Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out -
Caminiti
Cordy
Windhager

In -
Sharman
Membrey
Steele

I really want to see is Cooper is gonna make it. if Hammer is out for 3+ weeks (BS IMO) then now's the time to give him a go.

Carlton's defenders aren't great 1 on 1 so the more mobile we can get, the better our chances IMO.
Not sure this is the game to see if Sharman is good enough

Sides have been able to open up Carlton with pace and spread, I don't think another tall is needed

Would give Peris a go as sub this week. The kids been a standout in the VFL so far this year. Would honestly drop Gresham for him, the difference in kicking ability would be minimal and Gresh needs a rocket. I’d also give Windhager some time in the VFL to dominate like Bytel did, he can start to show us what he’s got.

Out: Caminiti (suspended), Gresham (omitted), Windhager (omitted)
In: Membrey, Steele, Bytel, Peris (sub)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit of talk that Saad could be out this week injured, Hewett also has a question mark with his hand and McGovern calf still isn't right.

Carlton's clearance game isn't what it was last year and are 13th in the comp for inside 50's. I feel as if our current game plan should match up well against theirs. Set up well behind and the ball then our run and spread should be too quick for them. Let's hope anyway

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You on the weed again old mate
Sure are a weird campaigner always getting threatened when anyone posts anything even remotely close to "inside knowledge". Laugh reacting and getting all worked up, cute as always! Xox

Agree, there was no point in Steele going, as I mentioned earlier. We have a fine stand in for him.

I hear what you are saying re Keeler not playing vfl for one weekend, however I don’t believe Keeler was named as an emergency for the afl, was he? pretty sure we would have known if was even a remote possibility to play, being a debutant. His name was not on a team sheet, was it, or not that I saw. Sounds like he’s pretty far off it too.

You can’t compare him to Hayes coming from SA. He’s an adult, not a young first year draft pick. Our area of well-being with the DF centre now would be right across doing these types of things and what better way to get the experience of travelling with a team together with a trip back home? Every bit as important as one vfl game on a different level.

That’s my reasoning anyhow.
As I told someone else he doesn't need to be named as an emergency by the time the squad travels interstate, and they typically take a group with them for interstate games because of situations like what happened to the Pies over the weekend.

I really do doubt that we would take players interstate that have no chance of playing just for the "experience".

He is from Adelaide so would have been saying g'day to the family

I think there is zero chance he plays AFL straight away. He would have been talking about VFL
Said from the beginning that "apparently" he was a chance because it wasn't specified in the post I saw.

Yeah, again, really doubtful IMO that we take players interstate just for that purpose.

Re Bytel: have a look at the difference he gets in role between vfl and seniors.
Thought Bytel was really good Rd.1 then got the injury and hasnt really had much of an opportunity since then.
Hope he gets another chance at a full game and has some injury luck.
Has real potential to be the extractor if he gets a clean run at it

Thought Bytel was really good Rd.1 then got the injury and hasnt really had much of an opportunity since then.
Hope he gets another chance at a full game and has some injury luck.
Has real potential to be the extractor if he gets a clean run at it
Agreed, but first he needs to be given that role by the coaches. If he's to be kept a tagger for every game l can see him being delisted end of season.

Would give Peris a go as sub this week. The kids been a standout in the VFL so far this year. Would honestly drop Gresham for him, the difference in kicking ability would be minimal and Gresh needs a rocket. I’d also give Windhager some time in the VFL to dominate like Bytel did, he can start to show us what he’s got.

Out: Caminiti (suspended), Gresham (omitted), Windhager (omitted)
In: Membrey, Steele, Bytel, Peris (sub)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Peris could be good as the sub. Pace to burn and opposition players fatigued late in game

Not sure this is the game to see if Sharman is good enough

Sides have been able to open up Carlton with pace and spread, I don't think another tall is needed

Two talls out - Cordy and Hammer - for two talls in with Membrey and Sharman. Not changing the structure at all.

Membrey plays the Cordy role of 'stand and deliver' vs Liam Jones, with Sharman on his bike as a leading forward to try and get away from Weitering/Young.

Crows showed how to pick the Blues apart. Need mobile players with good hands who can convert.

Two talls out - Cordy and Hammer - for two talls in with Membrey and Sharman. Not changing the structure at all.

Membrey plays the Cordy role of 'stand and deliver' vs Liam Jones, with Sharman on his bike as a leading forward to try and get away from Weitering/Young.

Crows showed how to pick the Blues apart. Need mobile players with good hands who can convert.
Oh righto, I didn't see you had Cordy out.

I don't mind that, although I am not sure Ross will go for it

Owens looks better in the ruck that Cordy. Even if he doesn't win a tap we've got an extra mid in there

And Jones plays for the Dogs

Sure are a weird campaigner always getting threatened when anyone posts anything even remotely close to "inside knowledge". Laugh reacting and getting all worked up, cute as always! Xox

As I told someone else he doesn't need to be named as an emergency by the time the squad travels interstate, and they typically take a group with them for interstate games because of situations like what happened to the Pies over the weekend.

I really do doubt that we would take players interstate that have no chance of playing just for the "experience".

Said from the beginning that "apparently" he was a chance because it wasn't specified in the post I saw.

Yeah, again, really doubtful IMO that we take players interstate just for that purpose.
I'd say the fact he is from Adelaide had a lot more to do with it then him playing AFL footy this week but time will tell.

Agreed, but first he needs to be given that role by the coaches. If he's to be kept a tagger for every game l can see him being delisted end of season.

If he's given the role of tagger by the coaches, the coaches will not be de-listing him due to low possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say the fact he is from Adelaide had a lot more to do with it then him playing AFL footy this week but time will tell.
Yeah just opinions at the end of the day. IMO he was there for more than family.

Yeah just opinions at the end of the day. IMO he was there for more than family.
Probably being around the boys on match day would have played a role and is a good experience for a kid, but at the end of the day, he's an indigenous kid from interstate.

It's pretty important he gets back to see his family when he has the opportunity and we wouldn't have had a better opportunity on the weekend.

Would have sucked for him if he was made to stay at home whilst the like of NWM and Pou got to see their family.

Just don't see it as a sign that he's been earmarked for a game of footy before he's even played in the VFL

Im not worked up , Im just laughing at you going off half cocked

Probably being around the boys on match day would have played a role and is a good experience for a kid, but at the end of the day, he's an indigenous kid from interstate.

It's pretty important he gets back to see his family when he has the opportunity and we wouldn't have had a better opportunity on the weekend.

Would have sucked for him if he was made to stay at home whilst the like of NWM and Pou got to see their family.

Just don't see it as a sign that he's been earmarked for a game of footy before he's even played in the VFL
Yeah I said from the beginning that I would've expected him to come in through the VFL but the post I saw was pretty vague, not to mention I know we're putting in a lot of work on him so wasn't certain how far off it he actually was.

Im not worked up , Im just laughing at you going off half cocked
How am I going off half cocked lol I'm posting what I saw from someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back