Round 6 COLLINGWOOD v ST KILDA

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires will be joining Collingwood in the huddle.

They were the difference once again.
Give it a rest with the umpire excuses. It wasn't funny in the first place. It's not funny now.

Wasn't in favour of recruiting him but he's been superb for us, a revelation.
He showed glimpses of that in his first year playing alongside Tarrant and McPharlin but lost his way for a while. I thought his last few games for us he started to show it again, that ability to read the game so well and just wander through the tightest of spaces. What he lacks in athleticism and pace he makes up for with pure footy smarts. Like I said his peripheral vision is remarkable, he will constantly amaze with his ability to not just evade tackles but not let anyone lay a hand on him.
Good luck to the kid, looking like a 200 gamer at the moment.

He showed glimpses of that in his first year playing alongside Tarrant and McPharlin but lost his way for a while. I thought his last few games for us he started to show it again, that ability to read the game so well and just wander through the tightest of spaces. What he lacks in athleticism and pace he makes up for with pure footy smarts. Like I said his peripheral vision is remarkable, he will constantly amaze with his ability to not just evade tackles but not let anyone lay a hand on him.
Good luck to the kid, looking like a 200 gamer at the moment.

My biggest knock on him was his kicks tending to be a bit loopy but not only has he rectified that he's become very proficient off his left boot too. Not saying he's as good or will become as good but he's reminding me a lot of Enright at the moment with his composure, reading of the ball in the air and decision making. Good job Robbo and Saint Kilda :thumbsu:

The umpires bias towards Collingwood was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

No one wants to agree with Plugger though no matter how many times St Kilda get screwed.

tissues1.jpg

My biggest knock on him was his kicks tending to be a bit loopy but not only has he rectified that he's become very proficient off his left boot too. Not saying he's as good or will become as good but he's reminding me a lot of Enright at the moment with his composure, reading of the ball in the air and decision making. Good job Robbo and Saint Kilda :thumbsu:
There was always talk out of the club that he worked as hard as anyone there on his game and lived and breathed his footy so not surprising he's improving.

Surprised Lyon let him go but I think he wanted to return to Melbourne, about time we got one back on Freo though.
It was not Freo's choice at all. His girlfriend had a baby and as they are both from Melbourne she wanted to go home to be closer to her family. He really put his career on the line as there was not a lot of interest from Vic clubs in trade week and he walked without a deal. Was happy to see him picked up. Was very surprised at the time that no one traded for him, thought he would be a saleable commodity on displayed form. Obviously Saints would have realised they could get him for nix in the pre-season but I really thought someone else might have jumped first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously getting ****ed by the umps every ****ing week. Its not the reason we lost, but it doesn't help and is just so annoying.

1. Have NFI why the umpire didn't call it a mark for Newness
2. Have NFI why the umpire didn't call it a mark for Roo in the last quarter
3. Have NFI why Pendlebury gets the shittest free kick in the forward 50 and goals, later the same s*** happens to Roberton and its play on
4. Have NFI why Sipposs gets hit on the head in our forward line and its play on in the second quarter, yet Kraker gets two shitty free kicks because he fumbles and cant keep his feet with his head down running forward.
5. Have NFI why it wasn't holding the ball against Swan or was it Cloke around the 50 arc close to the boundary, clearly holding the ball, just drops it, then ball goes forward, Collingwood goal, FML

Seriously, the Pendlebury free was rubbish. Infact, the entire rule is bs...

Any reason for such a poor crowd? 40k between 2 Melbourne sides and the home side has 70k members. Very poor.

Collingwood fans have generally avoided Etihad, it's not a ground we flock to.

Also for anyone complaining about the umpires tonight, Riewoldt got a free kick for falling over, which sparked a Saints run in the last quarter. Worst free ever, get a goal because he tripped over his own feet.

I didn't have much of an issue with the umpires tonight, much better than what we've copped this year. The Pendlebury 'push in the back' inside 50 for a goal to go 2 goals up was farcical, as were Krakouers 3 for headbutting, but we got a couple too.

The 116 year umpire conspiracy is still haunting the almighty Saints. I don't think there has been one game out of the 1343 games they have lost (and a few draws too) that wasn't due to those damn maggots.

How much of a snuff is plugger35? 30 odd thousand posts of pure dribble, bagging umpires, making bigfooty look like a joke.

He must have a real stinker life

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 COLLINGWOOD v ST KILDA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back