Preview Round 5 vs North - Astbury Out Tuck In

Remove this Banner Ad

I fully expect a good accountable defending mid like Edwards to go with Boomer:rolleyes: Seriously possibly Nason or White.

Overall it seems they think time to bring in some fresh faces for a 4 week look. First 4 weeks we had a good look at Helbig, Nahas, Astbury and Grimes to lesser extent and now it's time to give a few others a look in. Tuck, Nason, Dea come on down! Helbig had 2 of past 3 games as the sub so time to let him run hard at Coburg.

I'm surprised most on here think Nahas will be on bench ahead of Nason. I know it's very different levels of competition but Nahas has had his chance and is struggling whereas Nason is looking very very good. He'll play IMO - as will Tuck and probably Miller I expect. The other spot looks likely to be Dea. Been in great form for Coburg although I wouldn't begrudge Grimes another few games.

Sub will be Matt Dea I reckon.

Hope so. Lids will get 40 touches.

The kids got pace and can tackle. The coach was happy with his job on Pav when he was moved on to him after Pavlich went on a 20 minute wrecking spree in the 3rd quarter.

He's not as bad as you think.

However, when he gets the ball in his hands.......:rolleyes:

I think it depends on how we are approaching this game.

Last week, agianst the Pies we had basically no hope before the ball was bounced - good time to experiment (e.g. edwards on Thomas). However, it is still a good aim to win a few games - and this is one of them we should be aiming at. So I expect this team to be the one that gives us the best chance of winning now.

That means Miller plays. Sure we hope Post will turn out to be better in the future - but right now, Miller is a better option. Same for Tuck over just about any other young kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thursfield is very unlucky IMO. Is out of favour for sure.

You're clearly right about both things. Just wondering if anyone has the inside mail on why Dimma has taken such a dim view of him.

Maybe because he asked to be traded last year?

Clearly if Thursfield doesn't think he's apart of this group going forward then he shouldn't be getting games simple as that.

ohhh god. I don't know what the people are doing but Conca going back to the defensive pocket after a solid game last week in the middle? Got to be crazy.

• Jackson to Swallow
• Deledio to dominate whoever gets the job on him or whoever he runs with
• Martin having stints up forward like last week, so i'll put him in for 2 goals
• Riewoldt to dominate Grima, i dont even know who Grima is so i'm just gonna say he is gonna get dominated. So Riewoldt with 6 goals.
• Cotchin with yet another stellar performance of 30+ possessions
• Graham to get smashed after the break, i.e. tired and hopeless

Richmond to win by 30 points

I really wonder if Edwards and Hardwick are dating...

I watched North closely last week.
They move the ball well, but they got smashed at the stoppages, where they had some really light bodies. Tuck will help us here.
They struggled up forward. Thomas and Hansen were disappointing. I'm banking on McGuane being able to handle Hansen and probably White will take Thomas.
Ziebell played poorly, but I would expect a player of his talent to get one of our stoppers. Jackson may take Harvey.

I watched North closely last week.
They move the ball well, but they got smashed at the stoppages, where they had some really light bodies. Tuck will help us here.
They struggled up forward. Thomas and Hansen were disappointing. I'm banking on McGuane being able to handle Hansen and probably White will take Thomas.
Ziebell played poorly, but I would expect a player of his talent to get one of our stoppers. Jackson may take Harvey.

what about swallow????

what about swallow????
Can't tag everyone.
Swallow is a good workhorse and a good player, but I don't think his disposal is damaging enough to warrant a tag straight away. Of course that can change during the course of the game. Might be one for Matt Dea to run with if he is included.
What do you reckon?

ohhh god. I don't know what the people are doing but Conca going back to the defensive pocket after a solid game last week in the middle? Got to be crazy.
Relax, they have to name the side and as such just put names on the paper. The only ones assured of lining up where they are named are Graham & Riewoldt pretty much everyone can still be moved around as Hardwick sees fit.

Can't tag everyone.
Swallow is a good workhorse and a good player, but I don't think his disposal is damaging enough to warrant a tag straight away. Of course that can change during the course of the game. Might be one for Matt Dea to run with if he is included.
What do you reckon?

guess so. who is actually better harvey or swallow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5 vs North - Astbury Out Tuck In

Remove this Banner Ad

Back