AFL Autopsy Round 6: 36 Point loss to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re playing our two biggest rivals in the next fortnight. I’m not sure whether that’s a positive or negative...

Lots of issues and some excuses.
1. poor disposal all round. bounce kicks , kicks to the opposition and handballs that do not hit targets kill us.
2. Unable to take enough contested marks and keep the ball. When we kick down the line we turn it over as we do not mark it.
3. Daniher and his horror form. Has gone backwards to the point that he can barely win a contested ball.
4. No Fantasia.No Gleeson.
5. The captain obvious , still short on midfield clearance winners.
6. Lack of run and spread. Backs having to kick to stationary targets and getting picked off.
7. Poor tackling.
8. Poor footy smarts.

i didn’t watch any of this game but want to calibrate my level of outrage.

sounds like we were just as shit as against the pies but fatigued as well.

given the 4 day break, I’m going to keep it at the same level.

i’m at ESSCON 2

Couldn't concentrate on today's game thanks to a knob supporter who thought himself to be some kind of crowd controller but did try to follow Hepp and thought it interesting that he seems to play to one side of the ground which makes sense except it was often on the other side of the ground to where the play was, will try to watch him more closely next week.

Stringer was the only forward that looked dangerous and the overuse of the handball often results in players being under pressure instead of trying to spread from the contest with a kick forward.

Anyone ever walked off a ground after a game and though "i didn't try hard enough today"?

I have and that's what we are looking at here folks.

It's not going to happen for you when you don't try hard enough at this level.

A big pat on the back to the flog patrol applauding the players as they left the field at the end of the game.

YOU are ONE of the reasons why we have been a mediocre basket case for the last decade.

Yeah good call. We’ve lost two games in a row.

Its the fault of the fans, the enormously loyal fans who are the only thing that kept the club afloat throughout the biggest and longest disaster in the game’s history, when plenty of other clubs would’ve collapsed.

Don’t be a moron. The supporters are the best part about the club. You have absolutely no right - no right whatsoever - to attack other supporters who are paying their hard-earned to go along and support the team.

They owe the club and you absolutely nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our game plan.

Let the opposition win the centre clearance
Hope we can intercept or they score a behind
Struggle to bring out of the backline down to our 50
Bomb it in to a 5 on 2 situation
Watch the opposition run the ball freely down their end
Hope we can intercept or they kick a behind
Rack up a bunch of useless possession until we turn it over missing a target 20m away
Opposition goal
Repeat

movie reference of the year.

So the question begs, @ 2-4 and some tough games coming up - when do we bite the bullet and invest in the future.
I'm happy to do a Richmond of 2016 and drop down the ladder if we respond in 2019.
I'd like to see Clarke and Langford in for the remainder of the year at the expense of Jerrett and Bags.

The big question mark is what to do with Joey. Do you ruck him for the remainder of the season and go with Smack, Stewart and Stringer upforward. Is it worth risking him, esp with very little exposure in the role. or back him to respond.
Hard call.

Danniher not getting results but at least trying, same with Tippa, these two are the least of our worries.
Decision making is atrocious.
Selection policy is out there with fairies.
If there is a game plan the players need to be told what it is.
Keep the new blood flowing.
We need speed.
Worse comes to worse, swap Hurley and Joey, let him run AT the ball rather than relying on our shit forward entry delivery.

Yeah good call. We’ve lost two games in a row.

Its the fault of the fans, the enormously loyal fans who are the only thing that kept the club afloat throughout the biggest and longest disaster in the game’s history, when plenty of other clubs would’ve collapsed.

Don’t be a moron. The supporters are the best part about the club. You have absolutely no right - no right whatsoever - to attack other supporters who are paying their hard-earned to go along and support the team.

They owe the club and you absolutely nothing.

Read my post again.

There were two dozen (maximum) people there applauding as the players came off. Probably the same ones who are there every week doing the same thing after every dismal performance. Yes, it's their right to pay their money and carry on however they like... but really? What message does that send to a clearly mentally weak playing group!?

ONE of many, many reasons we are currently a joke - on and off the field.

I haven’t even watched his presser and don’t want to it will be the same dribble i hear every time after a loss the excuses have run out.
Pretty much! And the frustration for fans is it’s impossible to see any improvement. The hierarchy crap on about improving, learning and every other clique you can think of but there is simply no evidence that’s happening. The same mistakes are made week after week.(and season after season). How the heck can JD not have improved his goal kicking?!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Round 6: 36 Point loss to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back