his stay in my team.

My options are Haynes, Houston, Finlayson, Hooker or Ellis.

in terms of long term consistency, i'm leaning towards Haynes. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Because the trades suggested do not involve DPP players

You can move a DPP player you already have in your side in the process of a trade.

For example, this week I'm trading out Setterfield, moving Moore from the back line to the forward line, and bringing in another back.

I’ll be holding off on trading Setters for now. Think his ban is very likely to be reduced and reckon he’s got a 70+ in him (I’m looking at RD7 vs North) and a bit more growth.

It it worth keeping Dunkley and getting Marshall at the expense of Moore and Shitterfield (with lockhart added to Def)?

Here are some visuals of my 2 options for assistance..

View attachment 655159
+ 18k

View attachment 655161
+120k

Anyone.. Anyone..

giphy.gif

Anyone.. Anyone..

giphy.gif
Probably the second option, it looks like Dunkley is going to continue to bleed money until he had a significant role change, and with Bevo that's probably in the 2nd half of the season at best.

Moore still has $$$ to make, so I'd hold him for the time being.

Well they should say so to give a better picture of what they're trying to do

If someone is trading a mid only to a fwd only for example, it's inferred that they have a DPP link to facilitate such a trade. Not everything needs to be spelled out. Most people can work it out simply by looking at the team and where their DPP links are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back