Preview Round 5 vs North - Astbury Out Tuck In

Remove this Banner Ad

Given its a 5 day long weekend, Easter Sunday and late start. be lucky to break 23k IMO.

*Cue MT rant about how pissweak people are for not showing up and spending time with their families and/or going away on holidays

A wouldn't call 20 hours of driving and 3 days in a house with screaming kids in coldish weather a holiday :cool:

agree with your match ups, think Matty White can do the job on Harvey.

Feeling confident for the first time in a while. Whether that is misplaced or not we'll find out on Sunday.

Int: Miller, Grimes, Tuck
Sub: Nason/Dea

I'm just glad I'll be out of town with no computer access if things go horribly wrong. We're not without a chance but I'm bloody nervous. Years of disappointment I guess.

I'm with MT on this, lets try and get there and outnumber the Roos supporters at their own home game. If you want to sing the song, this week end is it. Let's go Tigers.

I'm with MT on this, lets try and get there and outnumber the Roos supporters at their own home game. If you want to sing the song, this week end is it. Let's go Tigers.

If we can't outnumber North supporters at their own training sessions I'd be surprised. I'll be there with my mate, so if we can get another 5 Tigers supporters there, we should have them covered ;)

But seriously we should all get along to this, soon their home games will be in Tassie and it will become more difficult to get to....

they got the outs right, astbury needs to boost his confidence in ressies, helbig needs 4q and thursty is down the queue behind Mcguane and rancey. Grimes deserves to hold his spot, he hasn't done much wrong.

My guess on edwards is they probably believe he has the ability to return to form and actually contribute. late in the game he got hold of some good ball and showed what he can do. More than likely it's his pace that retained his spot as NM struggle in that department

my hunch as well. Lets look at it from another angle. His **** ups are completely and totally ridiculous, i.e. they stand out vividly in our minds. Now lets reverse the situation and he doesnt **** up at those times he did. Tipping he would do major damage and you cant deny he doesnt get involved and doesnt get his hands on the pill either. I am not suggesting he doesnt make stupid mistakes, but this year its been surprising how many times he has ****ed it up and I will cut him some slack, he is better than that. ;)

If we can't outnumber North supporters at their own training sessions I'd be surprised. I'll be there with my mate, so if we can get another 5 Tigers supporters there, we should have them covered ;)

But seriously we should all get along to this, soon their home games will be in Tassie and it will become more difficult to get to....

LMAO:thumbsu:

...5 is overkill...3 ought to be enough...:p...

My guess on edwards is they probably believe he has the ability to return to form and actually contribute. late in the game he got hold of some good ball and showed what he can do. More than likely it's his pace that retained his spot as NM struggle in that department

He has slipped under the radar and to many concentrate on his one or two shocking clangers. Look at the stats i posted, he is well and truly entrenched in the top 10 in all stats, and very strong in the 5th to 8th category which shows he isn’t staring but he is doing more than required to keep his place, and statistically Martin is worse with kick to opponents and critical errors, and Cotch is so much worse in turnovers it’s a worry and also equal in skill errors.

People will always remember his shocking grubber and his goal square turnover resulting in a goal, but they quickly forget the majority of his work which is first rate. And is he is so bad why then hasn’t Dimma dropped him? Being a sub was no doubt a message to lift certain areas, but that as close as he will come to losing his place.

From the players named, i'd like to see this line-up

FB Batchelor Mcguane Newman
HB Conca Rance Deledio
C Martin Foley Houli
HF Edwards Miller White
FF King Riewoldt Vickery
R Graham Cotchin Jackson

I/C Tuck Grigg Dea
Sub: Nason

From the players named, i'd like to see this line-up

FB Batchelor Mcguane Newman
HB Conca Rance Deledio
C Martin Foley Houli
HF Edwards Miller White
FF King Riewoldt Vickery
R Graham Cotchin Jackson

