Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be upgrading one of Weiters, Dea or BenKen this week?
Always a bit hesitant on upgrading this early when it comes to rookies. Those three only need a big week, which they've proven they can do, and they start generating $$$ again.

Got 232k in the bank, worth upgrading one of them to a premo now?

Would really appreciate some other opinions on my movements this round. Just traded Weiters for Simpson, got heaps of cash to splash ($531,400) and not sure whether I should trade Dea -> Lee or go another prem. Sitting around 2000. I don't like Menadue in my team any more at all but obviously Dea's BE is higher.

upload_2016-4-28_14-58-52.png

Would really appreciate some other opinions on my movements this round. Just traded Weiters for Simpson, got heaps of cash to splash ($531,400) and not sure whether I should trade Dea -> Lee or go another prem. Sitting around 2000. I don't like Menadue in my team any more at all but obviously Dea's BE is higher.

View attachment 240753
id go menadue -->premo
you cant play him on the ground

He just cops it week in week out and keeps battling on.
Such a gun.
Well, you don't make friends with salad
Saad is one of my favourite players. Especially considering his background. I love watching blokes like him, Tippa etc kill it because it shows anything is possible. Id make friends with him :)

View attachment 240753
I'd definitely upgrade. None of the downgrade guys on the bubble this week are 'must haves'. Appears like there will be a few good ones in the coming weeks (Petracca, Tucker, Keays). Dea could make his BE. Even if he doesn't, he likely won't go down much.
Menadue -> premo would be my preferred option as others have said also.
Wells forward, mid premo in

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/c12723f162c37b6f1266a472ab610854

This man continues to amaze. Gets through all the niggles, if the Suns actually win this weekend at the cattery, he's an absolute champion GOAT - already is (I dont think it will happen)

'Salad" out for them as well hurts. o_O
Maybe Davis (assuming he's in after being rested) gets a shot in the midfield with so many missing. He is a natural midfielder isn't he? Really want him to make it to at least $240k

Maybe Davis (assuming he's in after being rested) gets a shot in the midfield with so many missing. He is a natural midfielder isn't he? Really want him to make it to at least $240k
That would be ideal as ive got Dunks and Gresham on the bench doing nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Delaney at the Saints, similar type to Lee, seems to have fallen of the face of the earth...

We picked him up from NM when we, literally, had a complete lack of KPD (save Fish, who at the time looked like he might never play again...), so threw a three year deal at him so we would atleast have someone to play on the KPF each week. And, in his first year, he didn't do all that bad at it - but he was always a fringe/depth player - and not really part of our next window with the likes of Goddard/Roberton/Carlisle now on the list too, don't think he will be hanging around past his current contract (end this year or next?)

id go menadue -->premo
you cant play him on the ground

I'd definitely upgrade. None of the downgrade guys on the bubble this week are 'must haves'. Appears like there will be a few good ones in the coming weeks (Petracca, Tucker, Keays). Dea could make his BE. Even if he doesn't, he likely won't go down much.
Menadue -> premo would be my preferred option as others have said also.
Wells forward, mid premo in

You have talked me into it fella's, cheers. Parker it is

I'm almost sure I'm bringing Fantasia in for Dea this week.

I'm not really looking to be convinced it's a bad move. I know it's risky. I'm hoping he'll be in the mix for a D5/6 spot long term, and confident he'll score better, and make more money than Dea in the event I can't keep him.

I'm mostly just putting this here so it's on the record.

I still have Barlow and am meh about him still being in my team. His 1 decent score has been against Carlton, so I'm not sold that he's back just yet. Had I traded him out to a Dahl/Zorko/Hall/Merrett as many did, I'd be relieved that he's no longer one of my POD's in league matches TBH.

As for letting go of spud picks, I got rid of Sam Gray a couple of weeks ago and don't regret burning that trade whatsoever. Lonergan has been nearly as bad. I just hadn't got around to booting his arse out yet. He's had 5 weeks playing in the midfield and hasn't shown any signs that would make me think he will average close to a keeper. On averages, he's my D7 ATM and quite frankly, I'd sooner start my D8 Byrne than him this week. At 352k, if he's not scoring well enough to start on the field, he needs to GTFO of my team.

I was going to dump De Goey last week as well, but thought I would give him 1 last chance as he'd shown some good signs, even though they hadn't translated to SC points to that point. Scored a valuable 101 at F6 on the weekend, so I'm relieved I held that trade. Nevertheless, he needs to back up again this week, or he also will be unceremoniously kicked to the curb. No place for sentiment in SC unless we're talking about SP Cripps, who I wouldn't trade out even if he was averaging sub 80. :straining:
Valid points - 5 weeks is enough grace for these spuds
I suppose last year I've got burnt by trading out a few players too early - but 'em the chances you make or break

Doesn't bode well for someone who has been on the periphery for 4-5 years though

St Kilda are rebuilding, you either sink or swim, he sunk

Surely Goddard and co would be more tolerable
Lee had both shoulders reconstructed at the end of his first year at the Saints.
He'll be a great third tall with Goddard and Carlisle.

We picked him up from NM when we, literally, had a complete lack of KPD (save Fish, who at the time looked like he might never play again...), so threw a three year deal at him so we would atleast have someone to play on the KPF each week. And, in his first year, he didn't do all that bad at it - but he was always a fringe/depth player - and not really part of our next window with the likes of Goddard/Roberton/Carlisle now on the list too, don't think he will be hanging around past his current contract (end this year or next?)

Delaney is out of contract the year. Very unlikely to be offered a new one.

Is also a very different player to Lee. Delaney is a big bollocking key defender who is literally a worse kick than Geary. Doesn't do much but defend. Lee is a 3rd tall in the dempster mould. With one of the better field kicks I've seen on a 195cm player.

Can't really speak for his job security though. Even I'm on the fence about swapping dea to him.

Just heard on the local grapevine that Lovell could be debuting for the Hawks this week. Not sure his JS will be great, but he has been doing well at Box Hill from all reports and knows how to find the footy. Could be a 'watch this space'.

Just heard on the local grapevine that Lovell could be debuting for the Hawks this week. Not sure his JS will be great, but he has been doing well at Box Hill from all reports and knows how to find the footy. Could be a 'watch this space'.
mid rookies coming out of our ears now!
Petracca, Keays, Mathieson, Smith, Willis, MacPherson and now LOVELL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back