Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will this be my unique trade or my fast track out of the top 150.

Jacobs >>>> Meesan

Houlihan >>>> Pratt

i want to pull the trigger before teams are final, so if houlihan is picked i dont chicken out. it will mean i will have 15 trades left & Robbo still on my bench.

30% i will do this
70% i wont

Any tips on my midfield trade dilemma?

Current lineup is:
Ablett, Bartel, Cross, Hasleby, Rich, Otten (Robinson, Anthony)

Dilemma?

Son, you have no dilemma

Trades are gold, wait a week. :thumbsu:

Interesting one, Pratt is quite unique and barely a team has him on here. Is it too early to pull the trigger on Hoops after one bad game? Id prefer to see if he is named then decide lol but i see ur logic in doing it before they're finalised.

will this be my unique trade or my fast track out of the top 150.

Jacobs >>>> Meesan

Houlihan >>>> Pratt

i want to pull the trigger before teams are final, so if houlihan is picked i dont chicken out. it will mean i will have 15 trades left & Robbo still on my bench.

30% i will do this
70% i wont

Houlihan will play and he's had one bad game hence trading him for Pratt would be a waste. He's still got a fair bit of appreciation in him if you dont wanna make him a keeper

Interesting one, Pratt is quite unique and barely a team has him on here. Is it too early to pull the trigger on Hoops after one bad game?

Yes.

Pratt is very unique, another Drummond as in doesnt need much of it to score well.

Dilemma?

Son, you have no dilemma

Trades are gold, wait a week. :thumbsu:

Hehe I thought someone might comment on my "dilemma" description. Who exactly am I waiting a week for though? What other players are in the pipeline that I should be interested in?

I should also mention that I'm considering a double trade for Hodge next week and that won't allow me to bring in anyone for Robinson, meaning I'll miss out on any significant price rise on someone like Barham.

If I don't trade Robinson this week or next, how should I go about upgrading that midfield by midseason? I'm don't think I'll be able to wait for Anthony to get going and make some cash before I try to upgrade someone like Otten.

Hehe I thought someone might comment on my "dilemma" description. Who exactly am I waiting a week for though? What other players are in the pipeline that I should be interested in?

I should also mention that I'm considering a double trade for Hodge next week and that won't allow me to bring in anyone for Robinson, meaning I'll miss out on any significant price rise on someone like Barham.

If I don't trade Robinson this week or next, how should I go about upgrading that midfield by midseason? I'm don't think I'll be able to wait for Anthony to get going and make some cash before I try to upgrade someone like Otten.
One week could uncover some hidden gems.

Barham isnt safe. What if you bring himin and he is dropped?

Dont trade for the hell of it.

But shit in the end, its your team. :thumbsu:

Depends on how much cash you are generating in the rest of your team.

Interesting one, Pratt is quite unique and barely a team has him on here. Is it too early to pull the trigger on Hoops after one bad game? Id prefer to see if he is named then decide lol but i see ur logic in doing it before they're finalised.

It was only last week that there was a whole thread about whether or not Houlihan was a keeper. Now one low scoring game in a LOSS interstate to Sydney and people are jumping off the bandwaggon...:eek:

Im sure every team has a bigger problem than Houlihan!!

Depends on how much cash you are generating in the rest of your team.

Ok to provide a little more context:

Backs: Goddard, Fisher, Cornes, Bock, Houlihan, Hurn, Petrenko (Hill, Suban)
Mids: Ablett, Bartel, Cross, Hasleby, Rich, Otten (Robinson, Anthony)
Rucks: Cox, Macca (Jacobs, Spencer)
Fwds: Pav, Buddy, Lids, Fev, Krakour, Higgins, Ziebell (Walker, Brown)

$222k in bank, 18 trades left.

Plan is to use 2 of Petrenko, Hill and Suban in the next week or so to bring in Hodge and a cheap rookie. Walker and Brown will eventually be used to upgrade Ziebell/Higgins/Krakour (one of the latter two could be a keeper though...).

So I'm thinking that I'm going to use the cows I have to upgrade fwd and back lines to some degree, and therefore worried that it'll be hard to upgrade my mids. Hence my thoughts about Robinson -> Beams.

Plan is to use 2 of Petrenko, Hill and Suban in the next week or so to bring in Hodge and a cheap rookie. Walker and Brown will eventually be used to upgrade Ziebell/Higgins/Krakour (one of the latter two could be a keeper though...).

So I'm thinking that I'm going to use the cows I have to upgrade fwd and back lines to some degree, and therefore worried that it'll be hard to upgrade my mids. Hence my thoughts about Robinson -> Beams.

IMO round 5 is too early to be cashing in Petrenko, Suban, Hill. 2 more rounds of price increases from them will more than make up for the change in price of Hodge.

Well I agree you *could* do that..but you never know, Rich/Otten might not need much cash to upgrade in 3-4 weeks and Robbo could be back...

There just isn't anyone to go down to this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO round 5 is too early to be cashing in Petrenko, Suban, Hill. 2 more rounds of price increases from them will more than make up for the change in price of Hodge.

I was thinking that a little too... too easily swayed by Monty's assertion that we shouldn't wait any longer than next week to get Hodge!

Well I agree you *could* do that..but you never know, Rich/Otten might not need much cash to upgrade in 3-4 weeks and Robbo could be back...

There just isn't anyone to go down to this week.

Yeah fair point. I always struggle to see the whole season in perspective - trading is just too much fun and then I pay for it at finals time...

Cheers for the sensible suggestions.

Has Hoops done in 4 rounds what I/We thought he would do in 6, that is go up 60000 to 70000?

Has Hoops had 3 good games & now follow up with 3 bad ones, (if i thought this why did i pick him in the first place) I hate super coach

Skipworth > Hartlett

Yes?:confused::eek:

Why not? But I'm keeping him as Taylor Walker has Melbourne and may go ok.

Franklin VS Porps VS O Keefe or sideways Krakour for Jack Riewoldt!! Still can't decide!

Franklin at a potential soggy Tassie, Porps vs Melbs and BE of 100 or O'Keefe the quiet achiever and value dropper!

If you can get Franklin this week... get him. You won't regret it. His following matches are (not in order): Fremantle, Carlton, Melbourne, West Coast and Essendon.

All sides which leak big scores and can't really handle the guns like Buddy. I'd expect him to score some very, very large scores.

Why not? But I'm keeping him as Taylor Walker has Melbourne and may go ok.

Franklin VS Porps VS O Keefe or sideways Krakour for Jack Riewoldt!! Still can't decide!

Franklin at a potential soggy Tassie, Porps vs Melbs and BE of 100 or O'Keefe the quiet achiever and value dropper!

Yeah I have Skippy in the midfield which sucks.

With no Robinson or Anthony playing I will trade him for Hartlett and pocket some $.:eek:

So nobody can see a problem with skippy to hartlett (mid)?

Yeah I have Skippy in the midfield which sucks.

With no Robinson or Anthony playing I will trade him for Hartlett and pocket some $.:eek:

So nobody can see a problem with skippy to hartlett (mid)?

Nah, Hartlett was well placed to play rd 1, except for injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back