Round 6 Discussion (dedicated to NSW CROW)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoping Rotham doesnt make the team this week. Would be a handy downgrade next week

Whats this Noah Answerth's story, is he any good?

Been very impressive in our reserves and we desperately need someone that can defend and has some speed. Missed draft year through injury so older and slightly more developed than other first year players and very highly rated at the Lions. I hope he snatches the spot and holds it down because it's sure as hell there for the taking at the moment.

Been very impressive in our reserves and we desperately need someone that can defend and has some speed. Missed draft year through injury so older and slightly more developed than other first year players and very highly rated at the Lions. I hope he snatches the spot and holds it down because it's sure as hell there for the taking at the moment.

So more of a lockdown small defender?

Supposedly Phil Davis is unlikely to play and Hately will come in. Still it's not a good side for his JS if he's the one left out

Same thing happened to Hore and he's now a fixture. Honestly, he seems a perfect fit to limit the loss of Ward. Who else can fill that gap better from their list?

I had 2 choices this week
1....upgrade rooks to Laird and Walters
2....downgrade rooks to Ross and Baker
Thought, yeah Hately looks the goods, will wait on the rook adjustment for next week.
Reckon this is one of those pivotal moments of the year

Crisp robbed more than the Bombers !
Yep. 37 SC less than his DT score is beyond ******
A couple of issues at play here. First of all, how many of his disposals went backwards? Asking because I don't know the answer. However, they don't score many points compared to disposals that gain yardage. Secondly, with the keepings off that teams are playing, in recent weeks DT points have skyrocketed. 3398 DT points today, but only 3300 SC points allocated, so it stands to reason that a lot of players will score less SC than DT. Previously around 3100 seems to be about the average for DT points. I agree with the sentiment when being compared with Seagull, but the direction of the disposal does also play a part, along with the scaling when there are more DT points than SC points.

7/872 + C.

Figured Clark would have a rest so was able to take Hores score while taking Gawns VC score at the same time.

Picked up Baker and Hore this week, unfortunately missed out on Ross as I figured I would get Hately next week :(

A couple of issues at play here. First of all, how many of his disposals went backwards? Asking because I don't know the answer. However, they don't score many points compared to disposals that gain yardage. Secondly, with the keepings off that teams are playing, in recent weeks DT points have skyrocketed. 3398 DT points today, but only 3300 SC points allocated, so it stands to reason that a lot of players will score less SC than DT. Previously around 3100 seems to be about the average for DT points. I agree with the sentiment when being compared with Seagull, but the direction of the disposal does also play a part, along with the scaling when there are more DT points than SC points.
He had the 7th highest metres gained, not sure if that was off a couple big roosts and the rest were sideways kicks but surely he deserved at least 95

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Larkey and Tarryn Thomas are hardly “experienced hacks”compared to Ahern, Scott and Simpkin though.

But yeah, the Scott years have been nothing but mediocrity for North. Time for new blood. Has there been much shake-up at assistant level recently?

Rhyce Shaw started with us this year i think. Sounds like he is well respected. Didn't see the team sheet before i posted so it's great to finally see Larkey!

From his Bio.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.
At the risk of digressing, he's not even the most interesting player out there..... from the esteemed Mr Alex Rance.

Alex is a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. He has been known to remodel train stations on his lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. He has translated ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, write award-winning operas, and manage time efficiently.
Occasionally, Alex treads water for three days in a row. He woos women with his sensuous and godlike trombone playing, he can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and he cooks Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. He is an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, Alex once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. He plays bluegrass cello, was scouted by the Mets, and is the subject of numerous documentaries. When Alex is bored, he builds large suspension bridges in my yard. He enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after training, he repairs electrical appliances free of charge.
Alex is an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over his original line of corduroy evening wear. He doesn't perspire. Alex is a private citizen, yet receives constant fan mail. He has been caller number nine and has won the weekend passes. Last summer he toured New South Wales with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. Alex averages 99.94.
His deft floral arrangements have earned him fame in international botany circles. Children trust hum. He can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. He once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. He knows the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. Alex has performed several covert operations with the ADF.
Alex sleeps once a week; when he does sleep, he sleeps in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, he successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. He balances, he weaves, he dodges, he frolics, and his bills are all paid.
On weekends, to let off steam, Alex participates in full-contact origami. Years ago he discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. He has made extraordinary four course meals using only a mixmaster and a toaster oven. He breeds prize-winning clams. He has won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.
Alex has played Hamlet, has performed open-heart surgery, and has spoken with Elvis.

But for all of that, Alex has NEVER averaged 100 over a season in Supercoach.

In short, Crisp is CD's bitch.

7/855 C

Yes but Lloyd averages 4 contested and goes sideways more than most and regularly gets 110+
Yeah not disputing that. Lloyds scores given how little impact he has are frustrating, but the number of DT points allocated today was well above normal. NFI how scaling works but wouldn't surprise me if the non contested stuff is scaled more harshly than the contested stuff.

It would actually be interesting to compare Lloyds disposals versus Crisp. Having said that though, Lloyd was -24SC last week compared to DT, where there were more than 3400DT points. The week before he was -13SC when there were only 3125DT points for the match.

Keira has been ultra consistent. Pretty happy with her so far.

Mcgrath is killing me. How he got rookie of the year I'll never know. Looks like that dumb experiment by me is going to nipped in the bud very soon.
I lost patience a week ago. It felt good to trade up even though it meant the only player I had from the team I support was gone

He made 2 clangers in his first 3 touches of the game, in like 2 minutes of play. After that, everything he did was scored less. CD do that all the time for whatever reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back