Round 6 The Sydney Swans vs. The Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round 6 vs Brisbane Lions

So what does averyone think about this game. Our defence will be really tested and it doesn't help matters that Craig Bolton is almost certainly going to miss the game.

Out
C.Bolton

In
Richards

If Grundy and LRT have good games then odds are we will win the game.
Why are you starting this when i thought Soph had the okay to start it !

Come on guys, it's Soph's little thing, she loves starting the next game threads, just let her do it! Geez.

Meanwhile it's sad to see Bolton out, but LRT has done a great job on Brown before so shuld get the gig again - if Brown even plays, that is. Grundy and Fev - now that will be cool to watch!

Oh come on, she's not a 12 year old. People want to talk about the next game straight away. If Soph is around to put up the thread, cool. If not, who cares if someone else does?

common sense prevails, i don't know the history, but one person cant ride permanent shotgun on starting threads surely...

Whoa hold up
please dont fight

I dont need 2 be on the internet 24/7 udd hate me more than u do now so no Iphone for me

If u must know i attend as many games as possible including ressies so i slog out (not that is a bad thing) almost 10 hours of footy each weekend so yeah i may get home a little late but why not find other things to talk about 1st

and the reason why i dont start them earlier is because people got cranky about that as well

So next week before i head of for my next 6 hours of footy ill star the next thread if thats gonna make everyone happy

Anyway mods wont like this

back on topic

IS DANIEL RICH PLAYING?

We've got some sore bodies this week. Kirky grabbed the back of his leg when he took that final shot on goal. Moore hurt his ankle again. Jesse looked to have a bit of a groin issue when he marked and hit the ground.
The magical waters of Sydney will need to be especially potent to help with recovery.

Whoa hold up
please dont fight

I dont need 2 be on the internet 24/7 udd hate me more than u do now so no Iphone for me

If u must know i attend as many games as possible including ressies so i slog out (not that is a bad thing) almost 10 hours of footy each weekend so yeah i may get home a little late but why not find other things to talk about 1st

and the reason why i dont start them earlier is because people got cranky about that as well

So next week before i head of for my next 6 hours of footy ill star the next thread if thats gonna make everyone happy

Anyway mods wont like this

back on topic

IS DANIEL RICH PLAYING?

Your diligence is appreciated :)

Don't know why we're all so fractious at the moment. Perhaps we're just a bit nervous being on top of the ladder and looking for our fifth win on the trot. It's been a while since we sucked such rarified air from the mountain top. Indeed, I can't remember being so well placed in the early rounds.

Feel free to start your thread as early as you like. No complaints from me.
---------------

Back on track - I hope Jesse's form improvement continues this week, though it's a shame about Bolton missing. This game will be the first of the big challenge games. If Brown is out we are a real chance at the SCG. It might also wake us up to what's coming in the next few weeks.

We've got some sore bodies this week. Kirky grabbed the back of his leg when he took that final shot on goal. Moore hurt his ankle again. Jesse looked to have a bit of a groin issue when he marked and hit the ground.
The magical waters of Sydney will need to be especially potent to help with recovery.

You mean the 'magical' organic healing compounds that pump out of the deep ocean outfalls each day ?

So what is the deal with the injuries that Brissy have?

I know Brown is questionable and Drummond i have heard too but i heard there might be others who will miss?

Any Brisbanites around to fill us in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is the deal with the injuries that Brissy have?

I know Brown is questionable and Drummond i have heard too but i heard there might be others who will miss?

Any Brisbanites around to fill us in?

Brown is likely to miss, shouldn't have played against the Dees (was holding his groin the whole match and couldn't run - was a liability)
Merrett did his hammy and will miss
Drummond may miss

Power and Sherman didn't play against Melbourne but should be right for the match on Saturday.

Not looking forward to the match on Saturday, so nervous when we play away from the Gabba. I never tip against my team but I think you guys will win it. Going to be hard watching the match as Braddles was my favourite player at the Lions. Hoping for a good, hard contest but it all depends on which Brisbane turns up. A week is a long time in footy for us, we beat the Bulldogs then lost to Melbourne lol.

sherminator.jpg
killed us last time if i do recall

I'm really worried about Sherman and Power coming back in. Two big ins for them. I think you'll definitely see a much better performance from Brisbane going forward next week.

The big question is how their defence is going to hold up. I assume Patfull would go to Bradshaw but what about the rest? Staker on White and who can run with Goodes?

Also, I propose we give Rohan his debut next week. With saucehead Merrett out, this game needs more ranga.

Personally, I think Jared Brennan poses the biggest threat for us.
He is so unpredictable... when he is on fire, he is one of the most damaging players in the league! His height too means that a player like Benny McGlynn (if he was playing) wouldn't be able to tag him.

Looking forward to the ruck dual... Clark and Leunberger is a challenge for our boys.

Brown is likely to miss, shouldn't have played against the Dees (was holding his groin the whole match and couldn't run - was a liability)
Merrett did his hammy and will miss
Drummond may miss

Power and Sherman didn't play against Melbourne but should be right for the match on Saturday.

Thanks mate.

Sucks for your boys, those are 3 of your most important players in my eyes.

So with Merrett out, would it be safe to say Goose will go to Bradshaw, Patfull to Goodes (has done ok on him before) and then who on Jesse? Would Staker be thrown back possibly? Mitch Clark to go into the backline maybe?

Personally, I think Jared Brennan poses the biggest threat for us.
He is so unpredictable... when he is on fire, he is one of the most damaging players in the league! His height too means that a player like Benny McGlynn (if he was playing) wouldn't be able to tag him.

Looking forward to the ruck dual... Clark and Leunberger is a challenge for our boys.

I wouldn't mind seeing a midfield dual between Goodes and Brennan, with Goodes drifting forward to keep Brennan accountable.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27039036-5018851,00.html

Mainly an article about Craig being out for up to 6 weeks, but Roosy also seems to say that LRT will get the job on Fev and Reg will go to Browny, if Jono is to play of course.

Interesting, i'd be happy for Grundy to get the job on Browny provided Craig was in to take Fev. I just think Fev might have a bit too much pace off the lead for Lewie who is a tad slow off the mark but he does seem to make ground very well. LRT will be fine with Fev in the air but on the lead Fev might give him some worries.

SCG is a small ground so who knows maybe it won't hurt us too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 The Sydney Swans vs. The Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back