Prediction Round 6, 2024: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Ryan
Out: Edwards (inj)

Sheed will be in the extended squad, with a good chance he survives the cut esp with Edwards out.

More likely to be like below.
In: Ryan, Sheed
Out: Maric (omit), Edwards (inj)

Outs: Witherden, Rotham (stays if Jamieson isn't fit), Edwards (concussion), Maric (injured)
Ins: Ryan to HB, Jamieson (if fit), Johnston and Trew (to sub)

Out: Edwards, Witherden, Maric
In: Sheed, Jamo, Johnston

Ryan to get one more week in the WAFL to make sure hes all good.
If Maric doesnt get up then Culley is a possibility? Probably Sheed gets the nod though.
We have enough forwards in the side, we dont need a forward to replace Maric

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed for Ledwards
Dewar for Maric with Brockman to sub
Jamieson for Witherden

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Jamieson, Rotham, Cole, Duggan, Hough
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Ginbey, Hunt, Chesser
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Darling, Waterm6n, Cripps, Petch, Long, Dewar, Sheed
Sub: Brockman
Emergencies: Maric (held over), Witherden, Gaff

Sheed back in, basically a like for like for Edwards. Jamieson straight swap for Witherden since Freo are quite tall up forward these days.

Dewar in to have a little taste. Maric out to make sure we're not too tall up forward, he can be the holdover and have a week off to give his ribs a rest.

Give Ryan one more week.

Freo play 3 tall forwards (including a ruckman), would we be better off using Jamo, Barrass and Rotham to take them, leaving Gov free? or just put someone smaller on their 3rd tall. I feel like we really need Gov to not have to man a tall

No, Sheed was awful, got touches, but was lazy, pointing to others to chase, and kicked into the man. Don't want him anywhere near the best 23.
We need someone on the wing who knows how to make a short lead and win the ball.

Sheed hasnt been able to chase or tackle anyone for his entire career, its not something he is good at. What he is good at is providing a outlet for the backmen by getting the ball

We dont need our wingers to be tackling beasts. Just need them to play smart football and win some ball. He will do that better then anyone else so is the natural in.

Freo play 3 tall forwards (including a ruckman), would we be better off using Jamo, Barrass and Rotham to take them, leaving Gov free? or just put someone smaller on their 3rd tall. I feel like we really need Gov to not have to man a tall
I would have more confidence in Liam Ryan manning the third tall than Josh Rotham.

Like I said in another thread, I love sheed but he needs to earn his way into the side. He isn’t cooked like Gaff and at that level thos numbers should be a given for Sheed. He needs to earn his way with a bug game (+35 touches, a goal or two, two running as well as using the ball well).
Luke Edwards isnt playing. Who earnt a spot over Sheed?

Johnston isnt ready to play wing at AFL level for example...

He needs to stop treating the wafl as if it’s a way of working himself back to match fitness but rather a tool in which he can earn his way back into the 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back