Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I made two trades this week. Out, Lin Jong and CEY and in comes Ward and JPK.

Before everyone jumps down my throat and says CEY has money to make, sure he does. But he will miss 3 games I think, youngish player they wont risk him, he has been very good for them, they will give him the extra week.

I also have money makers everywhere. In the mids I still have Krak and Vanderberg making me good coin. In the backline, I have Saad, Mckintosh and I hate to say it, Nathan Brown. And in the forwards, I have Clark, Salem, Hogan and Tarrant all making me money.

My next step after completing my mids was getting to work on the forwards. I will be going one up one down. I still have 23 trades left. I wont be trading for the next few weeks unless I have to do so.

Any thoughts and opinions would be fantastic.

Go Bombers.
Nothing wrong with that at all...

Apart from the "Go Bombers." at the end of the post. Essendon forum is elsewhere.

Hi Guys,
Havent posted on here for a while (atleast 24 hours) and would love some expert input!
Lots of possibilities this week to consider (Glenn, McKenzie, total Backline, outs (CEY, Bennell))......
Based on my team, should I do either of the following?

* Do something spontaneously crazy sideways and trade out Bennell + Newnes for 2 premium upgrades (thinking Dahlhouse, Buddy, McDonald, Pittard, Picken) -- Newnes is Newnes, and Bennell has been disappointing and seems to have some soul searching to do ATM.....

* Be sensible and solidify my backs..... downgrade Goodes (to McKenzie) to upgrade Newnes (thinking McDonald, Pittard, Picken) -- This also would leave me with enough to upgrade to Brodie Smith next week if he performs this weekend.....

Any other advice, please share!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaw, Lamamba, NEWNES, Oxley, Saad, McKintosh (GOODES, Brown)

Fyfe, Oendles, Joelwood, Beams, Sloane, Danger, Cripps CEY (Touk, Heeney, Smith)

Goldy, TBC (Cox)

Swan, Bennell, Bont, Gray, Hogan, Tarrant (Krak, Clarke)
How much cash in hand again?
Actually, do the backs trade regardless. Especially if you can brodie smith in next week

Actually, do the backs trade regardless. Especially if you can brodie smith in next week
Cool cool, so disregarding the rest of my team and focusing on backs......

1. do I bring in the favoured Glenn for Heeney/CEY, or the less favoured McKenzie for Goodes.
2. Im having trouble deciding which backs are likely to excel moving forward..... really like the looks of (in no particular order) McDonald, Pittard and Picken. May even go with Picken as he's the cheapest, and Id optimistically think that his last 2 weeks have not been flukes.

I'd go with option 1 and Pittard as Port love the ball in his hands and I feel like he may be more reliable long term but I am torn on Mcdonald! has been great so far....just can't help but think of Lynden Dunn last year...had a stretch of 116, 145, 149, 97 & 89...finished with an 85 ave and a lot of putrid scores...

Yep im finding it very hard to make a decision between the two of them... port draw opens up nicely now and they seem to like to ball in Jaspers hands but im concerned about a possible defensive tag on him

Mcdonald has been fantastic but can he keep it up? Im wary of KPDs and i dont want to get sucked in to chasing last weeks points

Cool cool, so disregarding the rest of my team and focusing on backs......

1. do I bring in the favoured Glenn for Heeney/CEY, or the less favoured McKenzie for Goodes.
2. Im having trouble deciding which backs are likely to excel moving forward..... really like the looks of (in no particular order) McDonald, Pittard and Picken. May even go with Picken as he's the cheapest, and Id optimistically think that his last 2 weeks have not been flukes.
Stay away from Picken - fool's gold.

Yep im finding it very hard to make a decision between the two of them... port draw opens up nicely now and they seem to like to ball in Jaspers hands but im concerned about a possible defensive tag on him

Mcdonald has been fantastic but can he keep it up? Im wary of KPDs and i dont want to get sucked in to chasing last weeks points

Agreed, both have they're pros and cons! I'm personally holding off on def upgrades until some proven quantities like Simpson and perhaps Smith bottom out.

Call me crazy but I made two trades this week. Out, Lin Jong and CEY and in comes Ward and JPK.

Before everyone jumps down my throat and says CEY has money to make, sure he does. But he will miss 3 games I think, youngish player they wont risk him, he has been very good for them, they will give him the extra week.

I also have money makers everywhere. In the mids I still have Krak and Vanderberg making me good coin. In the backline, I have Saad, Mckintosh and I hate to say it, Nathan Brown. And in the forwards, I have Clark, Salem, Hogan and Tarrant all making me money.

My next step after completing my mids was getting to work on the forwards. I will be going one up one down. I still have 23 trades left. I wont be trading for the next few weeks unless I have to do so.

Any thoughts and opinions would be fantastic.

Go Bombers.

I don't mind those trades,whilst you are going early on cey the end game is to get rookies to premiums, and you are doing that. Having said that, I have decided to hold him myself.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on my sideways trade option. Here is my team:

image.jpg

Obviously my backline is cactus, and my first trade will be

Kelly > McDonald

After this I still don't have enough to $ to get Goodes or any of my other crap backs up to a decent player, so that will have to wait until next week. As such, I am thinking of doing

Zac smith > Dylan Shiel

It's a bit sideways and will mean that I lose dpp between rucks/fwds and mids/fwds, but I can restore this down the track by getting in goldy and grey for midfield rookies over the next few weeks.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Hi Guys,
Havent posted on here for a while (atleast 24 hours) and would love some expert input!
Lots of possibilities this week to consider (Glenn, McKenzie, total Backline, outs (CEY, Bennell))......
Based on my team, should I do either of the following?