I/C Tuck Grigg Dea
Sub: Nason

Fairly close I reckon:thumbsu: Depending on actual match-ups I would imagine Houli might sart on the pine and grigg on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my hunch as well. Lets look at it from another angle. His **** ups are completely and totally ridiculous, i.e. they stand out vividly in our minds. Now lets reverse the situation and he doesnt **** up at those times he did. Tipping he would do major damage and you cant deny he doesnt get involved and doesnt get his hands on the pill either. I am not suggesting he doesnt make stupid mistakes, but this year its been surprising how many times he has ****ed it up and I will cut him some slack, he is better than that. ;)
Exactly, the problem his errors are comically beyond standard errors. There is missing a target...and then there is the edwards way of missing a target which involves kicking the ball backwards, lace out to his direct opponent and crashing into a few team mates in the follow through of his kick, causing career ending injuries to all except himself.

Ok the above might be an exaggeration but if only he could just fluff a kick out of bounds, instead of out of bounds on the full...or miss a target, but still kick the ball to advantage...but hey where is the fun in that! We need a whipping boy at tigerland :thumbsu:

He has slipped under the radar and to many concentrate on his one or two shocking clangers. Look at the stats i posted, he is well and truly entrenched in the top 10 in all stats, and very strong in the 5th to 8th category which shows he isn’t staring but he is doing more than required to keep his place, and statistically Martin is worse with kick to opponents and critical errors, and Cotch is so much worse in turnovers it’s a worry and also equal in skill errors.

People will always remember his shocking grubber and his goal square turnover resulting in a goal, but they quickly forget the majority of his work which is first rate. And is he is so bad why then hasn’t Dimma dropped him? Being a sub was no doubt a message to lift certain areas, but that as close as he will come to losing his place.
His errors are not just missing targets they are absolutely woefull and given he is pretty much of an outside type , his errors significantly influence games .
He's form has been absolutely woefull all season and he has been chewing into the credits, that he has had within the bank, all year as has Connors .
Can't win contests and is proving to be woefully inconsistent with his disposal. I also suspect there will be a few others who also don't excell in their ability to win contested Footy , yet came into the pre season very fit and provided false hope , may quickly struggle for form as others build their fitness .
Namely Nahas and Houli, and I think Vickery could also be in this group , the one who I think may have found thier niche is White ?

its when edwards turns it over that is crucial, heavy mistakes cost us time and time again and he is not a ferocious tackler that can put in that 2nd effort- I really cant see his worth in the side when his form is responsible for our situation. quite simply he is not a player to build a team on and after how many chances what message are we sending to him and the other players

Hi all,this is my first post.

I joined in 2007 I think but never got around to posting.

Anyway,are these totals Bazzar,or averages?

Because I know that Cotchin has had 96 disposals and Martin 92 disposals this season compared to only 54 for Edwards,so even though they may have had more errors,the average errors may tell a far different story.

And Edwards plays around midfield doesn`t he?

A lot easier for him to accumulate more of those stats than our Forwards and Backs,so he`d want to be in the top 10 wouldn`t he.

And seeing as roughly 8 players roam through the midfield,being around 5th - 8th in those stats would mean he`s right near the bottom for output I`d say.

Anyway get back to us on those turnover and error averages.

P.S:Average per disposal,not games.

man, are you serious? The roos supporters cant outnumber the Freo supporters at Etihad. ;)

They may get more than Gold Coast though;).

*Please note opinion may be subject to change.
Written and authorised by Captain Blood 17 - the soon to be stuffing chocolate rabbits in my mouth party.

So that pretty much confirms Wbberly is in because I doubt would bother changing it if Dea was going to be an emergency.

Hopefully Webberly replaces Nahas. Will run, overlap and get more the ball but also use it better and make better decisions. No brainer for mine. Don't know why Webberly hasn't gotten more games. Always performs well in the VFL. Yeah, he's slight but so is half of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5 vs North - Astbury Out Tuck In

Remove this Banner Ad

Back