* Do something spontaneously crazy sideways and trade out Bennell + Newnes for 2 premium upgrades (thinking Dahlhouse, Buddy, McDonald, Pittard, Picken) -- Newnes is Newnes, and Bennell has been disappointing and seems to have some soul searching to do ATM.....

* Be sensible and solidify my backs..... downgrade Goodes (to McKenzie) to upgrade Newnes (thinking McDonald, Pittard, Picken) -- This also would leave me with enough to upgrade to Brodie Smith next week if he performs this weekend.....

Any other advice, please share!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaw, Lamamba, NEWNES, Oxley, Saad, McKintosh (GOODES, Brown)

Fyfe, Oendles, Joelwood, Beams, Sloane, Danger, Cripps CEY (Touk, Heeney, Smith)

Goldy, TBC (Cox)

Swan, Bennell, Bont, Gray, Hogan, Tarrant (Krak, Clarke)

Would it be stupid to consider the injured CEY --> Glenn, and then upgrade Goodes --> Premium Back (allows me to give Newnes ONE more chance??)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be stupid to consider the injured CEY --> Glenn, and then upgrade Goodes --> Premium Back (allows me to give Newnes ONE more chance??)
Not at all. Might be your best move. CEY still has money to make, but Glenn looked good on the weekend so you might get away with it. Goodes to a premo would make your defense look good. In terms of which premo defender, stay away from Picken.

Anyone got insights into Brad Ebert..? Especially Port Folk?

Scoring well, will it continue?

Looking for Griffen replacement.
I fell for the same thing last year when he scored 140 against the Swans at the SCG. He was very disappointing after that. Never again!

There are better options out there. When trading in a premo mid, you should be thinking of getting someone who will be in top 10 SC scoring midfielders at the end of the year. Ebert does not fall into that category.

He is good player for Port.

CEcnjLxVIAATMin.png:large

Option 1
NVB to Glenn this week
Kelly sideways or Salem to a premium under 470k (which there seems to be none worth bringing in)

Option 2

NVB to Krakouer this week

Next week: Salem to midfield and downgrade to Glenn, along with Kelly sideways to a bottomed out Brodie Smith.

Thoughts lads? Any other options I may have overseen?

nvb- glenn (week early)
kelly-mcdonald/pittard
cash for upgrade left next week.

I don't mind those trades,whilst you are going early on cey the end game is to get rookies to premiums, and you are doing that. Having said that, I have decided to hold him myself.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on my sideways trade option. Here is my team:

View attachment 131901

Obviously my backline is cactus, and my first trade will be

Kelly > McDonald

After this I still don't have enough to $ to get Goodes or any of my other crap backs up to a decent player, so that will have to wait until next week. As such, I am thinking of doing

Zac smith > Dylan Shiel

It's a bit sideways and will mean that I lose dpp between rucks/fwds and mids/fwds, but I can restore this down the track by getting in goldy and grey for midfield rookies over the next few weeks.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thoughts on Pittard or Murphy instead of McDonald?

Stuck!!!

B: Simpson, Newnes, Ibbotson, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh (*Goodes, Brown)
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Sloane, Ward, Cotchin, Cripps, Vandenberg, Heeney (*CEY, Anderson, Krakouer)
R: Naitanui, *Minson (Cox)
F: Dahlhaus, D.Smith, Zorko, Ryder, Wingard, Tarrant (Hogan, Clark)

Cash: $33k

Really want to upgrade but a little stumped:

CEY>Glenn
Goodes>B.Smith
- can wait a week as both Goodes & Smith are set for price drops. Alternatively McGovern or Howe to get a R13 premo defender in but not sold on either.

or,
CEY>Glenn
Minson>any ruck
Only liking Goldstein, Blicavs & Martin but all have R13 bye, same as Naitanui & Ryder.

or,
CEY>Glenn
Minson>Any mid or fwd via m.p.p.
Leaves me without ruck cover and I'm kind of hellbent on keeping it.

Be bold (ie CEY>Glenn & Minson>Fyfe, Franklin or Goldstein) or hold for a week???

Any of these trades and it's effectively 8 trades already for:
a) only 1 upgrade if I get a premo defender + Minson still rotting on pine.
or,
b) Effectively sideways Minson and 8 trades used without an upgrade yet.

Any ideas?

Stuck!!!

B: Simpson, Newnes, Ibbotson, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh (*Goodes, Brown)
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Sloane, Ward, Cotchin, Cripps, Vandenberg, Heeney (*CEY, Anderson, Krakouer)
R: Naitanui, *Minson (Cox)
F: Dahlhaus, D.Smith, Zorko, Ryder, Wingard, Tarrant (Hogan, Clark)

Cash: $33k

Really want to upgrade but a little stumped:

CEY>Glenn
Goodes>B.Smith
- can wait a week as both Goodes & Smith are set for price drops. Alternatively McGovern or Howe to get a R13 premo defender in but not sold on either.

or,
CEY>Glenn
Minson>any ruck
Only liking Goldstein, Blicavs & Martin but all have R13 bye, same as Naitanui & Ryder.

or,
CEY>Glenn
Minson>Any mid or fwd via m.p.p.
Leaves me without ruck cover and I'm kind of hellbent on keeping it.

Be bold (ie CEY>Glenn & Minson>Fyfe, Franklin or Goldstein) or hold for a week???

Any of these trades and it's effectively 8 trades already for:
a) only 1 upgrade if I get a premo defender + Minson still rotting on pine.
or,
b) Effectively sideways Minson and 8 trades used without an upgrade yet.

Any ideas?
get goldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back